Viewing 22 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Angelica
      Lady

Hello everyone,

So I have recently started to buy myself a new wardrobe and I have yet to buy myself a dress. I am currently 29 so I would like to find a style of dress that is age appropriate, something women in their late 20’s/early 30’s would wear. The issue I’m having is the majority of the cute dresses I am finding online leave the upper back quite exposed and even though they are oh so cute, I do not want that because then the bra strap would be visible. I am not yet ready to invest in one of those adhesive breast forms so using a bra will be a requirement for the time being. I’m looking for a dress that is cute, but covers the back so that no one can see the bra straps. Also preferably a style that would not require me to tuck. Any ideas or suggestions? Thank you! – Angelica

Hi Angelica!

Even though I’m headed towards 50 this year, I dress younger than my age.

I prefer classy looks that appeal to a wide range.  I’m also like you in that I wear a bra and I’m not going to show off my back, or tops with low cut fronts, or off the shoulder type.

Its not easy for sure.  Searching amazon of course always works.  My personal favorite is Venus.

Gorgeous stuff, very classy for most ages. Not cheap but I’ve had great luck with them.

I know a lot of girls suggest Torrid as well if your of a bigger frame.  Good luck to you.

XO Robyn 🤗❤️

Anonymous

Hi Angelica,

Dressing seems to knock off at least 10 years from your real age, so your choice in dresses is almost unlimited. You could even shop in the Juniors department for some cute dresses.
      “Backless” dresses will have built-in cups which need to be filled in, but cute sun dresses will work fine with a backless bra. Spring fashions are arriving now, so go shopping, girl…and good luck.

Hugs,
      Bettylou

Leonara
      Ambassador

Angelica,
      If you want to wear a fancy dress .. I would recommend a little black dress (LBD).. or less casual a sweater dress… you are welcome to view my photos on my profile page..dresses have backs and the necklines are modest..however, age appropriate are pencil skirts which you may also consider.
      Welcome to the wonderful world of crossdressing but most of all have fun.. hugs, Leonara

Anonymous
      Lady

With dresses there are so many choices of styles. Summer brings out my sun dresses which are fun and easy to wear. They are lite and airy with a happy feel while wearing. Draper James has some beautiful dresses that are fun and flirty, yes they are a little expensive but when you put on one you will see why they cost more than the average Amazon dress. Another that I like are the Tommy Hilfiger dresses. Kohl’s, Macy’s and Belk’s have great selections of dresses. I have found that wearing shapewear panties like the Bali Tummy brief style keeps everything in check while wearing a dress, even when wearing a bodycon style.

Hugs,

Sandy

Angelica,

Have you tried Amazon? You would  be pleasantly surprised.

Lee Ann

Anonymous

It very much depends on your style.

I generally find Ted Baker is really classy and has a really nice mix of flowing and figure hugging dresses. (Good for casual and formal looks) Their signature flower pattern is so femme and on point. And the rose gold zip ohhhhh,

Didi💋

Dear Angelica…

A problem all of us face… even the real ones! Women in general who go with a backless dress have to be either, an A cup, have implants, young enough to have firm boobs (see option 1), use various invisible taping methods… or don’t give a hoot!
      I would love to but my forms have run out of firm adhesion so I can’t be sure of their sticking power. So… a shift dress is my preferred option and as luck would have it… I love the styles of the sixties so no problem. For spaghetti straps a strapless bra is best but most are balconette style and no good for falsies! On the other hand strapless dresses are a good bet if you can be assured of the adhesion factor.

👗👙👛👠💋💋💋 Polly

Anonymous

Oooerrr Polly,

careful going round sharp bends if you have adhesion worries…your headlamps could go straight on!!!!

🚗. 🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓 vrooommmmm!

Anonymous

Angelica…

It really is a question “what’s your style preference” … sometimes I love fifties style dresses..I had a couple from Grace Karin ( no relation 😂) on Amazon…they zip up the back to the nape of your neck….nice colours nice price…nice for me….but this is just my opinion..

Good Morning from grace xx

Anonymous

I was also frustrated with finding a bra without a strap across the back, and then I hit on the idea of swimsuits. Many one-pieces have around the neck or shoulder straps that leave the back free…for tanning I guess. Anyway I found a body shape swim suit that does that either way.
      Alternately you could get some light foam adhesive breasts for the kind of dress you are interested in.

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

Hey there!

So the easy one, to not tuck, you’ll need to probably stick with some type of A-line skirt/dress.

If you’re like me, you may want to think about shopping separates. Most dresses that fit my chest, look like a potato sack in the middle. That depends on your measurements.(I’m 46-36-42).

This allows you to find a top that fits well, and pair it with a skirt that fits well…separately.

I have lucked out and found a few cool A line dresses on Amazon(See my public photos, black dress with skulls) for REALLY reasonable prices. But, to wear that dress, I had to give up on wearing any forms under it. My pecs look like a small B as is. Depending on your body shape, shoulder width, arm size, etc…there are plenty of things you’ll learn look good/bad on you. For instance, my arms are not “slender”, Cap sleeves accentuate this and look bad on me. So, I wear either no sleeve or 3/4 sleeves at least.

