Viewing 24 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi. My name is Meryl from the mountains of Western North Carolina. Well, I have a question to put out there about inclusion. I just love my 4″ heels. The problem is: that puts me at 7′. If I ever went out by myself, I would stick out like a sore thumb. Do any of yall have any ideas about getting out when you’re tall? My body aches to go out and see what it’s like to dress and be in public. Looking forward to your suggestions. Maybe some of us tall gals could get together. Just let me know.

Hugs <3

Meryl

Im 6″2 and have no problem wearing heels when out you just have to walk wit attitude

I may just try some tennis shoes and jeans first time out. Really nervous.

I am 5′-7″ tall and I wear 4″, 5″ and 6″ heels all the time but I am still not as tall as you, but it doesn’t matter. There are tall girls, short girls, fat girls, skinny girls out there. Do what makes YOU feel good and STOP worrying what other people think. It’s your life….right!?

Hi Meryl
      <p style=”text-align: left;”>I’m 6 ft tall and enjoy wearing heels. As Paula says, it’s a question of attitude. Stand tall, walk tall, and be confident. Of course, it all depends on what you prefer to wear, but always be proud of who you are. Hugs xx</p>

Thanks for your attitude! I live in a small town. My SO is not for me doing that. I wouldn’t be the man she married. There is a lot of other stuff to get through before stepping out.

Meryl

Hi Meryl – I’m a little over six feet tall, and I love high heels! My favorite shoes are 5-inch stilettos (you do the math) and I feel as if I’m in the same boat as you: I don’t want to be that tall girl in flats, but I think I would attract too much attention in my preferred shoes. What to do? I’m sneaking out when I can, trying to “normalize” the feeling of being dressed in public, even if I am “too tall.” I know I’ll always be a lot taller than most GGs, so I’m just trying to get acclimated to it, so I won’t feel overly awkward. There’s no easy answer, and no real help for it — we are who we are, and our height can’t be altered.

I can say this much: A couple of years ago I was at a wedding receptions at which one of the other guests was a striking 6-foot tall girl in 5-inch heels. She was getting a lot of attention, and it was all good.

Anonymous

I’m 5’10” tall and love wearing my 5″ heels.  I know my height makes me stand out compared to most women, but I don’t think much about it.  I just do my best to look good and be comfortable and confident about my appearance.  As far as drawing attention is concerned, I’ll take any attention I can get as long as it is positive.  Lol!

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I’m 6’1″ in my stocking feet. I love my 4 in heels too. I wear only pumps and platforms. Some of them are on 1 in platforms. When I wear them, that makes me 6’5″ to 6’6″. I’m like as tall as and NBA player. I’m self conscious of that when I go out. It has never caused a problem though. If anything, I get attention and remarks about my legs in shiny pantyhose, sexy heels and short dress.

At 7′ feet though, you would tower over me. I guess, just give it a try in brief outings and see how it goes.

Wow that is tall Meryl. Perhaps a style of clothing that accents your height would be a thought. I don’t know much about fashion tricks but I am sure one of our sisters will. Good luck honey.

I wear a woman’s size 17 shoe and have trouble finding flats in that size. No problem finding heels though. Go figure….

Hi Meryl,

6’4″ here…  6’9″ in my beloved heels.  I’ve only been out and about a few times but loved every minute of it.  My one bit of advise…  don’t slouch.  Head high, shoulders back, boobs out…  own it girl!

Luv, Cindy

Sherri Cisneros
      Baroness

Meryl, I too, am your height exactly, so I can empathize.  A tip and trick you may wish to try concerning shoes. I have size 15 in men’s shoes.
      It seems that there a few more 16 and 17 women’s shoes out there these days.  Pleaser brand seems to lead the pack.  Mostly heels.
      I have discovered Long Tall Sally flats can work.  First off read the reviews, if they say they run large, that would be your choice.
      If they are snug, here is what I have found that works.
      I purchased a good quality wooden shoe stretcher from Amazon. Put the shoe on it, then carefully heat it with a heat gun if you have one.  You can then get a little more stretch out of them.  Let them cool before you remove the stretcher.  This works because most of the shoes these days are man made materials.  I have not tried it on leather.  I can usually get a 1 to 1-1/2 size increase.
      I recently purchased 2 pairs of knee high boots from LTS, and they ran large enough they fit great!  Also, LTS clothing sizes are vanity cut, so a size 20 will fit me, and I am a size 22-24 normally.  Sleeves are long enough, hem actually goes to the knees.  When padded, my measurements are 51-42-52 for reference. Sounds huge, but at our height, it is proportional.  Hope this is helpful.

Anonymous

Hi Meryl,

I’m 6″ 1′ and wear heels. My legs are my best part and I love to flaunt them when I can.

At your height, I imagine people look at you no matter how you dress. Wear what feels good and wear it with pride.

I had GG friend in college who was 6″ 4′ ; she was gorgeous in 4 inch heels.

Can you stretch peep toe heels? I found some sexy Maiernisi Jessi heels in 14-1/2 and need them in a size 15. Would it work?

Sherri Cisneros
      Baroness

Meryl, I have not tried peep toe shoes, but I do not see why it wouldn’t work, maybe easier with the open toe.

I am also tall and wish I could do this, but I would say get out there and walk with confidence.

I would feel better going out with another sister than by myself for the first time. I live in a small town…it would be hard here. Maybe I need to go to a large city to give it a try.

Do you have any suggestions of where I could get open toed shoes in a mens 15?

Sherri Cisneros
      Baroness

Pleaser makes a size 16 peep toe sling back, 4” heel.  They fit.  Did not have to stretch them.   Shoes.com

I’m 6’4″; generally I wear flats when I go out; there are lots of taller women around. When out I tend to dress more casually, especially in day time – I feel less conspicuous and thus more confident – I enjoy my outings.

Will the 16’s fit me if I wear a guy’s 15?

Anonymous

Agree Miranda, I’m 6’2, have great legs and wear four inch heels and love the stares I receive

Sherri Cisneros
      Baroness

[postquote quote=259914][/postquote[postquote quote=259914][/postquote]
      They should.  I wear a men’s 15 also as stated before.  The slingback helps due too the lack of a heel cup.  I did not have to stretch them.  I think the peep toe slingback is one of the sexiest shoes made.

Hello Meryl,

I’m not as tall as you but feel your pain to a certain degree. At 5’11”, I”m pretty tall when in 5″ stilettos but I have the great benefit of a 100% supportive wife who’s also 5’11”.  It gives me a great excuse to wear heels even in guy mode because, well, she towers over me if I’m in flat, men’s shoes… 🙂 And I have quite a few pairs of shoes that are heeled but chunkier and not quite as obvious as stilettos…

Fortuntely, I wear W12-14, so finding shoes isn’t *quite* as challenging. So, as other have said, Pleaser has done much of their line up to 16 for years!! There’s another company, https://www.fsjshoes.com/ that has a really nice selection and ALL of their products are up to US Size 15. That may work for you in a flat but…it seems like every company sizes things differently. Unfortunately, FSJ is fairly pricey. Pretty much everything is over $60 from them. There’s also a good selection on Amazon and AILExpress (if you’re willing to wait for your shoes…)

Melody

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?