Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Amanda Burton
      Participant
      Registered On: January 15, 2020
      Topics: 7
      Replies: 338

Here is thought from an article in the Saturday Daily Mail. It concerns sadly of the death of Jan  Morris, author, historian, travel writer.

Born James Morris and under went transition from Male to  female, when it was called a sex change in casablanca. She wrote all in autobiography in 1975,  Called Conundrum. She remained in love with the woman she had kids with and they stayed together. She started her transition back in 1964. Now  this is the role model that’s speaks for our communities, not stunts.

Our condolences to the family on their loss of an  inspirational human being.

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Sa•man•tha
      Founder
      Registered On: January 21, 2018
      Topics: 304
      Replies: 1442

Seems like some awfully closed minded judgemental commentary here, gosh.  Not sure I understand why anyone would be upset.  Crossdressing is a diverse world and man in a dress is a thing.  Not sure there’s any such thing as bad publicity, only bad representatives for the community.  I remember seeing a fellow about my age wearing a gypsy skirt in the supermarket back in the late 90s and thinking it was one of the coolest things I’d ever saw.

Thanks for posting it up, Charris 🙂

stephanie plumb
        Participant
        Registered On: November 17, 2018
        Topics: 96
        Replies: 887

Awww – c’mon Sammy.  Don’t be so hard on those of us who feel insulted by this prank. This was just an infantile stunt.  It reminded me of schoolchildren playing with the dressing up box.   Are we going back to the days when comedians saw us as fodder for taking the piss out of?   I bet they wouldn’t have gone off on their own without the protection of film crews.

I am not usually “close minded and judgemental”  unless imho it insults me personally. This did.

It did nothing at all to persuade “society” that CD’ers  are normal people, who should feel free to express themselves in public without fear.  Now if they were genuine CD’ers they wouldn’t have paraded about showing their chest hairs in absolutely dreadful clothes, just to demonstrate  that men who wear women’s clothes are still just men.  That is extremely insulting to many of us who identifies as transgender.

What was their intended message? – a man in a dress looks cool?

This is the message I got:  If a man wears women’s clothes not only does he look ridiculous he is just a man in a dress attracting attention to himself.

How on earth this gives us good publicity is beyond me.

Stephanie P

Sa•man•tha
          Founder
          Registered On: January 21, 2018
          Topics: 304
          Replies: 1442

Stephanie, I know personally two people who present as men in dresses or skirts, one of them is a close friend of mine & both are members of this site.  I identify as transgender and I dont feel insulted at all.  Like I said, it’s a diverse community.  Be careful hon.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            stephanie plumb
            Participant

Point taken Sammy.   Please read my third paragraph again –  I chose the words carefully – you will see that they are in no way intended to offend or insult genuine CD’ers, on this site or anywhere else.   Quite the reverse – I am standing up for us against prejudice and injustice, and for this I will not apologise.

Perhaps I do, sometimes, in my passion, come over a bit too strong, so if I have inadvertently offended anyone on this site I humbly beg your pardon.

Perhaps I should just 🤐

Stephanie P

5 users thanked author for this post.
            Grace Scarlett
            Participant
            Registered On: July 26, 2020
            Topics: 20
            Replies: 564

Stephanie!!!

Don’t you dare 🤐

xx

Amanda Burton
            Participant

Well Stephanie I fully endorse what you  said, and I don’t think in any way you have insulted anyone. I under stand Samantha ‘s points too. But a staged stunt is not quite the same as a friend or man deciding to wear a dress because he likes to. But a man in a dress is nothing new, in some countries they are called robes, and in Asia, well you should see the ladyboy’ s shows. We all have a different perspective on what we see and how we interpret it. We live in countries of free speech, and may not always like what we read, but as adults on here many of us have total respect for each others posts, and I am sure no one deliberately sets out to offend or be offensive.

• This reply was modified 1 day ago by Amanda Burton. Reason: Felt like it
        Laura Lovett
        Participant
        Registered On: March 26, 2020
        Topics: 8
        Replies: 412

To be fair, Sammy, the fashion faux past shown by those guys is enough to make anyone cross.

