Viewing 97 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Zoe’s Original Post:

Hi I love dressing as Zoe but I regard my self as completely heterosexual. When I younger I couldn’t fathom out why I had to dress as a woman, I thought I was gay, I went with a man but it only confirmed that prefer women. Maybe I’M a male lesbian!. I think that the majority of crossdressers are bi or gay. What do you think? Zoexx

Hi Zoe,

I think it is very common for a lot of tg/cd ers to be heterosexual, I myself am married with children. To be honest I class myself as lesbian and am happy with that.

I must admit though, when I started hrt 15 months ago it raised concerns whether my sexual orientation would change…… it didn’t and I became more comfortable with myself beyond belief and I’m extremely happy and so is my wife with our close and loving relationship.

Go well

Hugs

Scarlett x

To put it simply, yes, of course.

More elaborately, and not intending to sound too bitchy, but probably coming across that way and apologizing for it ahead of time:

I think those of us who crossdress come from the entire spectrum of sexuality and it is not particularly necessary to worry about who is gay, who is straight, who is bi, etc. I prefer to focus on the person, not the label.

Equally, there all kind of reasons for a man to dress in clothing that is usually associated with women. It can be a simple as donning a Halloween costume for a party or as complicated as helping resolve gender identity issues.

For me, a basically straight male, crossdressing is just part of who I am. A significant portion of my personality is feminine and I choose to acknowledge that. As part of my exploration of that portion of my personality, I choose to wear “women’s” clothing and undergarments and to sometimes appear in public dressed in clothing that helps others see me as a woman as well as a man. Doing so helps me acknowledge and understand that special, important part of who I am.

It is not due to any physical/sexual attraction to men.

It is due to acknowledging and celebrating myself as a complete, total person. A person who is neither solely male nor solely female, but instead a wonderful amalgamation of both.

So again, yes. Straight men can and do crossdress. So do gay, bi, and other men.

Anonymous

It is certainly possible for a crossdresser to be straight. Gender and sexuality are different things… it is often assumed that if a man wants to wear clothing associated with women, he must be gay – looking to pick up a man. All of the crossdressers I have met in my local support group are hetero, as am I.

Holly G
      Lady

I think it’s a completely valid question to bring up because I had the same thoughts many times. I couldn’t understand why I would want to do this unless I was at least bi. Until this forum, I’ve never known anyone else in the CD world so I had no references to change this way of thinking. As I’ve met more and more girls on this forum, I’ve realized what many have already said. Being a CD does not have anything to do with your sexual orientation. It may reflect inner desires or it may simply reflect an inner personality wanting to come out. Either way is perfectly fine and celebrated here which I love!!???

To follow up on all of this. I love women, I have no attraction to guys. Like it has been said but none of that matters. If you are on this site you are a guy that likes to dress as a woman or a woman who likes to dress as a guy. It is just clothing and an expression of our own personalities. So to answer the question, yes you can be CD and completely straight, but be who you are not a label.

Kendra
      Duchess

I think I understand why the question is asked, because when I was young the only place where I thought one would find crossdressed men was in a gay bar – unless you were a comedian on television like Flip Wilson or Milton Berle. I think there are multiple posts on this site, and multiple reports and comments on other sites, to support the notion that straight men can have a desire to cross dress and not be attracted to men.

But since I really liked Millicents comments about sexual orientation and gender issues being completely separate, and I liked her comments about both sexual orientation and gender being a spectrum – so I want to add a few things to that

I my case I did wonder about my own sexual orientation a bit when I was young – I did experiment with men. And of course really I wondered why I earth I wanted to wear pantyhose. But I did not ever think, and still dont think, that my openness to gender and crossdressing questions had anything to do with my openness to sexual orientation questions.

This site seems to be welcoming to people across the whole trans spectrum – from the novice crossdresser like myself who is just getting back into it after many years and still gets a tremendous thrill from simply walking into a drugstore to buy pantyhose – to those who have gone through a complete transition, live their lives as a woman, and for whom picking up yet another pair of pantyhose is no more exciting that buying toothpaste. I like that about this site – diversity within our community.

