Tagged: 

Viewing 34 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi all,

It just occurred to me that because the pandemic has prompted most states to have ordered the closing of all hair salons and barber shops for the next several weeks (at least until May 1 in Minnesota), a lot of people will be contending with hair that grows much longer than that to which they are accustomed.

For the typical guy in our culture this will be much more of a problem than it will be for the typical woman. Obviously, many guys will find some relative or friend to cut their hair. Others will try to cut their own hair. But still others will wait it out. Thus, longer than usual hair on men can be expected to become more common in the weeks ahead.

There is the saying that “in every crisis there is an opportunity.” The opportunity here would seem to be that men who have YEARNED for the freedom to grow womanly hair now have that chance. The stated or implicit excuse will be that all the stylists and barbers have been closed down. Hopefully, the pandemic will be controlled very soon. In any event, the period immediately ahead DOES present a unique opportunity to grow womanly hair!

Eve

Anonymous

Eve,
      My thoughts were running in much the same direction. I had decided in mid-December to let my hair grow, and by the time the virus hit us, I was rather unkempt-looking. ( I was about to say “shaggy-looking”, then realized the word has a different meaning to the UK girls). Hopefully, when normalcy returns, I will have enough hair for a stylist to work with…and who knows what will happen after that? My goal is to retire the wigs in favor of the real me, if I can obtain a presentable look. Time will tell.

Hugs,
      Bettylou

I have worn my hair relatively long (even as a boy) for quite some time. So, not really a change for me either …

Anonymous

I voted yes but well as you can see my hair is long already. Really it needs a cut to be styled so booo to them being shut.

K Swim
      Lady

My hair is so short in length that it will take an extremely long time to look womanly vs. a guy with shaggy hair.

I have pretty long hair but often get a trim around Easter.  With the salons closed it won’t affect me very much.

Alice

Anonymous

I’m slightly balding on top so need to wear a wig, if i did have all my own hair i would just let it grow as long as I could, it would be nice to have long hair and look like a woman x

Anonymous

I had long hair for years. It was getting almost long enough to do something with but I got it cut short literally the last day they were open so I could more comfortably wear a wig as my natural hair has gotten darker and is starting to grey

I have had to answer yes to your question, despite being surrounded by killer bugs and diseases hair will continue to grow.  Do I want it to grow the answer is no.

To try and style your own hair is impossible without having a decent feminine cut to start with, I prefer to keep my natural hair as short as possible as not only do wigs fit better but the velcro effect of the stubble stops my wigs from blowing off in a strong wind.

Sally xx

Anonymous

I voted yes but I have been growing my hair out for the past two and a half  years and I will continue to grow out. It is now about 18″ long . I just have to figure out how to style it

Kathleen

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Actually I was going to do this anyway.  Looking into maybe in a few months getting my hair styled in a way that could go either way.

My hair is below my shoulders all ready, with the lock down I think I will be sitting on it in the next 6 weeks

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

My hair is short.  It would take months for my hair to grow enough for a longer style.  I expect the salons will be open well before that happens.  But if I’m wrong and my hair got long enough, I’d have to stay under the radar somehow.  My government job has a pretty conservative dress code.  I’m sure they’ll relax things a bit until this passes, but flaunting long hair won’t work.

Emily

Though I normally get a short business type haircut in the spring, I am holding off until the barber shops are open again. I have had longer than shoulder length hair in high school and other times in my life. Only time I had to cut it was when I got old smelly 90 wt gear oil in it. That stuff does not come out.

One time I was standing on a street corner with my spring long hair, a lunch time walk from work, when an older gal drove by and stated, “I had to nice a hair for a man,”.

I cut it short during the summer because of my camping, ticks and other critters getting in it.

So, in answer to the question, no I cut my hair in the spring, has nothing to do with cd.

Anonymous

I already have womanly hair. It’s the roots that will be problematic. A friend mentioned that there is a movement to wear your roots as a badge that you are doing your part during El Covida….maybe not the thing pour moi.

But seeing the range of home blonding kits today reminded me of a scene from Mr. Mom.

Marianne
      Ambassador

I would love to grow my hair long enough to have it cut in a decidedly female style. However my wife do cut it whenever she finds it too long for her liking,  so it is not going to happen as long as I am not willing to jeopardise our marriage.

I used to have really long hair, as a rock/metal musician.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t look great with a tonsure, so I keep it shaved and Laura can choose a nice wig for each occasion!

Love Laura

I already have long hair to my shoulder blades but unfortunately there’s sparse spots on top. I would style and wear my own hair enfemme if it wasn’t for that. I do have a selection of wigs however…Stephanie

I’m in that awkward shaggy phase right now, too long for short hair and too short for long hair.  I started wearing barettes just to keep my bangs out of my eyes.

My man hair is straight and graying and thinning, and even with some imagination does not meet my ‘ideal’ for Timea Jane. Still trying to find that ideal wig, the one that, when I look in the mirror makes me say, “Yes! Baby, that’s you!”

Curiously enough, the last time I had my hair cut was in mid-November, and it was definitely getting to be time to make the time to get it cut. But now I’m not sure when I will go back – my wife grows her hair out to make wigs for cancer patients, and I’m thinking if anyone every asked that could be my answer. The only challenge is that it seems that my hair just gets bushier rather than longer, but I will wait things out and see where we are when the pandemic ends.

