• This topic has 14 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi All,

I thought I’d share a link to an interesting article i found and it might help inspire some.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8967177/Two-brave-men-recreate-Harry-Styles-controversial-Vogue-shoot-wearing-dresses-New-York-City.html

enjoy.

Charris

Anonymous

I can remember a gang of bricklayer in the news a while back that beat the ban of wearing shorts on site, by buying dresses and skirts,, to wear, and indeed did work in them, as the bosses could not discriminate against them for doing so. Way before Harry Stiles decided to wear one, and now the fashion industry is jumping on the band wagon. But it’s something already done by other.

Anonymous

[postquote quote=408693]
      Agree with you there Celeste.

The low cut front is not a great look, but otherwise he does not look any less of a man to me – even with the mask, his masculinity shows.

It’s the Daily Mail, so I understand their need for right wing comments, dating back to the 1950s, and who cares what Piers Morgan thinks?

Those guys could both have chosen nicer outfits – I thought they were both a bit tasteless in their own ways.

Not the best advertising for cross dressers. Let’s show them how it’s done, girls!

Love Laura

Gail Rich
      Lady

I agree that the orange dress was horrible. Bu the blue gown was over the top as well. Neither was really appropriate attire for walking on the street or taking the subway. They almost shouted that “I am only joking” and “I am not really into wearing a dress“. “ I am safe”. “This is a stunt and I have a camara following me”
      I don’t think it advances the idea of a man in a dress at all.

Anonymous

Sorry girls, but this sort of c##p makes me so angry….

morons like these are just not helping us at all…no attempt at femininity, just ” butch in a frock” which has been a standing joke and also an insult all my life. We will only ever be laughed at if these idiots are what people think genuine crossdressers are trying to achieve. I want to look feminine, pretty if poss and feel good, not look like a ” man in a gown”, do you think I have bought shares in Rimmel for no reason…haha

…Brit, you are spot on but I will add…put both dresses in the fire pit…with the morons inside them as well…..

sorry, I need a large JD on the rocks to cool me down…..

but this is just MY opinion, grace ❤️

Thanks for sharing Charris.

You have just made my day.

A huge leap forward for us, to just go for it if we feel it will not adversely impact on our relationship with our nearest and dearest.

I did touch on the fact to a girl at work about by femininity coming out on me, how Her reply ‘that’s so cool’! I was so happy at her response.

I am continuing to push Bianca out into the open bit by bit.

❤️B

Anonymous

[postquote quote=408771]
      👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏well said sweetie, this is  just the sort of negative publicity the press gives us when a celebrity attempts to be controversial on issues that they really do not understand. It sell magazines and hopefully a plus for the fashion industry, but destroys the hard work we put in to change public perceptions of us with silly stunts.

Anonymous

Here is thought from an article in the Saturday Daily Mail. It concerns sadly of the death of Jan  Morris, author, historian, travel writer.

Born James Morris and under went transition from Male to  female, when it was called a sex change in casablanca. She wrote all in autobiography in 1975,  Called Conundrum. She remained in love with the woman she had kids with and they stayed together. She started her transition back in 1964. Now  this is the role model that’s speaks for our communities, not stunts.

Our condolences to the family on their loss of an  inspirational human being.

Stevie65
      Lady

This did absolutley nothing for us CD’rs. First it was basically a set up. Media and all. Thirdly and more. This is NY. City. Any can and will happen. You can go dressed how ever you want and most people won’t bat an eyelash. Why did they not have a guy wear a proper dress or even a skirt and bra ect ect in a smaller town where this is not the norm and see what happens.

They say there is safety in certain areas where not much will happen but bring it out to smallville town. Rural communities. This is where people need their mind set changed to accept the Crossdresser or even just the guy who wants to wear a skirt or just a besutiful blouse…

I agree crossdressing needs to be more acceptable more info put out more guys dressing in the fem form so it is more noticed and accepting.

Until the media brings it more out in the open and portray that it is normal …society will go on looking down on us.

I for one see this article as good and bad. It was badly portrayed and yet it is good to get crossdressing out to the public.

Stevie.

Anonymous

That’s actually awesome. To shove it in peoples faces and force them to stand silent and accept it. I applaud that tactic. We won’t initiate any change by whispers, people only tend to respond to loud outbursts. Although I do feel that with Harry’s stance, he’s merely ‘playing around’ with it which is a lovely position to be in shrouded in unlimited resources and protective privilege …it must be nice, stir things up and not have to carry a burden of worry about peoples perceptions, to then swan off home to the safety of your gated community. All the same, a much needed hat-tip towards influencing some much-needed radical change.

To be fair, Sammy, the fashion faux past shown by those guys is enough to make anyone cross.

I believe in clothes freedom, but they’re taking the p***🤣

Love Laura

Anonymous

Well Stephanie I fully endorse what you  said, and I don’t think in any way you have insulted anyone. I under stand Samantha ‘s points too. But a staged stunt is not quite the same as a friend or man deciding to wear a dress because he likes to. But a man in a dress is nothing new, in some countries they are called robes, and in Asia, well you should see the ladyboy’ s shows. We all have a different perspective on what we see and how we interpret it. We live in countries of free speech, and may not always like what we read, but as adults on here many of us have total respect for each others posts, and I am sure no one deliberately sets out to offend or be offensive.

Anonymous

Stephanie!!!

Don’t you dare 🤐

xx

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?