I think that sexual orientation is also a spectrum – ranging from someone who never has any sexual contact with someone of the same sex, to someone who experimented briefly when young, to someone who may find only crossdressed people of the same sex to be attractive, to someone who is completely attracted to all genders no matter what sexual organs they have or how they dress, to someone who is exclusively attracted to the same sex. There is lots of diversity when it comes to sexual orientation too – it comes in more than three colours.

I think question that is asked here is a good one because I think many crossdressers ask it.

I also think that on both fronts, gender and sexual orientation, the best we can do is realize they are separate issues and try to dress, act and love in a way feels right for us – and we should also try to be open and warm to those reside in different places on the two spectrums than we do.

Extremely well said Kendra!!!!

Kendra
      Duchess

thanks Codille, I feel pretty strongly about this – we all need to be more flexible and more tolerant

Anonymous

It’s funny that I noticed this topic on here because this is what happened to me today:

When I went to pick up my new heels today, there was a young man at the counter. I was looking at shoes before I picked up the ones I ordered when he came up to me and asked if I needed any help, (like they always do at Payless), I said “No thanks, I’ll be up in a minute to pick up the things I ordered”. I finished looking around and went to the counter to pick up my order. It was very easy to tell from his mannerisms, speech and dress that he had a very strong feminine side to him. He handed me my order and I sat down to try on my heels before I took them home.

Please bare with me, I know this is getting just a little long but honest, I do have a point I’m trying to make. 🙂

Anyway, I always wear hose when I wear my heels and the heels I just bought kept sliding on my feet as I walked around the store so I went up to the counter and bought some pads to put in the toes of the heels. As I was starting to pay, he complemented me on my nail polish and asked me how I would like to be recognized. I told him “Michael” (my real name) and he said “Oh”. I said, I just like women clothes and shoes and because I have nice looking hands and feet, I also like nail polish. I said I don’t label myself.

So, with all of that being said, I love to wear women’s clothes. Everything from panties to jeans, skirts, tops, shoes, and yes, even breast forms. I like everything girlie. I have no interest in men unless they want to go hunting or fishing or want to help me rebuild my truck. I have a loving wife that supports me and I love more than anything in this world. So how you would label me, I don’t know. I am afraid of nothing, just don’t have the nerve to go out in public fully dressed yet. I do wear my heels in public as well as wear my polish for all to see, just don’t have the nerve yet to go fully dressed. So there I am. You tell me how I should be labeled, I would really like to know.

Amber,

Vanessa just asked me write a personal article that has many of these same emotions so check out the stories on the home page or I can post the link here if you’d like.

As for a lable, you are yourself/Amber. You are unique. No one is exactly like you. I use the term crossdresser because it is easier for people to understand but really you are just yourself. One of a kind with individuals that share some of the same feelings and emotions you have but in the end everyone is different. So embrace your uniqueness and celebrate our similarities and bonds.

Codille

I could not agree more. Sexual orientation has very very little if anything at all to do with crossdressing. Claudia and I were just kind of talking about this.

Change of thought, we live in a age where in the last 60ish years (so within our life time or close to it), where woman and minorities have gotten the right to vote. The sexual revolution happened in the late 60’s and 70’s. AIDS and HIV hit not only the Homosexual population but third-world countries and made us aware to be more careful. In the last 15 years the “Gay” revolution has happened and people started to not hide in the shadows if they were gay or lesbian. Society hasn’t completely accepted it but it has come a damn long way. The Supreme Court of the United States in the last year made same sex couples able to marry ANYWHERE in the US by law, (Political interjection, Ignore KY county clerks.) All of this has to do with sexuality, color, sexual orientation and labels. It may be easier for us to explain to others “what” are with a label they may understand from society but it really isn’t that simple. Each of us is unique and that is the way we are wired. SO however you see yourself, understand there may be people similar to you but no one is exactly like you.

So I guess I can only go back to an earlier post I have on here. I was born male and still biologically am and I have no desire or underling drive to transition at all, I am attracted only to women and happily married for 21 years (heterosexual and straight by societal definitions), I like to dress in women’s clothing (a crossdresser again by societal definition), so the answer t the question posted would be yes. But does how I just described myself really describe me and who I am as a whole, not at all.