A lot of the stuff I’ve shopped on line tends to be a little off from the size charts, don’t get discouraged. Prime purchases are free to return if you use Prime, this has been a godsend. Order, try it, send it back for free. Just make sure that the item you choose is a “Prime” item. I bought some shoes and didn’t notice they weren’t, now I’m paying the shipping to return them.

Good Luck Sweetie and make sure to post some pics of the new wardrobe!!

Rayna

I have been finding some really cute stuff at Versona and the prices are great especially for the sale items.

I got all my dresses from Walmart. Their website gives you plenty of pics of dresses so you can see what the neck & back is like.

Scuba dresses are lovely – the top is nice and stretchy to accommodate the most enthusiastic chest, and the skirt flows out like an A-line, giving the appearance of hips, total freedom of movement and confidence that the wind won’t give you a “Marilyn” moment!

They also look so girly, I would think you’d find one to your taste and age feel.

Missguided have a great range aimed at the younger market: https://www.missguided.co.uk/clothing/sale-1

Love Laura

Anonymous

Hi Angelica, my fave dresses at the moment for everyday wear are skater dresses. They’re A-line so I don’t have to worry about unsightly bumps anywhere and they come in all lengths. I always get them with sleeves. Check out the floral print styles, you can see them on most clothes websites. Enjoy your shopping! Emma.

I too have had a real challenge in finding nice dresses.  I am not considering any hair removal at this time, so anything backless is out of the question.  I’m also not a fan of V neck or low neck dresses, I prefer onces that go right up the neck to hide my body hair.

I personally stick to pencil/bodycon/shift type dresses.  I like the tighter/snug fit which helps accentuate my silicone hips/butt pads.  I also like the height to be no lower than knee, preferrable just above the knee.

I avoid long sleeve dresses, I don’t mind cap sleeves and may consider sleeves to the elbow.  However, sleeveless is more my thing.

Anonymous

I have had my back waxed many times. No one has ever mentioned it in guy mode. And it feels terrific.

Anonymous
      Lady

I saw this dress the other day on Amazon and just fell in love with it!!  Not sure it’s your style, but it covers your back  🙂

It doesn’t solve the front problem for those of us with too much hair though  🙂  I wouldn’t be able to wear this without a breast plate.

Anonymous

So shave a little girl…no I mean shave a little…girl. It grows back as fast as your beard does.

Anonymous
          Lady

Here’s a similar one and you could pair it with a bolero sweater and look TOTES ADORBS!!!  (And no shaving 🙂 )

love Love LOVE!!!

OMG! I adore those dresses. I have avoided pulling the trigger because of my big arms. But the bolero sweater is a fabulous idea!

Hi Girls,

I’ve had some great success with dresses at Nordstrom Rack. I shop online and pick up in the store. After picking up, I just try them in the fitting room. If I don’t like the dress or it doesn’t fit, I just return it right there. Otherwise if you don’t live near a store, you have 45 days to return in most cases. Prices are terrific!

Cheers, Jenni!

Anonymous

Pre-Covid Bayshore shopping centre here in Ottawa offered the services of a style consultant.
      It was about $20 and (went to charity as well) so really well worth it. This wonderful and wise woman took me by the hand (literally) and wangled a mini makeover at Sephora, and some great shopping at two of my favorite Canadian stores, Melanie Lynne and Shepherd’s. I had never given much thought to accesories before she enlightnened me. After she sprung for lunch she left me on my own at a salon withing the centre.
      This can’t be the only SS in NA doing this. The thing is she gave me credibility with everyone we met, especially the CSA’s.

Anonymous

Harietta,

Awesome suggestion and what a great experience!

God bless,

Steph

Hi Angelica

This is fun!

I’ve never shopped for someone else before, and I have gone with my own tastes, so forgive me if you think what I selected is a bit old for you – it looks classic to me!

I selected this colour because of your name – and I also think your dark hair would look great with this, maybe teamed with some blingy jewellery, like a lovely gold necklace and some bracelets.

It’s fit and flare, so no tucking required – and flattering. May need to tweezer a few chest hairs – but the back is covered.

I’d be interested in what you think either way!

https://www.phase-eight.com/product/ester-lace-fit-and-flare-dress-208591452.html#isSecondPage=false&start=0&sz=60&is=false&cgid=sale-dresses&prefn1=size&prefv1=14|18&prefn2=color&prefv2=Green&pid=208591452&pos=14

Love Laura

Anonymous
      Lady

I found a really nice LBD today at Kohl’s that looked wonderful and after the discount and a 25% off coupon for returning a Amazon order at Kohl’s it was $21.00. I will admit I have too many dresses and need to stop finding great deals. I’m running out of room in my closet.

Sandy

All I’m gonna say is to forget about being “age appropriate.” Wear what you want as long as you do it with style. They say it’s best to grow old gracefully. I wonder who “they” are. Have fun and dress how you want!

Some of the best dresses and rompers I like have been from Venus.

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?