Viewing 13 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

I guess I must be becoming more of a!complete woman as I wonder what to do with my hair.  Changing your hair up is such a girly thing after all.  Walking through my local Rexall I keep stopping by all the colouring kits available and how it might look on me. ( Stevie as a blond? 😜 )  Just wondering if any of you long haired girls out there have tried these – I assume it washes out after a week or two, and I’m curious as to what I would look like, and hair apps don’t cut it.

For that matter, how many wig wearing sisters have more than one colour, or one style in their wardrobe?   The variety would make matching outfits so much more fun and  interesting!  Just a thought.

Stevie

Peta Mari
      Lady

I have been dying my hair for 4 years. Medium brown. Ash brown. Once dark brown that had tinges of voilet.

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

I’ve probably watched too many comedies where the hair winds up orange.  That terrifies me!

Stevie,

Heck, the ‘man’ in me is even considering it – I really don’t like the way that grey is beginning to take over my temples!

I had three different coloured wigs back in the days before the my final purge.  Now just one, a honey blonde, the one I’m wearing in my profile pic. Will be adding some others, I’m thinking I might look good as a redhead??

Marcellette

My own hair is now almost non-existant and so I generally don’t have to worry about it and there is definitely too little to try and colour!

On the plus side, it means I can buy wigs in what ever length, style and colour that I want! The only thing that slows me down is the cost!

-A.

I had only one wig, a basic auburn color, for about 4 years; the one in my profile photo. Last year I decided to expand my hair color options and bought 2 more wigs. First a red tint auburn with black tips and second a basic black. This year I’m thinking about adding a golden blonde. I agree with you Stevie, a girl needs variety.

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Stevie, I did color my hair this last year for my birthday in Sept. I had it professionally done at Ulta. You can checkout the post ‘Happy birthday to Me’. I decided to have it done there only because I wanted it done right. The total cost was just under $200, but included shampoo, conditioner and a eye brow pencil. I did it in part to cover my gray. The color is still there but you can see the gray roots that are now over 2″. Likely to do it again.
      Sandy

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

I’m thinking about trying the “Purple for brunettes” coloring conditioner.

I was planning to put it in right before going to Desert Crossroads. I’ll have my long hair with me, but during pool time, I don’t think I’ll want to bake my head in that hot thing.

So, add some flavor… So what if I’m gonna have short purple hair and not even REMOTELY pass in my bikini…. I’ll have PURPLE hair!!! LOL

I’ll take pics and see how it turns out….

xoxo

Rayna

Right now it’s pink. Many of the nurses at my hospital love it and I get nothing but compliments. Well mostly, one of our female trauma docs thinks I’m going thru a mid-life crisis. LOL. When I go out I get nothing but compliments. I get stopped at least three or four times by women in the grocery store. I’ve never gotten this much attention from women my whole life. Should have done this years ago. For Easter I’m going to colour it like an Easter egg. Be safe all.

Love and Peace,

Amber

I’d love to erase the grey at least. I’ll have to run it by the ladies of the house. They have the experience.

Anonymous

I have started to let my own hair grow. I have a little gray that I would like to be gone. My hair stylist has suggested highlights. I may be trying that!

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Yeah, I’ve noticed a few white hairs encroaching…. have to say I’m thinking of some high lights myself.  Why not?😁

Anonymous

I too started highlights to mask and hide the whites and greys when they started showing up…in guy mode. I loved the gradual walk to blondness. The problem was that after the couple of years it took to get my hair to shoulder the length my hair was pretty well wrecked and the cost was getting too high.
        One day my stylist Ashley said “look, you are already very blonde. Relax now and trust me, you will love this and your hair will thank you”
        And an hour later , out with the highlights and I was all..blonde.
        No one reeled off a negative comment and many love the look.
        Remember…the outside should match the inside.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

That would be fun, only my hair is very thin now I’m in my mid 60’s. I am not bald but it is not the luxuriant growth I used to have.

It is interesting that I was talking about this the other day with a friend, if I had the lovely hair I used to have I would grow it out and have my own long hair, instead of having to wear a wig then I could colour it to suit myself!

Amy

I colour my wifes hair all the time and when I have die over I always put it through my hair for a bit of fun

Id like to get rid of some gray for sure. Im growing it out now but its not long enuf yet for styling or curling but will be soon then im definitely going to color it!

Pumped
      Lady

Hair?
      What’s that?

I can change my hair color easily, just swap wigs! Actually I have only one wig and have yet to wear it. I shave my head and wear a beard. I dress from the neck down. The neck up is way too much work!

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

A little envious here Celeste.  Don’t you dare mess with a good thing!

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?