Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

Last Sunday, I did something that I never felt like I would find the courage to do. I finally came out to my parents as a transwoman on their visit to my home. We had a lovely lunch and sat around the table catching up with them. It had been the first time that Gwenn and I had seen them since the holidays so it was a long overdue get together. We talked about family, our health, the state of the world, and somehow I was able to slip into the conversation. It felt great to finally tell them something that I have been trying to for so long. I had hoped it would have happened before holidays but life kept getting in the way. There were tears, confusion, but more importantly they both said that their love was unconditional and that I need to feel free to be me. I also got clarity on the day I was caught as a kid. My mom told her side of what happened and it brought a sense of closure to something that has haunted me for 40 years. They both are going to need time to wrap their heads around it and hopefully be able to eventually call me Michelle but I think it will happen. And here I am almost 52 moving in the right direction to find peace within.

Michelle,

While unconditional love is probably the most common reaction, we are always worried about being the exception to the rule.  I’m glad everything worked out.

That’s wonderful Michelle!
      I’m so happy for you, and that it all worked out.
      Love and hugs from Stephanie 💖

Anonymous

Congratulations, Michelle. With a supportive SO, and now family that know and “are moving in the right direction”, you seem to be in a good place. I’m very happy for you.

Much love,
      Raquel

Anonymous
      Lady

Hi Michelle.

Great to hear your parents are supportive. I know it wasn’t easy coming out to such important people but you’ve crossed the Rubicon now and there is no going back. The road gets more and more exciting now as you bring Michelle to life 24/7 in all aspects of your daily life. Please keep us informed. We all support and envy you.

Michelle

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

So wonderful, thanks for sharing.

Hugs, Liara

Angela Booth
      Hostess

That’s lovely Michelle. and so is your wife for supporting you and parents for the love they have for you. You are one lucky girl.

Anonymous

I am glad that you were able to have a constructive and ultimately supportive conversation with your parents. I cn only imagine how much courage it took to say the words!

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

Congrats to both you and Gwenn, Michelle. I hope this also helps you to be out and about in your town so next time I visit y’all which I hope can be soon) we can all three go out together!
      Cyn

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?