• This topic has 17 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 16 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I really wanted to get my ears pierced last year and explore all the wondrous  styles of cute earrings but alas my blood thinner medication prevents such as great event lol!

So, I am looking for any tips and links when purchasing clip on.screw earrings, I have tried many from Amazon and had some success but have you ladies got any good recommendations for quality earrings for us less pierced individuals.

It seems on the most part the available items are quite ‘old lady’ looking and just not very pretty. I have found a few pairs of more formal earrings and they look quite nice but I am looking for something suitable for more everyday wear. Something that makes an outfit pop when chucking on a pair of jeans and a cute top.

Maybe something someone had found on etsy and a boutique site.

Hugs Suzy

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

Hi Suzy,

I have had the same issue when looking at clip on earrings.  I have heard that they make kits that you can convert regular earring into clip ons.  Not sure how good they are but figured I would mention it.

hugs,

Michelle

Try this firm

https://www.icing.com/us/jewelry/earrings/ear-cuffs/

They have pierced earrings converters that convert hoop thru ear type pierced earrings into clip-ons

They even have stud style clip-ons and Earcuff style earrings.

Anonymous

Thanks for the suggestions, I will certainly check out the converters and the snake cuff is very cool on the icing site 🙂

Debi
      Lady

There are earring converters that convert stud earrings into clip-ons , they work well , I used them before I got my ears pierced. Google them many places carry them.

Anonymous

I do not have pierced ears so usually I have clip ons, but recently I have tried magnetic ones they work really well and do not fall off.

Rami Love
      Lady

I thought about peicing my ears, and though about clip ons, and now am looking at clip on adapters. Has anybody tried the adapters? I am affraid that the ones on ebay and amazon would be absolute trash and a waste on money?

Anonymous

I use earrings that are for pierced ears even though I do not have pierce ears. Choose earrings that have the clasp that snaps over the prong that goes through the piercing. Cut the prong off just short of where the clasp naturally rests when closed. Smooth the cut prong point as much as you can. Place the shortened prong on the ear lobe and snap the clasp to the back of the lobe. I have not had any problems with earrings attached this way falling off.

For dangling earrings, remove the hook that goes through the ear piecing. Get some clips from the Hobby Lobby jewelry section, and attach them to the earrings where the hooks were originally attached.

Good Morning Ladies.

Aliexpress. com in south east Asia sells clip on attachments that accept pierce ear-ring type jewellry. You can get a couple dozen of these things in silver/gold (fake) for about a buck US funds….free shipping. Do check it out!! All kinds of stuff made there…super cheap and very reliable cost/shipping/security wise.

As you know….most stuff is made there these days……get what you need cheaply…..why pay wholesalers and retailers super large mark ups???? Only draw back is it takes about 8 weeks to get stuff but communication from them is fabulous.

Dame Veronica

Anonymous

Finally, after a long wait I am able to wear the earrings I desire< The doc gave be me full consent to wear what I wish. I am tomorrow no longer on blood thinners so I have made an appointment with the local tattoo shop to get my ears pierced. I am so excited to finally start my journey to experiencing cute dangingler, cute 80’s bright and colorful, platinum and white gold wonders of earing heaven that I longed for. 2021 will be a world of new experiences.

I use silver and gold spring loaded hoop earrings. They look so real when I wear them. I got them on the Amazon.

-SR-

Anonymous

Hello Samantha…

I bought silver Spring loaded hoops off Amazon…in a set of three, all diff sizes…but they are diamante…catch the light beautifully…and a great price

Smiles, grace xx

Hey dear… Amazon has a lot of clip on styles. Just search Earring clip ons.

I also bought the clip on convertors and they work well with pierced type earrings. Got them at Joann’s fabrics if you have a store near you and dont wanna wait. Good Luck sweetie!

Didn’t know they existed.  How much do they run?

I don’t have pierced ears, so I’ve relied on clip ons for a long time.

I used to use the metal spring type clip ons, but after 5 minutes the pain is so great I have to take them off.

I found a style of clip ons that are super comfy, and can be worn all day without any pain.  It is a small plastic clip that slides onto the ear lobe (i think it is called invisible clip).  Granted, the plastic does stretch over time but it doesn’t hurt whatsoever.

On Amazon, I think the seller’s name is Pretty Smart.  I like her designs, and I’m shifting towards more “stud” type clip ons than dangly ones (the dangly ones snag my wig).  I also bought empty plastic clip ons that have a small hole, so I can buy wire type ear rings, thread it thru the small hole, and voila, instant ear ring clip ons.

Anonymous

Yay!!

Super nice guy, didn’t feel a thing. Loving the jewel studs and the possibilities for the future.

A very happy day 🙂

Below is a photo of the earring section of my jewelry storage. Below that are other drawers with bracelets, wrist cuffs, scarves and other odds and ends. I removed all of the rings and broaches in order to get a clearer picture of just the earrings. All are clip ons except for one pair of screw ons. The screw ons are the comedy and tragedy earrings in the copper section at the top. The only reason I have them is that I also have the matching wrist cuff and pendant by Rebajes. I don’t wear them for the same reason that I don’t have my ears pierced. Due to arthritis, I don’t have enough flexibility in my elbows and shoulder to put them on. Most of my collection came from Etsy vendors with some from Poshmark.

One thing thing that many don’t know it that the paddle style clips are adjustable for clamp pressure. The rectangular piece in the center that acts as a flexure can be tweaked slightly and that changes the clamp pressure. I have a little tool that is designed for the purpose, but the online shop where I bought it, Cliptomania.com, (in a kit with findings) has gone dark. For the ones that I’ve adjusted or came in pretty good shape, I can wear them for 10 hours or more. If they are not dangly ones, sometimes I forget that I’m wearing them. I’m not sure if the ones with little round metal pads are adjustable. I have a few in that style, but I haven’t messed with them.

It doesn’t really show in the photo, but I also use silicone covers on the paddles. They slide over the paddles and are about 3/8” long or slightly more.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?