I hope in our if not our children’s generation, society finally evolves to the point where we are not black, white, yellow, purple, straight, gay, bi, CD, TG…. I am seeing it in some of our generation but I am amazingly seeing the blindness to differences in my children’s eyes and generation. May there be hope for humanity to understand and accept people different them be on the horizon. And no I am not naïve to think the whole world will change, heck there are still people on both sides fighting the Civil War and that was 150 years ago.

May you all find peace with whom you are and know that there are people similar to you that are struggling like you are and there is support among friends right here on this site. I know in the short period I have been here I have found more courage to be who I truly am through support of the ladies here. I have always had my wife and her telling me it’s just clothing but to have so many of you in the same age group struggling with the same issues and being bold and stepping out. YOU ARE AMAZING AND INSPIRING!!! BE WHO YOU ARE AND BE STRONG!!!!!

Thank you all for your friendship and strength,

Codille

I am a heterosexual crossdresser and have never felt an attraction to any particular male. Though I have had thoughts of being a bridesmaid at a wedding and being the date of one of the groomsmen and being treated like a lady. Nothing sexual, just being accompanied by a groomsman and him offering his jacket when it began to get chilly at an out door wedding. And maybe him holding my heels as I danced barefoot on the dance floor.

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

Kelci-I feel the same way. Being with a male AS A MALE holds no interest for me(channeling Seinfeld-not that there’s anything wrong with that”:) ) but I would like to experience the feminine role on a date(dinner,dancing,and a nightcap) and be treated like a lady but only if I actually WERE a woman. I don’t know that I could do that if I Were just presenting as a female but had not actually transitioned If I were to transition, I am not sure who I wold be more attracted to . Right now it would be females that I am attracted to but with the influence of estrogen on the brain and the lack of testosterone things could change I suppose. One TS said it best in an article- “I want to dress like a woman, act like a woman, be danced with, held and kissed like a woman”! I’m just not sure who I’d be dancing with 🙂 !

Claudia C
      Ambassador

Well put Kelci.
      I am with you hon. Dress me up, have fun, and keep your hands to yourself.

Claudia

Claudia C
      Ambassador

Yes.
      Lol

Anonymous

I also have no attraction to men but in the same breath if they are dressed as a female I am attracted.
      So I like to think I am a lesbian because I love everything about women and being feminine.

Anonymous

Hello,girls!!
      About this question i must say im a bit different of all of you.
      I must say im bi.
      When im not Lima i like and apreciate women.
      But when iim Lima i want men. I want men to desire me as i desire women when im not beeing Lima.
      My sexual experience with men is not big. I only had one man for some times, but when i did i wanted him to to wanted me as a woman. That is how i feel while beein Lima. A woman. A sexy desirable woman that wants to treated like a woman.
      In fact as Lima i want more men than women. But i never been with a woman as Lima so i cant be sure if i like more or not.
      What i know is that i want to be desired by men. I want them to know that i can their.
      But i respect all of you who say that they are hetero. But that is not my case. I must say im totally bi.
      Kisses

Anonymous

Girls, when i started this topic i didnt think for one minute it would get this much attention. Thank you all for your input it fab keep it up. Love Zoe xxx 🙂

Khloe West
      Duchess

Fascinating thread of responses, and it is totally possible to be straight. I am. Never had any interest in men, so I guess that puts me in line with those that would identify as lesbian here.

K

Anonymous

Hello!!!
      I think that as a natural continuation of this topic, another should be created.
      One topic about the sexual experiences and fantasies we all have.
      I think so because the fact of you considering yourself as gay, hetero or bi should bebased in your experiences and/or fantasies.
      As i said before as a man i want women.
      But as Lima i want to be desired and apreciated by men.
      For me its the only point on beeing Lima. Feel sexy and desirable.
      Ive been all my life a very sexual person. I love sex. I do. Im sorry if some of you get offended by this. But is truth. Its Lima’s truth.
      I like to think of myself that im a woman inside. And OUTSIDE too.
      That is why i suggest a topic forum about this question.
      Kisses

when my fem side wants to dress me up all pretty, its like a switch, start undressing, my male side is gone, my fem side puts on panties, pad, nylons, bra, dress, heels, make up, jewellery, perfume. i am 100 female from now on till she decides to change into male mode. when in female mode she wants to have a guy and have massive sex with him like she has never had sex as a female, being all dolled pretty and feeling what its like to have sex as a female. she get all hot for a guy and giving him blow jobs. but when in male mode he wants bj and intercourse. so what does that make me??

