• This topic has 37 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi girls, are any of you in or near central NC? I would luv to have someone who is experienced in makeup to help me out, I’m scared I will mess it all up..I don’t expect anyone to meet with me on the fly ( and I wouldnt do that either)…but get to know each other some first.. but I need help. I can try on my own and may have to, but thought I would ask!

effie

Anonymous

Effie we all mess up trying to apply makeup.

You will make mistakes.

We all do.

If you can I would suggest a MAC cosmetics tutorial. They believe makeup is for everyone and the tutorial is done in private.

Jecca Blac that advertises on this site has some tutorials.

En Femme that advertises on this site also has some tutorials.

Hugs

Jessica

Anonymous

Thank you, will look into those… I’m just paranoid I guess..

Anonymous

Effie we have all been there.

Makeup should be fun and and way to express your fem side.

But it can be daunting and overwhelming.

Sephora says it has 3500 shades of lipstick. No wonder we look like a deer in headlights.

Take small steps and you will be fine.

Reach out if you need help.

Jessica

Hi Effie, this is Brittney again. While Jessica suggested MAC, I’d suggest Sephora or Ulta Beauty; both are very accepting of ladies like us. I had a full make-up application done in July 2019 at an Ulta and even went in in drab.

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

Not in NC, I’m in California SF Bay area. Just wanted to say that I wish that I could help. I know what you’re goin through.

I am FAR from experienced, by having a buddy to practice with can make all the difference.

Good luck finding someone local dear.

Hugs,

Rayna

Anonymous

Thank you Rayna, I am a determined girl.. it will get worked out over time as everything else has!

Rayna Carlian
          Duchess

That’s the spirit!! Great attitude girl!!

All of the girls are right though, take a class, watch the vids, and practice, practice, practice…

You’ll have it nailed in no time…

hugs

Rayna

Not “near” you but 175 miles away and a complete makeup virgin so wouldn’t be much help. Good luck with your endeavours.

Anonymous

Thank you Michaela, you look beautiful, I haven’t even started on the makeup part.. have a kit coming In later this week.

hugs!

Hello Effie. Seeing that you’re from North Carolina, if you’re able to travel to Asheville; I have a suggestion for you. There’s a lady by the name of Jennifer Barge, she’s a CD and LGBTQ+ advocate and she does professional makeovers and make-up lessons. She also offers a rental cabin that you can stay in and be en fem for a night, weekend, or entire week. She has her own website as she isn’t associated with CDH.

Her website is jmbtransformations.com.

Anonymous

Thank you Brittney! Asheville is about 2.5 hours from me, if I could get away without the wife knowing I may look into this!

❤️

Not in your area, but that girl in Asheville sounds like a great way to go. Like the other girls said, what you want is practice. My wife gave me my first lessons, then we started watching you tube, and we both learned a lot. We often talk to each other now about new colors or techniques.

Bridgette

Anonymous

Thank you Bridgette! Yes I am going to need someone to sit down with me and teach me, I I am better at being taught than teaching myself !
        ❤️

Hi Effie! I’m in Ellerbe NC but since I have a full beard I don’t really do makeup. Occasionally I’ll do my eyes, but I really only fully dress at home but underdress all the time. I wear the occasional skirt around the farm in the summer and just started wearing lippy in lieu of lip balm. Today was Maybelline violet vixen 830 😀

Patti 🥰

Anonymous

Hey Patti! Wow you are only an hour and a half away from me.. nice to meet you, if you have any eye makeup advise, I’m all ears ( or should I say, I’m all eyes 🤣). Maybe we can meet up one day and do our eyes! ❤️

Hi Effie! En Femme advertises on this site and they have a few make up tutorial videos including one on eye make up. I watched it and a few you tube videos before I tried mine for the first time. The En Femme video kept it relatively simple (not necessarily easy 😉😂). Hugs!

Anonymous

Thanks Jamie! I will definitely check it out!

Gwyneth
      Lady

I’m still a ways away. Like another here I would be a rank amateur with makeup – emphasis on rank. I’m in the Gatlinburg, TN area just over the NC line. I’m wondering if a business model is being missed in this vacation area. A CD/TG store including a makeover session. Queen for a Day if you will.

Anonymous

sounds good to me Gwyneth! We do need local stores for us girls ! ❤️

I grew up in Knoxville, so I know that area well. It’s hard to believe that there’s any tourist opportunity that’s been missed in Sevier County. Lol!

Bridgette

Gwyneth
          Lady

You understand how this one could be missed!

Yeah, honestly hard to picture that being around back when I lived there, I’ve been gone 35 years now. Hard to picture it now, for that matter. Beautiful place to live though.

Bridgette

Gwyneth
            Lady

I have seen a few CDs on the sidewalks of G’burg. I’m sure there are some I’m missing. I’ve noticed some lesbian women walking around. Nothing like this was possible just 10 years ago. Things are changing.

That’s wonderful. I reckon things are changing everywhere, slowly.

Bridgette

Click on Social in the menu and then Member Directory. That will take you to the search utility…

Anonymous

Thank you DeeAnn! I’m still learning my way around this wonderful site.. any tips are appreciated! ❤️

Feel free to ask any questions you like. There’s a lot on the site, but some of it is a bit obscure.

By the way, I’ve been to Winston-Salem. I spent nearly all of 2012 in Wilmington. I worked for Corning, Inc. and had an assignment in our fiber optics plant there. One weekend I went over to Winston-Salem to watch the modifieds run at The Mad House, Bowman-Gray Stadium. GREAT Fun!

Anonymous

Oh yeah!!! Good Ol bowman gray stadium!! I had a lawyer friend that ran a modified car there, you probably saw his car..

Back in 2005 I drove one at Thompson, CT. It’s a 5/8 mile high banked track; completely opposite end of the spectrum from The Mad House. Fantastic experience! It feels like your butt is almost on the pavement. You’ve got ~600hp and lots of rubber. What a blast!

Anonymous

Sounds fun! I have been mud boggin before but not a race car!

❤️

Well, I have this Need For Speed. My wife says that I am the only person that she knows who has to slow down to get on an expressway.

I resemble that remark…

Anonymous

I’m a little farther away (Roanoke, VA), but not too far.

Anonymous

You’re only about 3 hours away!

🎀

Anonymous

Depending on traffic. Though I rarely make my way down there if ever.

Hi Effie;

I, as I’m sure all of us have been there, feel your anxiety towards learning makeup. I’ve just bought a few things of my own this week. I started with the lips because if felt that would be the quickest to learn and practice. I picked a really crappy lipstick color but I think I’ve got the liner and stick kind of down. Next I’m going to start slow with eyes and go simple with just liner and mascara that I ordered today. After I figure that out I’ve got a shadow pallet and brush set on my amazon wish list to get next. I feel like a giddy teenage girl trying to figure this out just like they would with the exception of having that other girl to practice with nor the girl who rebelled and started 2 years before anyone else to ask. One step at a time for me 💄.

Hugs Amelia 🎀

Anonymous

Hi Amelia! 🎀

I have gotten some practice in since first posting . I feel like I have the eye makeup about right and finding my color… and getting the swoops, or cattails correct, off the outer corner of my eye.. And luckily I have met a local girl who is mentoring me and giving me lots of support and encouragement! 🌺🧚🏼

Enjoy your makeup Amelia, it’s so fun and you will find your perfect vibe!

💖🌸❣️

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?