Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Yesterday I made what I consider another bold move.

Just for curiosity I visited a small specialty store called Catherines, because they sold only plus size women’s apparel .

i walked in and wandered around the little store  inspecting  their goods, waiting for woman who worked there to finish up with a customer. When the customer left she asked me if I needed help, .so I approached her and boldly said “I’m interested in buying a dress FOR ME”, then I came out and revealed to her I was a crossdresser. To my surprise she accepted me right off the bat

Now you have to know before this move I was either buying dresses online or from big department store chains like Target or Walmart that did not exclusively deal with women’s apparel only,  so basically the clerks at those stores were not any the wiser about my purchasing a dress or other female attire.

So, what I’m trying to say, I decided to buy a dress from a real  women’s clothing store. And guess what, I did.

So I bought a real pretty (part of  their exclusive  “CURVY COLLECTION”) avocado colored drape front dress that caught my eye , and boy, do I love it!

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

P.S. :

The woman wants me to be a regular customer in the future, and I assured her, I will!

Anonymous

Evita,

It’s so cool that you were able to shop without hiding your motives.  It’s liberating, isn’t it?  Congratulations.

Hugs,

Sally

Anonymous

I myself found that shopping at Catherine’s is great I was treated like another woman on one visit I took my breast forms with me and was fitted with the right size bra and then several dresses I would try one on and then come out for all the ladies at store to help me find what dresses looked best for me I will be going back soon

Well done!  I love Catherine’s, and Lane Bryant, as well.

Thank you for posting! That’s great info. Oh and You keep rocking it girl!

Anonymous

A tale of “open acceptance.”

Omg. Congratulations.   I did the exact same thing but at Lane Bryant and dress barn and there were fabulous and so understanding.  Congrats my dear

Anonymous

Jamies, I have had the same type of experiance. That tells me alot about the training of their SA’s

It is such a joy to shop in person. 7Now they offer a style event on a Saturday. I Will be going to that. After all, “it is where they know my name”. 😉

Evita!!!  Well, well, well! We are becoming just the babe around town now. Love it girls….you are living your dream.  More Power to you.

Lady Veronica

Anonymous

Hi Evita, your post was so refreshing to read. Your ezperiances are wonderful to hear. Congratulations to you for being brave enough to make that bold move. I’ll bet that dress was even more special because of the leap you made. I have been going to Catherine’s for just over a year. All the SA are absolutely welcoming. Yes they want our business, but they go beyond to help all of their clients feel at home and welome. Make sure you mention them on Yelp… I created a Yelp account in my Fem name for this.  My very best to you Evita. Many pleasent shopping experiances in you future.  XO

Jessica
      Lady

Wow, you are my hero. That is super.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?