Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I’ve just returned to dressing after a 20 year absence, and wow things have definitely changed! Among other things there is far better makeup advice out there, which I’ve tried to take full advantage of, and quite frankly I was very happy with the results. I came out to a very open minded female friend, showed her some photos and she exclaimed, “OMG, if you hadn’t told me I’d never have known that you weren’t a woman!” While that was great news, I also took it with a grain of salt since she could have been just trying to be nice. It did encourage me to to do more than just drive around in my car, so I chanced a visit to a nearby forest preserve for a maskless walk. Along the way I ran into a bit of a traffic jam; myself going one way, a lady dog walk going the other, and a couple joggers passing all of us so we paused and stepped off to the side to maintain social distancing from the joggers. I noticed that the woman dog walker was really looking at me, and with a smile! I smiled back and she exclaimed, “Oh I love your lipstick! I’ve never had the courage to wear red!” Without thinking I replied, “Oh thank you! I never thought that red would work for me either but then I tried it one day and here we are!” Amazingly she accepted my voice (which I have to admit is not very deep) and we ended up in an extended conversation about makeup and taking chances with lipstick, and all the while she never gave any indication that she knew I was a dresser, which I found really amazing! I was high as a kite afterwards and when I related the story to the friend I’d come out to she said, “I told you that you were passable, why didn’t you believe me!” Since then I’ve had a couple other public encounters which have really built up my confidence. Wow, this was really unexpected!

What a sheer joy it is to read your story Pamela. I can only imagine how much has changed in this regard in 20 years. Things are moving SO fast and its great your return has been met with such ease.

Especially since when I last engaged in dressing it was in Texas in the 90’s, not exactly a great time and place to be running around en femme. It also didn’t help that I was clueless about makeup and looked more like a kabuki dancer than a woman, LOL.

Terri
      Duchess

I loved your story Pamela.I have been going out on and off since the late 70s. Attitudes toward us has changed greatly over the years. It feels great to go out and be yourself. Today when I go out I really don’t care if I pass. I always dress appropriately for the setting. I remember years ago a saleswoman was helping me in a department store. She was very nice. After we completed the sale I asked her if she knew right away that I was a CD. She acted very confused and after I told her I was a man she was shocked. I never did that again. I have a masculine voice and I know as soon as I speak people know, but I really don’t care. I just enjoy the experience ofbeing me.
      Yours Terri

That’s wonderful, Pamela. It’s more inspiration for me. I tried red lipstick tonight and it didn’t go so well. Maybe it was the shade, maybe it was because it was liquid, maybe it was because it was my first time using lipstick ever. I don’t know but I’m going to pick out some new shades soon and I’ll try again.

Pamela

A fantastic story!  It also seems to be a running theme lately!  Courage and inspiration in all forms.

The positive energy builds and moves onto the next to be inspired!

Robyn ❤️😁

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

Wonderful story,  so happy for you… she may have or not recognize you but the excitement of experiencing having a conversation with the feelings of  complete confinance in being yourself,  that’s priceless….🌷

Reading such positive stories inspire us closeted ladies to “woman” up and show the world that we exist.

Dawn Wyvern
      Managing Ambassador

Hi Pamela

People in general are lovely all over the world – its the 1% that are the issue – so be proud and be yourself!

Lovely to hear positive stories and hope you can continue to enjoy getting out and about.

Hugs

Dawn

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?