Well Now interesting ! Hello ladies and gentlemen. I , was reading all your thoughts and I must say I’am Bi Crossdresser and I enjoy women however I have been with several men and At this point enjoy being more with a man then a women. Yes I was married 2 times and no my divorces’ had nothing to with my crossdressing or sexual preference it was because they cheated. I, have had two lovers and all have treated me with respect and always made me feel like a real women. So, as with Lima I agree with her in all aspects and thoughts. Love it.
      Hugs Lima

Anonymous

I’d say it’s possible to be straight, as Kendra said sexuallity and gender are apples and oranges,but I also feel that to be a CD you have a strong feminine side so that has to encompass your sexuall preference.I guess I’m bi.I experimented with boys back in my teens and early twenties and found out quick that gay men don’t want CD’s because they are attracted to men right?So most of them don’t want you dressed up,it was my experience,your lucky if they’ll let you keep your wig on or maybe your shoes thats it,they don’t want to look at a girl.I did find a man about 12 years ago and I till see hm once in a while who loved me as Heather,I guess there’s something for everyone out there.Heather

Anonymous

I know a TON of straight , happily married crossdressers. Crossdressing does not make one gay.

For me I prefer to be dressed and known as fem however I am attracted only to women. I tried the bi route and it was always what the other one wanted. So I guess I would be a cd lesbian.

Anonymous

I agree – we seem to cover the entire spectrum of sexual preference so yes, completely possible and almost certain.
      After reading and discussing a lot online over the past couple of years, I do believe there is probably a little more to us than just a simple categorisation… So many seem to relate the change of feeling when dressed towards males; wanting to experience the ‘feeling’ without it necessarily involving sex as such. If you think about it – not everyone seems prepared to be open-minded about this – but if we truly are expressing a part of us that is more femme than cis-males, why wouldn’t there be a corresponding swing towards wanting to be attractive as a female to males, after all – who else would be finding us attractive? It doesn’t actually make anyone gay or bi- (not that there’s anything wrong with that) but I do think it’s a little more complex than the preferences of our cis- cousins who don’t exhibit gender fluidity.
      Always an interesting discussion this one…
      Katey x

Anonymous

As many others have already said, yes it is possible for a cd to be straight.  In fact, most are well educated, often married, heterosexuals with a feminine component that needs to be expressed from time to time.

Since I started dressing in high school, I have loved it.  I have also enjoyed getting back to being HIM when I was done.   Back then nothing else ever occurred to me.  Today I relate as a transgender female.   I am very attracted to women no matter how I am dressed.   The biggest shock to me though was when I discovered that I am also bi.   The shock came when I realized that I wanted to be my then wife’s boyfriends other woman.  Since my last (3rd) divorce I have been with several women as well as men and I enjoy the experience.  Now I am in a relationship with a tg friend who lives near me.

Who could have predicted when I started dressing back then that I would be here today the way I am.

I am 100% hetrosexual male who loves to wear women’s clothing and if were able to, would dress fully day in and day out. I am attracted to women. I am now 64 and over the last 20 years or so have dabbled with natural hormones (red clover, fennel, fenugreek which has caused me to go from flat to a “A” cup as I would like breasts. However, my wife is not accepting of the crossdressing, I do love her and it was a concession on my part to stop. If I did transition I probably be considered a lesbian.

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

I think I  would be in the same boat as a “lipstick lesbian” if I were to transition too Dani.(Not 100% positive as I MIGHT (just might) be willing to try being with a guy if I were completely female-not sure but maybe 🙂 !

SO from the last part of our post, did you STOP dressing completely at her request or jusr cut back to when she is not around?

Cynthia

Anonymous

The responses I’ve read have been very interesting but in the end for me the question is – is it any of my business?

