Viewing 18 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Outside of dressing, music is one of my biggest passions. I was just curious if there were other girls that like to collect and listen to vinyl?

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I have a collection in the hundreds but I don’t consider myself a “collector”.  I haven’t listened to my vinyl since my turntable died many years ago.  One of these days I’ll buy a new one.

Just keep a look out on Facebook book. I found a great deal on the one I have now. I am in a waiting period for a new needle/cartridge because someone got my debt card info. The one that came with it is awesome though.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

No and Yes.  I would not say I collect them anymore, but I do still have my old collection that I listen to regularly on my 40 year old JVC/Sansui system – and I love it!

Wish I would have kept all my albums ( I sold/gave many away over the years), probably no more that a hundred left now… ☹

Stevie

Never got rid of any of my vinyl, and as friends gave up on turntables, they gave me their records. probably have 500 or more albums plus a few hundred 45sjust don’t get enough time to play them as much as I’d like.

Anonymous
      Lady

I don’t collect but like others I still have all my records in a big steam trunk. Still have my old turntable and Marantz unit

Like many others here, I still have a pile of vinyl.  I don’t listen to the LP’s as much but love to look and frame the artwork.  Now the 45’s are a different story.  I have a Seeburg Stereo Jukebox filled with 45’s from the 50’s 60’s and 70’s.  All great hits and total bar and rock music.  It’s like living over your favorite hangout.  Oh, and there’s always cold beer in the fridge too!

Party on,  Marg

Anonymous
        Lady

Marg….. a jukebox and beer in the frig??… we should all come over to your house! LOL

Sure Michelle, All you have to do is make it to Wisconsin and promise to be fun.  But now everybody complains that the music is old, too loud, too scratchy, or there are no frozen margaritas and then worst of all, they just fall asleep by ten o’clock .  Otherwise I’ll see you at Diva Las Vegas in October and we can recreate the aura.  There’s been almost 40 years of memorable  parties here, and now the bistro is moving at the end of the year to our son’s home where he will continue frivolities with his 30 somethings.  The Jukebox goes with the condition that he has to keep 95% of the original collection (otherwise it comes back…I won’t subject it to abuse).  He also gets about 20 beer signs and one pinball (the other kids get the slot  machine (it’s legal..only takes slugs)  and the Space Invaders.)    Since this is the Vinyl aisle I’ll tell you the range of 45’s…The Stroll by the Diamonds to Love Shack by the B-52’s.  Some popular ones are: We Got to Get out of This Place, Bad to the Bone, Harlem Nocturne,  Roll Over Beethoven, Help Me Rhonda, Love is Strange, Paradise by the Dashboard Light, Little Duce Coupe, Fortunate Son, Hey Joe, Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress, Purple Haze, Pretty Woman, Be My Baby, Ball and Chain, and Sleep Walk.  Just typing this made me go down and check the beer supply and now the tunes will be rolling around in my brain all nite.  Just a caution  here, don’t play pinball with my wife.  She always wins!    Marg

Stevie Steiner
            Managing Ambassador

Jukebox…. yes

Pinball…. yes

Cold beer fridge…. yes

Only thing missing is a billiards table, lol.  When does the party start? 😄

Oh Stevie, I forgot there’s a bumper pool table too and all we need  is one person to qualify as a party start.    Party on  !    Marg

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Marg, you make an excellent pount about the artwork on albums.  I think I enjoyed the album covers almost as much as the music at times.  ELP, YES…. a lot of the old rock albums had some great artwork.  🙂

Stevie

I have taken as many as 12 album covers and framed them in one large (think giant) picture frame and hung them on the walls.  I don’t enjoy the CD covers as well since they are too small and not as colorful but do frame groups of them as well.  The LP covers and sleeves (like Live at Leeds) really have energy.  And now that I’ve said that everybody’s going to be scooping up all the old vinyl jackets. lol    Glad that you enjoyed them too Stevie.     Marg

Can’t say that I actually collect, but I have retained the LP’s I had from decades ago. Some of them are Dave Brubeck’s Take Five, Herbie Mann, Sergio Mendes and Brazil ‘66, Ramsey Lewis, Nina Simone, Ferrante & Teicher, etc. Essentially fills up a Banker’s Box…

Dawn Judson
      Ambassador

I’m a long-time DJ. For parties & other events, I used to lug around crates of vinyl. I probably have about 700 albums & maybe even more 45s.

i am definitely a vinyl enthusiast.  i have hundreds of albums and listen to LP’s often.  Not so much of a collector anymore, but still buy a few now and then. i am a sucker for a cool record store.My listening space

Revel
      Baroness

You betcha. I still have some old vinyl records that I listen to. I love the sound of an unscratched vinyl record.

