• Creator
    Topic
    Marti
    Participant
    Registered On: February 5, 2019
    Topics: 24
    Replies: 333

Hi All,

I’m not sure Indian music has ever been discussed on here. Classical indian music offers a wealth of new sounds if you’ve never been there before. Perhaps some of you have heard of Ravi Shankar – not a bad place to start.

The Beatles were the first band to use a sitar (in the song Norwegian Wood, on the Rubber Soul album, I think). For a few years after, everyone and their dog added a bit of sitar. But that’s a world away from the real stuff

I’ll sometimes playa a random raga in a morning, as I get on with things. I find it very relaxing, very soothingalmost hypnotic.

Why not give it a go?

Marti xxx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Dawn Wyvern
      Managing Ambassador
      Registered On: February 23, 2019
      Topics: 22
      Replies: 328

There a several members from India here who may be able to give some information on music from that region – There is a lot of influence from Indian music in modern dance music, and also in recent film music.

The ‘Mirror Mirror’ vision of the  Snow White story has some fabulous music which has a strong Indian influence and well worth dancing to !

Hugs

Dawn

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Celeste Starre
      Lady
      Registered On: June 26, 2018
      Topics: 40
      Replies: 1029

“I’ll sometimes playa a random raga in a morning, as I get on with things. I find it very relaxing, very soothingalmost hypnotic.”

Very true. I also find Native American music like R. Carlos Nakai to be that way

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account