I think males wearing female attire is no more likely to suggest they are gay or bi than a woman wearing trousers and a man’s shirt would. Either way, it’s none of my business who someone else chooses to be with.

I stand by my belief that labels are for canned goods and fine wine.

Anonymous

ultimately, Jane, you are correct as well as right.

who we are is our business and the business of those with whom we regularly interact; friends, family; significant others.

Whether or not someone likes who we are is THEIR PROBLEM because at the end of the day, our existence doesn’t take away their birthday.

The best, and most appropriate label for EVERY person is “I am ME.”

Everything else is just window dressing.

AMAZING the responses this seemingly simple question elicited and the passion in so many of the responses. I was thrilled to read through all the replies and I applaud you all!!!

I think most points of view were covered some very zealously.

For me the bottom line is self acceptance no matter what you classify you gender or what your sexual tendencies are.  Be who you are – there is no right or wrong answer.

Heather

guess my preference…..preferences?????

Anonymous

any guess I would make is as likely to be wrong as not.  I would entertain discussion at your convenience.

With a little conjecture based on M2F but the corollary can be equally applied to F2M.

A person who was assigned male gender at birth who is attracted to females is heterosexual.

If that person transitions to female gender and then is attracted to males, they are still heterosexual.

If the same person transitions to female gender and is still attracted to females they become homosexual.

At which point during the transition does the changeover take place.

As one’s gender identity is a mental state, is it possible that a transgender person can switch (or slide along the rainbow) from male identity to female identity upon receiving the appropriate stimulus.

Could the person then switch (or slide) back to male identity upon receiving another appropriate stimulus or by removal of the original (male to female) stimulus.

If the appropriate stimulus were for the person to become fully dressed as the other gender then the person who has transitioned from male to female without need for HRT or GRS could be deemed to be heterosexual if their sexual preference changes along with their gender.

With the right logic, one plus one can equal anything you want it to be.

I think I am straight but anyone could prove me wrong if they tried.

Hugs to all

Sheryl

Anonymous

‘Is it possible for a man who has the urge to dress as a woman to be straight?’
      Answer: Yes absolutely! There are crossdressers who are gay and those who are straight….and a good number who just aren’t sure : )
      I carried out a considerable amount of research for a book ‘Men Can Wear Dresses Too’ and discovered that of around 7,000 crossdressers surveyed over 100 year period between 65% – 75% stated they were heterosexual.

Sheryl,

I basically want to put a finer point to what you are saying, labeling someone as whatever is truly irrelevant it is just a way that society tries to wrap its head around the non “traditional”…  don’t get me started historically on that… point of view that (man likes woman= Heterosexual), (Man likes Man or Woman likes Woman = Homosexual). Beyond that lets call the rest elephants, it’s just some way to pigeon whole someone’s gender identity so they can pretend to understand how that person feels. It is wrong, but until society realizes there are to many grey lines, which will never happen, people will always have to have a label or it doesn’t make sense. Awesome post luv, thank you!!!!

Codille

Anonymous

As a straight male I once thought that only gays would dress in women’s clothing without putting that label on myself.I dressed in private and thought that I was”ok”.I am proud to say that I am working on putting that mindset behind me and even though I am not attracted to men I do have to admit that I have met and seen cd’s that were extremely attractive. I am taking baby steps in my choice to dress en femme and even though  I have not gone out in public fully dressed yet,I look forward to that day.To those of us who are married and whose wives support them I say God Bless you and never forget how lucky you are.

Hi Zoe, yes it is possible to be a crossdresser and straight. Like many CDs I am married and have grown up children. reading alot of material about crossdressing seems to agree with the fact that many cross dressers are straight married men. At the end of the day be whoyou want to be and who you are comfortable being.

Anonymous

i have been dressing for years and am straight as an arrow. Don’t ever let people make you feel you are somthing you’re not

Anonymous

As a male I’m 100% heterosexual. I’m not attracted to men whatsoever even though I do recognize attractiveness in men. However, as Sylvia the idea of being with a man doesn’t seem to be at odds with my previous statement. I guess that as Sylvia I’m still heterosexual but then from a female perspective. I’m not sure how I will respond to men approaching me as that has never happened so far. Changes are this will happen eventually as I’m looking forward to visit TV/CD friendly bars and parties. Somehow being with a women (when I’m Sylvia) seems more strange than being with a man.   I don’t think that makes the male me a homosexual or bi-sexual. If I have to name it I would call it schitzofrenic.

skippy:

In response to your Oct 14 posting I still dress and go out but I don’t involve her. I get ready and leave. However I do give her advance notice when I plan on going out and where.