I believe in clothes freedom, but they’re taking the p***🤣

Love Laura

Amanda Burton
      Participant

Sorry girls, but this sort of c##p makes me so angry….

morons like these are just not helping us at all…no attempt at femininity, just ” butch in a frock” which has been a standing joke and also an insult all my life. We will only ever be laughed at if these idiots are what people think genuine crossdressers are trying to achieve. I want to look feminine, pretty if poss and feel good, not look like a ” man in a gown”, do you think I have bought shares in Rimmel for no reason…haha

…Brit, you are spot on but I will add…put both dresses in the fire pit…with the morons inside them as well…..

sorry, I need a large JD on the rocks to cool me down…..

but this is just MY opinion, grace ❤️

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏well said sweetie, this is  just the sort of negative publicity the press gives us when a celebrity attempts to be controversial on issues that they really do not understand. It sell magazines and hopefully a plus for the fashion industry, but destroys the hard work we put in to change public perceptions of us with silly stunts.

6 users thanked author for this post.
      Bianca Everdene
      Participant
      Registered On: April 11, 2017
      Topics: 16
      Replies: 567

Thanks for sharing Charris.

You have just made my day.

A huge leap forward for us, to just go for it if we feel it will not adversely impact on our relationship with our nearest and dearest.

I did touch on the fact to a girl at work about by femininity coming out on me, how Her reply ‘that’s so cool’! I was so happy at her response.

I am continuing to push Bianca out into the open bit by bit.

❤️B

Britney Summers
      Participant
      Registered On: June 6, 2020
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 90

morons like these are just not helping us at all…no attempt at femininity, just ” butch in a frock” which has been a standing joke and also an insult all my life. We will only ever be laughed at if these idiots are what people think genuine crossdressers are trying to achieve. I want to look feminine, pretty if poss and feel good, not look like a ” man in a gown”, do you think I have bought shares in Rimmel for no reason…haha

…Brit, you are spot on but I will add…put both dresses in the fire pit…with the morons inside them as well…..

You make good points.  I definitely agree with you.

Grace Scarlett
      Participant
      Registered On: July 26, 2020
      Topics: 20
      Replies: 564

stephanie plumb
        Participant

With you all the  way Grace!

Let’s just parade about as insulting caricatures showing that even if we wear  ridiculous looking women’s clothes we are really butch men and that CD’s have no right to dress as their identified gender without looking like weirdo deviants, that should be stared at and laughed at.   Such stunts really do advance society’s acceptance of us. Not!! What knobheads!

Of course they are publicity seeking, smug, cowardly ***hole’s really, accompanied by camera crews and bouncers in safe areas. And the audience could see that, so the whole effect was lost.

Grace, please pass me the bottle…

But that’s just my opinion

Steph 😖😞😟

Britney Summers
      Participant
      Registered On: June 6, 2020
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 90

I like the blue ball gown, would have been better with heels though. That orange monstrosity needs to be thrown in the fire pit and burned.

I wouldn’t worry about the keyboard warriors in the comment section.

It should be tested out in those scary right wing areas every one is so scared of, I would love to see video of that.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Gail Rich
      Participant
      Registered On: October 11, 2017
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 32

I agree that the orange dress was horrible. Bu the blue gown was over the top as well. Neither was really appropriate attire for walking on the street or taking the subway. They almost shouted that “I am only joking” and “I am not really into wearing a dress“. “ I am safe”. “This is a stunt and I have a camara following me”
      I don’t think it advances the idea of a man in a dress at all.

Laura Lovett
        Participant

Very well put, Gail!

Love Laura

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Laura Lovett
      Participant

The low cut front is not a great look, but otherwise he does not look any less of a man to me – even with the mask, his masculinity shows.

It’s the Daily Mail, so I understand their need for right wing comments, dating back to the 1950s, and who cares what Piers Morgan thinks?

Those guys could both have chosen nicer outfits – I thought they were both a bit tasteless in their own ways.

Not the best advertising for cross dressers. Let’s show them how it’s done, girls!

Love Laura

Amanda Burton
      Participant

The light blue dress is cute but that orange thing is horrible.

Agree with you there Celeste.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Amanda Burton
      Participant

I can remember a gang of bricklayer in the news a while back that beat the ban of wearing shorts on site, by buying dresses and skirts,, to wear, and indeed did work in them, as the bosses could not discriminate against them for doing so. Way before Harry Stiles decided to wear one, and now the fashion industry is jumping on the band wagon. But it’s something already done by other.

Celeste Starre
      Participant
      Registered On: June 26, 2018
      Topics: 26
      Replies: 604

The light blue dress is cute but that orange thing is horrible.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.