- February 25, 2021 at 6:20 am #453600Katey DoeParticipantRegistered On: February 3, 2021Topics: 35Replies: 637Has thanked: 1539 timesBeen thanked: 1834 times
Just another update on my shopping experience. I took the advice of some of you and departed my home area and went to another town for my shopping. I picked up some nylons and lipstick (small items I know). This is so exciting for me. I’m starting to feel a little more comfortable.
I know these are only small items but for me this is big steps. I’m finally going out there and getting Katey her lady needs. Soon I will be moving up to Bras and more undies.
Thank you to all of you for supporting me. I truly love CDH. BIG HUGS Katey
Total of 26 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- February 27, 2021 at 4:43 am #454662Tonya LerenLadyRegistered On: January 5, 2021Topics: 23Replies: 215Has thanked: 546 timesBeen thanked: 1038 times
- February 27, 2021 at 4:46 am #454666
- February 27, 2021 at 2:37 am #454598Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 13Replies: 1029Has thanked: 13071 timesBeen thanked: 4059 times
- February 27, 2021 at 3:30 am #454624
- February 25, 2021 at 1:03 pm #453785Sandy JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 20Replies: 451Has thanked: 919 timesBeen thanked: 2008 times
- February 25, 2021 at 2:49 pm #453826
- February 25, 2021 at 12:57 pm #453780Stephanie ScottLadyRegistered On: February 8, 2021Topics: 18Replies: 246Has thanked: 706 timesBeen thanked: 1298 times
This is so awesome (especially since I was one who threw a note in the suggestion box! Lol).
The first time I did that, I just walked into the store, which was empty because there was only about 45 minutes left until closing on a weeknight. And I just came out and told them, “hey, I’m a crossdresser but not very experienced and I could use some help!” Oh my gosh, I felt like Princess Diana. The 2 clerks fell all over themselves helping me. The fitted me for a bra, coordinated outfits, found me matching light blue panties and a lacy bra, some cute ballet flats with a bow, a very feminine top and a soft denim skirt that I swear is (was — it got purged in the great purge of 2009) by far THE most comfortable article of clothing I ever wore.
The beautiful part of it was that when you just come out and say what you are and what you’re doing, there is absolutely nothing to hide anymore! No reason for fear or secrecy. I’m telling yo: it makes these girls’ days who are the clerks. They have an absolute ball! Now you might have trouble if you wanted to circle back and flirt with/date one of them, but being married myself I could not care less.
That whole experience was AMAZING. And it sounds like you’re on the road! Lol. Keep it up!
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Stephanie Scott.
- February 25, 2021 at 12:49 pm #453778Sarah Du HessisseLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2020Topics: 20Replies: 432Has thanked: 2242 timesBeen thanked: 1592 times
- February 25, 2021 at 9:56 am #453707Olivia LivinLadyRegistered On: October 22, 2018Topics: 47Replies: 1605Has thanked: 7911 timesBeen thanked: 4226 times
- February 25, 2021 at 9:43 am #453698Jamie PeridotLadyRegistered On: February 19, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 190Has thanked: 1128 timesBeen thanked: 552 times
- February 25, 2021 at 9:47 am #453701
- February 25, 2021 at 9:08 am #453687Rozalyne RichardsLadyRegistered On: March 10, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 532Has thanked: 971 timesBeen thanked: 1807 times
Small steps Katey small steps, one day at a time soon the steps will get bigger your confidence will grow and you will wonder what all the fuss was about this is the 21st century not the 1950’s people are more tolerant now xxxxx
Hugs Rozalyne x
- February 25, 2021 at 9:46 am #453700
- February 25, 2021 at 7:53 am #453648Lanna BartonLadyRegistered On: May 25, 2017Topics: 10Replies: 465Has thanked: 1453 timesBeen thanked: 612 times
Confidence comes with time. It took me a while to gain it. But, once you have it there’s no stopping. I shop locally now and no one even bats an eye. I’m treated like on of the girls! It’s an exhilarating experience to say the least. Glad to see your starting with small steps. The big ones are not far away.
Love and hugs,
- February 25, 2021 at 9:02 am #453684
- February 25, 2021 at 7:44 am #453644Alice UnderwireLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 25Replies: 2988Has thanked: 2612 timesBeen thanked: 6215 times
- February 25, 2021 at 7:48 am #453646
- February 25, 2021 at 7:02 am #453618Effie FulkDuchessRegistered On: February 7, 2021Topics: 21Replies: 540Has thanked: 1125 timesBeen thanked: 1731 times
- February 25, 2021 at 7:10 am #453622Katey DoeLadyRegistered On: February 3, 2021Topics: 35Replies: 637Has thanked: 1539 timesBeen thanked: 1834 times
- February 25, 2021 at 6:35 am #453608GenevïéveLadyRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 26Replies: 1041Has thanked: 9058 timesBeen thanked: 4290 times
- February 25, 2021 at 6:58 am #453616
- February 25, 2021 at 6:30 am #453606Sandy HoneyLadyRegistered On: February 24, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 142Has thanked: 84 timesBeen thanked: 658 times
Small steps lead to giant leaps! I remember my first real time out dressed. I was shaking in my panties but soon realized no one noticed or cared. They are in their own little world and barely have time for themselves much less me. I started slowly just like you but now going out is like breathing, it just happens.
- February 25, 2021 at 6:56 am #453612
- February 25, 2021 at 6:28 am #453605Lanna BartonLadyRegistered On: May 25, 2017Topics: 10Replies: 465Has thanked: 1453 timesBeen thanked: 612 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.