Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Emily
      Lady

I decided that today was a good day for some shopping. I needed a few household items and a few personal items. So, I get dressed and head to Walmart. Nothing too fancy for clothes. A black and grey striped maxi skirt, a sage green cable knit sweater with a hood,  gray suede low heel boots, and of course the  obligatory makeup, wig, breast forms, etc. I found everything I needed (and more) and headed for the self check out. I had received a gift card from a friend a while ago and decided that my purchase of makeup and nail polish would be a great opportunity to use it. I slid my card through the machine a number of times and it just wouldn’t work! I caught the attention of a clerk and asked for help, even though I often try to avoid interaction closely with people when I’m out dressed. She came over and tried to make it work to no avail. She took my card and unpaid receipt and headed for the service desk. I still had all my grocery items to pay for with my regular card, so I did that, and waited, and waited for her to return. I finally made my way to the service desk to find that she had involved 2 other staff members in trying to resolve my issue. All the while, I’m getting a bit uncomfortable just standing there. One of the clerks asked the original one what the problem was and she replied “ we’re just trying to make her gift card work.” Yes, HER gift card. Anyway long story short, it got resolved and I left the store a happy lady. I had more than my share of people interactions while waiting, and nobody looked at me twice.
      The moral of the story is, more than likely the only one who sees us a just a “ man dressed as a woman” is us. Being confident about who you are is one of the keys to enjoying being out enfemme.
      BTW, I stopped at a local thrift store on the way home. Picked up some great items at bargain prices (a knit infinity scarf, new with tags marked $11.99 for $2) and got addressed as ma’am. Made my heart happy!

Feels great, doesn’t it?

Lovely story – a great day of being out en femme! Good for you! I think you’re right that we are the ones preoccupied with how others will see us. If we just be ourselves and don’t overplay the part (garish makeup and outfit), we should be fine.

Hugs,
      Fredrika

Glad you enjoyed your day out and managed to stock up.
      Congratulations girl
      Elizabeth

Emily, so happy for you that I am smiling – both in my heart and on my face.

The thought on my mind. “I’m going to do that one day.” “Yes!” “I!” “am!”

Thanks for the encouragement Emily.

Hugs,

Charlene

Anonymous
      Lady

Thanks for sharing. Every success story inspires us to do more and we CAN do it.

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

So happy for you. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs, Liara

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?