• This topic has 15 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Today I went to the Department of Motor Vehicles to get a new driver’s license. I had a really old picture since they don’t have you get a new picture every time anymore when you renew on line. Virginia also made it easy to change your gender on you dl, no longer requiring a doctor’s note witnessed in red ink by seven dwarfs and a hobbit. I dressed in a nice pair of femme jeans, a paisley top (it’s actually men’s but looks like a blouse), my new red wig (see profile pic), and a pair of large black hoop earrings, carrying a backpack purse. Also wore my favorite lace up ankle booties with a three and a half inch heel. No makeup other than eyebrows. I was addressed a ma’am upon entry, strode up to the starting kiosk and told the girl there that I was there to change the gender on my license. Got the form and filled it out as non binary, was called up to the front and was asked how can I help you ma’am? Made me warm inside. No questions asked, made the change, took a new pic, and got a pair to use until the new license comes in the mail. The paper, instead of M or F has X, for trans I guess. Not sure what the dl will have on it, but I’ll find out in a few days.

Bridgette

Angela Booth
      Hostess

How cool is that Bridgette. I haven’t got a picture licence as yet. If I were to get stopped it’s all accessible on the officers gadget. It would show my male name but I am not fussed. I will be due to change my licence in five years time so will see how it pans out when I have to apply.

Krista
      Duchess

Good for You, Bridgette, that’s a big step.  My driver’s license is up for renewal next year so I checked what the requirements are in my province for changing the gender on my ID.  As you say, no approvals by  dwarves or a hobbit are necessary, thank goodness.  Something to think about.  Take care, have a lovely weekend, Hugs, Krista.

I just felt it was time. I feel like it’s sort of an official acknowledgement of who I identify as.

Bridgette

Barb Wire
      Lady

Many Congrats, Bridgette!

I’m looking forward to my new driver’s licence photo. My current photo has me with very short and dark hair. Oh, how I have aged!

On my next pic my “platinum-blonde” hair will extend beyond the photo and I’ll also be wearing my mascara!

Even looking forward to getting pulled-over, “Ahh, Misssss… Barb? You were over the limit a bit, but I think a little warning is fine. Have a good day!”

🚔 Barb

Hahaha, good luck with that, lol! I was going to wait until next time, but I said why wait? I wouldn’t want them to change the rules again before I got the chance.

Bridgette

Anonymous

All good news, Bridgette

Does this mean you will be known as ‘ Madam X “???

Grace xx

Peta Mari
      Lady

[postquote quote=568955]
      😂🤣😃😄😃🤣😂

Congratulations Bridgette!

Alice

Well done Ms X! And the new hair suits you very nicely. You’ll get “ma’am-ed” all day long with that look. You are hitting your stride girl. Very happy for you.
      C❤️

Well done Ma’am X, or Bridgette!
      A big step forward indeed.
      Love and hugs from Ma’am Stephanie 💖

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

Congratulations Bridgette. A big step for you and for the many who will also do what feels right. I’m looking to when it comes time as up here in Canada were finally waking up to these promising changes too.. 🌷

Anonymous

Would that every state was so open. Xing over to the other side. Congrats, Bridgette!

Much love,
      Raquel

In the last year or two Virginia passed a whole raft of measures to protect transgender persons’ rights (protection from such as eviction, denial of loans or insurance, made changing your state issued ID easier, etc), but this week the whole state government swung the other way, so who knows what they’ll do? I felt I needed to get it done before they made any changes.

Bridgette

Anonymous

You should live in Alabama.  Wait, maybe you shouldn’t. 🤣

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

So happy for you.

Hugs, Liara

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?