Viewing 23 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi ladies

im thinking about buying an ankle bracelet or anklet to add to my collection. I’m wondering would you wear it over pantyhose (tights).

Thanks in advance

Rachel

I’ve never worn one Rachel
      Liz

Are you a dedicated follower of fashion or leader of the pack?

Do your own thing, honey – if it looks and feels good, do it!

Love Laura

I would advise you to read up on ankle bracelets and some of their meanings, and the symbolism of the decorations you might put on them.

Now if you stay at home while dressed, not much of a problem.  But if you go out clubbing with one, you could be sending the wrong invitation out to others.  Even the ankle you wear it on can have certain meanings.

Have fun with it, but be aware of hidden signals.

PaulaF

Hi Rachel, I only wear ankle bracelets when I’m not wearing tights. Either on top or under they seem to snag. Do whatever feels right for you! That’s one of the best things about being a girl! Cheers, Debbie Lynn

Rachel,

I have only one, and I’ve worn it over pantyhose successfully (meaning it didn’t snag lol), but more often I wear it on a bare leg.

I don’t wear it all that often, but there are times where I’m compelled by the look and feel – as you walk it reminds you that it is down there…which is a neat feeling.

Yeah, I too have read about all the various meanings and signals that they may convey, but apart from anything glaringly overt (in terms of charm symbols or actual letters that form words), I don’t believe wearing a plain anklet conveys anything in particular to 99% of the people out there…

Wear what make you feel like you Rachel!

Marcellette

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Rachel,

I have never worn one either, but thought the were very pretty on a girl. Oooh, more accessories to consider!

Hugs, Lara

Thank you so much for the replies really appreciate the help.

Rachel xx

Flower
      Princess

There is all kinds of ankle bracelets i have 6 of them but I’m looking for a sissy ankle bracelet in silver i know they have it in gold.

I wear them over my stockings, I found a great deal for an assortment on Amazon.

Debbie.

I wear mine over. Bought it at a hippie bead shop where the girls had to add to it for my larger ankles. It was fun lifting my dress for them to try it.

Hi Rachel ,

I haven’t worn one over hose but I have seen it and it looks very cute ,I would go for it .

I Love anklets.

Huggs Patty

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I love ankle bracelets. I would say wear it over your hose.

Hugs, Liara

Appreciate the cultural side of ankle bracelets and not sure about their meaning in other countries but here in the uk they can denote a swinger hot wife or in crossdressing spheres a hot crossdressing t-girl. I personally love the sparkle of them to draw attention to my ankle feet and heels and wear mine with a heart charm though I have seen lettering dangling there that leaves nothing to the imagination but each to their own.I think they are a nice accessory to have any always make me feel girly and special x

Rachel,Wear your ankle bracelet and be the woman you are.I believe Dale Earnhardt used to say “Lead, follow or get out of the way”.So girl,the message is clear,go for it and I wear mine over pantyhose or stockings.

Anonymous

IMHO, Dale had it wrong, though. If you’re not leading (and even then, sometimes) you’re in the way. 😉

I’ve never thought about wearing an anklet. Sounds cute, though. Might have to add one to the ensemble. To heck with what others think.

I had a girlfriend a few years ago that wore her anklet outside her panty hose. The problem was it was a leather strip and beads tied permanently around her ankle. In order to get the pantyhose on she would put one foot on then feed that leg, the panty and the other leg through the anklet. Once all pulled carefully through (no runs, no runs, please no runs!) straightened out and lined up she could put her other foot in and pull them up. This whole process could add another half hour to the process of getting dressed, usually making us late to wherever we were going.

You would expect that taking them off would be just as difficult but she just ripped them off (or I did, hehe).

My own style now is a double strand Native bead anklet that has enough give to stretch over my foot and lie loose on my ankle over my hose.

Beth

I also think it depends on the look you are after. Under is obviously less visible; you know it’s there but others might not. Over, and made of a shiny metal against black would be much more noticeable.

Sylvia
      Lady

Dear Rachel ,

I don’t have one but I would wear it over pantyhose.
      Maybe I would buy one in silver with a little hart and my Feminine name on it , but
      I would only wear it in Female mode of course !

Love Sylvia

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Sylvia.
      Sherri Cisneros
      Baroness

I have a few, and they look great over pantyhose!

When I am Wendy I always wear an ankle braclet.  I usually put it on the left ankle.  One day I may try both.

I read an article a while back that wearing ankle braclets over pantyhose/tights is a faux pas, but who cares, I’ve been wearing ankle braclets over my tights for a long time now, and I just love the look.

I bought a set of 3 from amazon that I really like, it is stainless steel and fits just perfectly.

I wear anklets on both ankles, over pantyhose, stockings or tights. Love the way they look. Several women have complimented me on them!

Anonymous

Over! Definitely over. I made my own out of a fine stainless steel chain and clasp. That way I can add whatever charms I want. I’ve been making necklaces with 6/0 Japanese beads and will make an ankle bracelet next!

Hugs, Lisa

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

Rachel,

Anklets are a beautiful effeminate accessory, and I wear them with virtually every outfit I put on, year-round.   They add to my hyper-feminine image, and yes, I do wear them over pantyhose in the cooler weather.  During the warmer months, when I wear sandals, I also wear two toe rings on each foot, along with an anklet on each ankle.

Hugs from Peggy Sue!

I have been on many anklet websites and all of them pretty much say to wear anklets on bare legs. I do not know if it’s because the anklets could catch a snag in pantyhose or leggings and ruin both the anklet and pantyhose/leggings. Just thought I would put that out there.

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?