• This topic has 21 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 15 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

One year ago, when I was newly “out” to my wife, I posted about going out with her for my birthday.   She  thinks it’s “wrong” for a man to wear a dress, so I was in stealth mode: underdressed, with a ladies’ tee, GV jeans and ladies’ sneakers.  I still had short hair, and my ears weren’t yet pierced.

This year, when asked what I wanted for my birthday, I requested (and received)  approval to spend the day Dressed.  The celebration went well, though not as planned.  My wife still won’t go out in public with Bettylou, and our lunch date was also her first time out of the house since having open-heart surgery in February.  So I went out in drab, and delayed Bettylou until Sunday.

Up early Sunday morning, painted my nails and did the morning chores; then it was Dress time!  First, shapewear and forms, then a new pair of thigh-highs, black Mary Jane heels, and finally my new dress, bought for the occasion.  Topped off with makeup, earrings, a pearl necklace and some jewelry, and Bettylou has a dream fulfilled!  At noon, I served us lunch, in all of me femme glory, and despite her many objections to me wearing a dress, my wife’s only comment was a question about my MJs being comfortable to wear.  She had ample opportunity to look, because after lunch, she asked me to paint her nails for her, which I did.  When Cinderella finally had to change back into a pumpkin, around 11 pm,  I counted it as a glorious day, and perhaps my best birthday, ever.

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

So wonderful to hear your birthday experience, Bettylou.  Hopefully time and seeing how dressing up makes you sooooo happy will help tour wife to lighten up on her reluctance to let Bettylou be Bettylou.

Sandy

Hi Bettylou.

Happy belated Birthday🎂

You are such a considerate spouse.

I am so glad you got your birthday wish.

Thank you for sharing a part of your life.

Patty

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

Beautiful birthday and a wonderful day for sure. Only if it would last. Hopefully in time things may become easier for bettylou to be herself through your wife’s eyes. 🌷

Anonymous

That’s my dream, Stephanie.

Anonymous

Congratulations on your wonderful birthday celebration, Bettylou.

Seren
      Baroness

This is so beautiful, thanks for sharing Betty Lou xx

Krista
      Duchess

Fantastic story Bettylou!  Congratulations on your wonderful dream birthday. My wife also doesn’t like seeing me in a dress or skirt (although I do get away with some feminine items on a daily basis). I did think about telling her that’s what I wanted for my recent 66th birthday but I chickened out. Maybe next year?  Her big worry is that our daughter & granddaughters who live less than 10 minutes away will drop by unexpected and she doesn’t want them to know about Krista.  I’m happy that it worked out so well for You.  Stay healthy, stay safe, All the Best, Krista.

Hi Bettylou,

A lovely birthday celebration!  Thanks for sharing a happy story.

Alice

Anonymous

Thank you, Krista,

My situation is somewhat similar to yours; when I asked my wife to set the boundaries, she had only two:  No dresses – but skirts are OK, and I wear them routinely -, and keep Bettylou secret from our kids and her friends.  Two of ours also live nearby, but seldom visit.  I did once have to  kick off my ballet flats and do a panic change from skirt to jeans.
      Do make that request next year;  you will regret it if you let it pass.

Hugs,

Bettylou

A glorious day, indeed, Bettylou! You are the envy of all birthday girls, made possible by a sensational, understanding wife. I hope someday soon you’ll be able to go out in public with your wife, as Bettylou, just two mature ladies out having an intimate dinner. Heaven on earth.

Anonymous

Camryn Occasionel wrote:

“I hope someday soon you’ll be able to go out in public with your wife, as Bettylou, just two mature ladies out having an intimate dinner. Heaven on earth.”

Thank you, Camryn,  That’s my dream.

Hugs,

Bettylou

Happy Birthday Bettylou sounds you had a great day able to be yourself for the whole day ,something I would love to be able to do ,but when I don’t know ,but one can always dream .  Michelle  xx

Happy Birthday Bettylou!!! Thank you for sharing such a wonderful celebration.

Love, Stephanie ❤️

Happy Birthday Bettylou!

I am very happy for you to have such a wonderful day!

Hugs

Autumn

Anonymous

Thank you, Autumn,

It was  a wonderful day.

Molly
      Duchess

Betty Lou;

I’m so happy for you and just love the hope this gives the rest of us with wives that are still working out how much they feel comfortable with.

I also very happy to hear that your wife is doing well from open heart surgery

-Molly

Anonymous

Thank you, Molly.  Her comment, the first time she saw me Dressed was not complimentary; but now, she will tell me I look nice, and even ask for the same item in her size.  We still have a bit to go, but life is good.

Hugs,

Bettylou

Happy Belated Birthday, Bettylou.

I’ve been waiting to hear this story from you, thanks for sharing the event. Congrats on finally receiving your birthday wish. What a difference a year makes. I hope there are many more for you to experience.

Best wishes, your CDH friend and sister; Brittney Andrews.

Anonymous

Huggs bettylou….belated birthday wishes from the UK….love your story and I am delighted you had the birthday you dreamed of xx..what on earth will you get up to next birthday????….we will watch this space….warm wishes.  Grace xx

Anonymous

Thank you, Grace;  hopefully, I will be writing about a wonderful Girls’ Day Out.

Anonymous

Thank you, Sammy;  upward and onward we go!

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?