Aimee
      Lady

I did have my hair long for a while then I got a new job and well you al know the problem.  Now I’m out of work plus the pandemic. I’m growing it again

I soooo miss my long tightly curly hair

I had it in plaits, buns and ponies. Looked cute with a fringe (bangs)

Robin Snow
      Duchess

Absolutely grow out my hair.  I’ve been thinking about it for a while and this is the perfect opportunity.   It’s  been six months since my last haircut and my hair is at the bottom of my ears.  The back is getting long and I should probably get it trimmed.  It’s so much fun wear cute hair bands, and scarfs to keep my hair out of my eyes.

Robin

Patty Phose
      Duchess

When I was 17, I had taken on an androgynous look. I wore short shorts with pantyhose and platform wedges. I also often wore long shorts that looked like I was wearing a short dress. I used to go out often dressed like this. I also used to enjoy shopping in this attire, buying more pantyhose, short shorts and trying on shoes.

I also grew my hair longer. I thought that would make me look more femme. Then when I was 18 and got my own place, I went fully femme. One of the things I found was with my long hair, it was hard to tuck it under a wig. My wigs never fit right. I decided to cut my hair shorter. The wigs definitely fit better. So unless I decided to not wear wigs anymore, I will be keeping my hair shorter.

Anonymous

Sadly, I voted no. Mainly because of work. Down the road, I would love to grow my hair past my shoulders, have it styled, colored with highlights.

Truth is, my hair is already down to my belt. I just love it when my wife puts a nice French Braid in for me. My hands no longer work well behind my head. Just today she started at my right temple and brought the braid diagonal across to my left ear so that it hangs down over my breast on that side. She worked a thin pink ribbon into the weave and I just feel so pretty today.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Absolutely, I have been able to use the pandemic as a convenient excuse for my hair to grow,  and I love it!  Even though they reopened awhile ago, I’ve just went for one little trim.  Its still not long enough, but finally being able to feel it over my ears and neck again is great.

Even picked up some nice nutri-ox shampoo – apparently for hair growth. 😁

Stevie,

Yup exactly previously my hair was done up as a curly lady’s pageboy style. When my hairsalon reopened in July my hairstylist of 4+ years wasn’t able to return to work for medical reasons non COVID-19 related. So I had a new stylist who thahad been hired just b4 my last appointment in lmid January.  my hair by now was an uneven 1″ or 2″ above my shoulders as my salon shut down mid February. But instead of just trimming my brown hair to be even all around, with silver blond streaks, and  braded ponytail as I had asked for, she cut my hair to be a middle of ear length Curly pageboy, my previous length. No steaks. Apparently she was working from my regular stylist’s client notebook notes. I quess she used these notes to “trim” my hair.  Since my July appointment my hair ishas grown to about 1/2 below my ears.

Bummer…. my SOGGF wanted me to get a twin hairstyle of hers , with she had gotten a week b4 at same salon but done  a week b4 by a different hairstylist.  Sucks I was really looking forward to having streaks and a braded ponytail as requested by my SOGGF.

Got to run SOGGF says breakfast is ready.

Have had long hair off and on and now it hasnt been cut in 8 months. I enjoy styling it at home and back to wearing curlers and trying different styles including teasing it

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Eve, like Jin my hair is already below my breasts.  I haven’t had a haircut since I retired at the end of 2016 (wow has it been that long? time seems to fly by especially as you get older).  I love my hair and many ladies have complimented me by saying they wish they had hair like mine.  Mind you, it is getting quite gray on top but the ends are still my lovely natural auburn color.  I do have a couple of very nice wigs (from my days with short hair because of work).  I will hang on to the wigs; just in case. My wife, on the other hand, has wanted me to cut my hair, though she hasn’t bugged me about it for awhile now. As long as I put it in a pony tail and cover it with a hat while I am cooking supper, she seems okay.  If you have the chance (and the ability) to grow your hair long, go for it. It feels so much better than a wig.  Stay healthy, stay safe, All the Best, Hugs, Krista.

Best part of long hair too is you can it up and in so many styles. I adore the beehive look when going for a glamour look

I would love to grow my hair out, but sadly, genetics has dealt me with very little on top… so, even if my sides and back are grown out, I will still be wearing a wig (due to the lack of a proper top).  the upside… i think i look great as a redhead!

Anonymous

You should consider a demi-wig. Lots of GG’s with alopecia wear them and with various styles it will give you a flexibility that, even though I love my long copper locks, I don’t have.

Vanessa ?
      Lady

I haven’t had a “real” haircut (more than trimming off split ends and such) since 2015.  Even before I started dressing up, I never really liked how I looked with short hair, so the moment I had the chance to grow it out (and not need to cut it for school/work/etc. dress codes anymore) I let it grow and never looked back!

Sadly, my hairline is a bit further back than I’d like it to be these days and while I’m okay with that in guy-mode… I hate it when I’m Vanessa.   So I doubt I’d ever be able to go without wigs when dressed.  Unless I wore a hat that covered the hairline, or something like that, anyway.

I spent 2019 growing my hair out, but as it’s  gotten so thin I just gave myself a buzz cut at Christmas. Perhaps a quality wig is in my future…..

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?