Viewing 12 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Leslie
      Lady

I had an experience today. And while it is not a usual topic here I just have to report it. I am not sure if it was just the female coming out, or some strange guy hang over or just an senior episode or all three at once.
      Well anyway this is what happened. I was out today and I was leaving my last stop. I got into my car (which I have driven for several years) and started to shift into reverse. The gear shift lever wouldn’t move. I figured that the steering was locked because the locking paw wasn’t lining up right. I giggled the stearin wheel but i still couldn’t move the lever. After several attempts I got out and checked the tires they were straight. I thought about asking someone else on the parking lot for help, girl mode kicking in. But guy mode kicked in  and i couldn’t ask or call AAA. Then senior mode kicked in (maybe it was years of working service desk) and I thought of starting the car and seeing if that did anything. After that I shifted into reverse and discretely left. Or maybe it was just a blonde, which I am not, experience.  It is so very hard to be a senior and trans, you never which persona is going to be in charge at any give moment.

Hi Leslie sorry girl for the car troubles glad it worked out did you find out the problem with it or just a glitch in the car he he ..

Stephanie Bass

Leslie
        Lady

Car was find driver was the problem. Like I said life is difficult when you have all those issues going at one. Two of them I can do something about unfortunately old age is forever!

Thanks yes it was nice to figure it out in the end and not embarrass myself doing it. As I said I had worked IT help desk for years and “is I device turned on” was one of the first questions we asked. Maybe long term memory is still functioning.

Anonymous

Leslie,

I hope I’m misunderstanding you.

We’re you trying to say that “it was the female coming out” what caused you to be unable to realize what was the cause for the issue with the car?

Yeah, I hope I’m wrong, even after reading your posting several times.
      But if not, it must be really terrible being a woman and having to interact with somebody who has any similar thinking.

Anonymous

A good friend helped me realize it was most likely misinterpreting you indeed.
        So, my apologies.

Leslie
        Lady

NO, just looking at all the responses that rather quickly flashed through my head at the time. One of them being my “normal” male reaction to being in a situation that required asking for help. The other being a new found reaction of asking for help. And finally falling back on my old training in problem solving. It was not a slight on my new found feminine mode of thought and reaction.

But thanks for the concern.

Leslie

Anonymous

Leslie,

Again my sincere apologies for “jumping the gun”. And one true fact…. As long as we are breathing, we are not getting any younger!

Gabriela

Angela Booth
      Hostess

There are times when something unusual happens that the brain says shouldn’t be happening so it takes time for the problem to be evaluated in the brain. As you get older the Ol’ synapses work slower at times.

I understand why you would think of asking for help – a womens way – and the male side kicking in to say ‘That ain’t happenin’

Anonymous

One of the potential advantages of maturity is being willing to wait for the right answer to come.

Dani
      Lady

Leslie, I understand. Or think I do. Something comes up out of left field to derail our train of though (admittedly on some days, very shaky rails) and then it’s like – who am I? Or who am I supposed to be?
      After I get through the initial situation I try to just pack it away. The key thing is not to scold ourselves. After all what can we really change in those situations?
      I’m with you sister.

ChloeC
      Duchess

Hi Leslie, well, I suppose it could be any of those reasons you suggested, or something entirely different.  I know there have been times in the past where something similar has happened to me.  Maybe more so in the past 20 years than in the preceding /whatever/ number.  But now I’m just attributing it to having way too many things to think about, train of thought. Yeah, maybe getting older, but I’m still knock’n em dead at bar trivia.  So I think it’s mostly just sort of a lack of focus because one is focusing on far more important things.  Unless it keeps up and gets worse, I wouldn’t worry about it.

I drive a manual (6 speed) and have for a number of years, my SO drives an automatic with a few more options.  I get into her car to drive us, and sometimes in what might be called a possible stressful situation, my left foot immediately goes to the…clutch, which of course isn’t there.  Nobody sees, of course, but it feels funny to slam that foot and hit the firewall.  Oh well.   Oh, and she does have to remind me occasionally about some of the more ‘exotic’ controls on the dash.

Hugs, ChloeC

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

Leslie,

It’s like when I look all over the house for my glasses only to find I’m wearing them! Happens to us all, don’t worry about it.

Trish White
      Baroness

That is too funny Leslie! I can just see myself crawling under the car in heels and skirt, you’d have a 100 guys coming over to help, lol. Your post just made my day, thanks for posting.

Love,

Trish

Haveing care trouble when in a dress makes your heart beat fast. Like changing a flat along a busy road when each passing car creates a draft that flips your skirt up in your face so you cannot see what you are doing!

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

So funny. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs, Liara

Anonymous

Don’t worry about it, Leslie.  We all have moments like that.  Thanks for sharing.

Too funny!! I can totally relate though, and now I can blame it on my female brain. 🙂 I’m having trouble remembering to put all the things I need each day in my purse or satchel bag, so I arrived at work this morning without my hairbrush…

cheers everybody,

Love,

Lauren M

Leslie
        Lady

Yes I spent 15 minutes looking for mine the other day and all I could think of is I had my glasses. I could see them! But I take solace in the fact when I wander into the bathroom I do remember why.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?