Revel

This is so awesome. I thanked everyone in hopes they see my response. I know I’ve responded to the musician thread in the past but as I said this is another passion. I am so glad there are active listeners to vinyl and those that have great memories and have kept them!

Maybe we should figure out some virtual listening party!!!

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I am not a collector but still have my old album collection, or what is left of it. The one good thing is that I kept my old Hitachi turntable so I can have a reminisce. My records start around the early seventies and the last bought was Nevermind, Nirvana then it was C.D’s for this C.D at heart…..

I have mostly been concentrating on finding Buffett albums (yes, I am a Parrothead0, but would love to find a nice copy of Buckner and Garcia’s “Pac-Man Fever”. Had the cassette but want the disc to hang on the wall.

Leonara
      Ambassador

I never threw the ole 33 vinyls away .. I still have my original Beatles albums… oops there I go again this ole lady is dating herself… love the article

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Well sort of…. I’m a lazy old coot and I cant see the merit in getting out of my recliner to change a recording with only 7 or 8 tracks on one side. OK we used toe have record players with “stacks”, but I have been near one for 50 years.

I’m also a broken down old rocker with a special love of guitar instrumentals from the 60’s/70s EG The Shadows from the UK and The Ventures from the USA.

So many moons ago, I put my 60 year old Shadows LP’;s on to  cassette tapes. That way I get 45 mins minimum and it I “set ’em up proper like”, I get 90 mins

Still have the original records tho, cant part with ’em. Just cant play’em…

Caty.

Oh Caty,  I loved the Shadow’s guitars.  I didn’t think that anybody else knew about them.  I could never play Apache correctly.   Marg

I’ve been collecting for over 45 yrs. 5k+ 45’s, 2k+ LP’s, 1k+ CD’s, bootlegs, autographs, artwork, RIAA awards and music related books. 700+ Blondie items, 500+ Stiff Records items, Stones and punk. Once I got rid of the ex it all came out of storage. Going thru record bins looking for that elusive record is very relaxing.

Be safe. Love and Peace.

Amber

Amber, My wife made a deal with me that she could do anything she wanted with the top floor of our house and in return I could do anything I wanted with the basement.  I think that I got the better deal.  Good luck with the search.   Marg

Anonymous

Absolutely!!! I still own every LP I’ve bought since 1984, and still buy way more than I can keep up with…

Thanks for starting this thread! ❤️

I have a few hundred LPs and still buy them often, but “collector” is a bit strong. I have some of my very first records from the 1970s, but I’ve purged more vinyl than clothes!

I’m an unreformed music and audio nutjob, because music is life. I have a dedicated almost-audiophile 2.1 rig for music, with a decent not great turntable, cd transport with an external DAC, and a streamer I built out of a raspberry pi for Spotify Connect, internet radio, etc. I’m a hopeless nerd about it. LPs, maybe a thousand CDs, couple guitars, a high gain tube amp, a fiddle, tin whistle, my wife’s cello. Music saved my life as an adolescent, and I survived high school because of the four audition choirs that took me in. I’ve been paying it back ever since. Would love to be in an all-trans grrl band!

Hi Clarissa,

In my youth I often enjoyed playing disc jockey during school partys, I have a good collection of 80s and 90s music disc, about 2500 vinyls between 33 and 45 rpm.
      Years later, nothing sounds like vinyl.
      I love hearing my vinyl records more then music in Cd.

XOXOX from Italy 🇮🇹
      Greta 🎶🎧❤️

Awesome!!! I just picked up a vintage turntable and it has me listening to music more because I can use higher end needles. The difference between my DJ turntables and needles is night and day. I love it because you get to concentrate on the music than being passively listening. I don’t want to know how many I have….

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?