Viewing 4 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I’ve been struggling with my body image issues for years. About 10 years ago, I lost about 60 pounds over about a year by working out three times a week and eating right. I kept it off for a long time. About seven years ago, my disabled son was born and we basically lived at the hospital for his first six months. I spent a lot of money at the local Starbucks and stress eating. I was sedentary, ate my anxiety, and put on weight.

For the last three years, I have been working my ass off to lose it again. Now that I’m older, it’s much, much harder. Regular weight lifting with a trainer, Pilates, yoga, and hitting my 10,000 steps. I’ve been eating super clean, working with a nutritionist, no sugar, no fast food, lots of protein, calorie counting, and intermittent fasting. I’ve also been taking testosterone, ironically, as my estrogen was too high.

I dropped from a pants size 40 to a 34 and changed up my body fat ratio quite a bit. But, I still have a good sized tummy. It feels like nothing I do is shrinking it down. I hate the way I look in the mirror. It especially bothers me when I dress en femme. My waist is quite a bit larger than my hips and I hate it.

I feel like my hard work and effort is being wasted at this point and I’m at my wits end. So I’ve been considering getting plastic surgery out of sheer frustration. I scheduled a consultation with a local clinic for next week.

I’m looking for advice or feedback from anyone that’s done lipo, cool sculpting, or similar. What was your experience? Was it worth it? Would you do it again?

Thanks to everyone!

Sorry Kristen l have much the same problem (but I still like eating all my old favorites) however I have absolutely no experience with any type of procedure that helps in this! I do hope you can find something! – Blessings from Teralynn

Debbie J
      Lady

No experience with plastic surgery, but for weight loss I can recommend Keto-type diets. There are things I miss being able to eat, but my wife is an amazing cook and able to whip up even tasty deserts which are very low carb. The only thing that I would warn about is that you cannot cheat on a low-carb diet. You go on an induction phase of about two weeks which resets your body chemistry to burn body fat. If you say to yourself “I’m just gonna blow the diet today, but I’ll go back to it tomorrow” then you cancel that reset, and you need to do the 2 week induction again.

Sutekina
      Lady

Running. If running is not your thing, try Couch25k app. That and situps. But I just do that (running) and I’m good.

I ran with a coach for about six of the good twelve months here in Seattle last year. I did four 5Ks last year. It didn’t really move the needle.

I want to be clear, that I work out at least five times a week. When I say work out, I mean 20 mins of cardio (treadmill, stairs, etc.), and then alternating days weight lifting with a trainer or HIIT style activity. I also to Pilates twice a week and yoga once a week.

This has gotten me a long way but I plateaued about 12 months ago. And nothing I seem to do now moves me forward. I’ve shaken it up by doing Keto for about four months at the end of the year and IF 16:8 for the last six.

Everything I eat is organic and made from scratch at home. My diet is supervised by a nutritionist. I basically live in my InstantPot. I haven’t had red meat in about a decade.

My problem is I feel like I’m spinning my wheels at this point and it’s just so frustrating. I feel defeated. Like, why am I doing this to myself if I see no results?

Kristen darling if doing all that and making no progress is not only frustrating you but also depressing, making you irritable and sad then perhaps you become a little more comfortable with a trade off! Accepting your body as it is now and enjoying some of the things that you have been denying yourself that you really enjoy! As we get older our body’s metabolism slows down and it gets harder and harder to maintain our ideal size, shape and weight! I will choose health and happiness over continuous struggle to maintain a certain look any day! But that is just me and we all have to make our own decisions. I just hope yours doesn’t cost you a pile of money and countless hours of working out only to get less than desired results! – Blessings from Teralynn

No advice for you, dear, but I’ll give you a virtual hug. Try not to be discouraged. You’re doing what you need to and if it isn’t giving you the results you want I’m sure it’s giving you other rewards you just can’t see right now.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?