Anonymous

What I have learned about myself during my journey of cross dressing is that a totally straight male can become what I call a transsexual lesbian. Too clarify as a male I have no interest in men. I look at GS girls for their fashion, makeup, hairstyle and how I would look dressed like them. However when dressed and in the company of other cross dressers I have an excilerarting urge to be with that person and have had a wonderful experience doing so. Though not gay as the situation is defined, I am certainly a transsexual lesbian and happy I discovered that other me!

Well Zoe, my feeling is that I am more bi/gay although I tend to like males.
      But i do like to look at females that are attractive. So, being Bi/gay I have the best of two worlds even though i would prefer and cd or another male . I have been dressing since my early teens. Hope this is an answer for you.

Stacey S.

Anonymous

All careful research articles (university, medical, psychological) state that the majority of male crossdressers are straight with the crossdressing gay population to be essentially the same as would be found in the total male population.  But, Zoe, take to heart the first printed reply.  Labels can be so limiting in describing a person.

Molly

Anonymous

Reading the responses here I would say a majority of the cd’s on this site are straight.  Go to tumblr & the majority of cd’s are full blown gay (the ‘sissy’ world on tumblr is astounding)

me

Every person’s journey is unique so stereotyping is not all that accurate.  While I’ve had a number of male on male encounters, very few of which were satisfying,  most of my homosexual encounters while ‘en femme’ have been very satisfying…….I’m married & very deep in the closet so they are very few  & far between so I try to make the most of them……..

Its true that it is very common for cross dressers to be hetero; sexuality and gender are completely different. I was confused with this before and now i realize I’m attracted to femininity no matter the gender. Don’t rush to label yourself =]

I sill dress, just not when she is around. I do dress when she is home but then go out. I don’t push it into her. She cannot cope with it and wants no part of it right now

Anonymous

Yes. I have always loved women, their look, gentle manners, and to be with intimately. I have never seen men that way. I started dressing at age 7 way before puberty so the desire to dress feminine has been engrained into who I am, and will never stop. Been married a long time and love my wife the bone. I hope all of you find peace in your life where ever you are on the transgender spectrum, happy trails.

Rachel

Anonymous

It is such a very good question and it sounds like a lot of us have had very similar thoughts, e.g. why am I doing this ? , what am I ? , my own personal conclusion is we are transgender girls, that can encompass all of of the different sexual preferences. For myself, I’ve decided to be not interested in romance for awhile(just been hurt badly) and just concentrate on being a good person to others. I’ll know if I want to put myself out there in the future.
      I love Scarlett, Millicent, Kelly, Holly, Codille and Maxine’s answers x

Khloe West
      Duchess

I’m pretty much on board with @scarlettnorthern as ID’ing as lesbian. Nice to know there are others around.

Love to hear more. There are times that my wife treats it as a foregone conclusion that I may transition fully, but at the present moment, I can’t see that.

Toyed with the idea of HRT in the future, but not so concerned with a preference as performance. Girly as I can get, I still rather like my “boy bits”.

K

Anonymous

I too thought that I was gay in thoughts, but never could do the deeds.  I attempted a couple of times to be with a male, but I always backed away.  My closest was when my wife took me to a gay bar and watched as a big burly guy tried to pick up on me.  I was dressed real sluty by my wife, and she was enjoying my humiliation and fear as a sissy.  Of course she saved me by grabbing my arm and hustling me out the bar door.

lol..im happily hetero!…but i do love wearing my bra and forms with a cami!..happily married and yes she knows;washes my girl things!…im sooo lucky that she understands this ‘need’ of mine..she has bought me cami’s and a bra n panties, so there is acceptance there!..still have a beard so not going out in public in full dress anytime soon!!..lol

I’m a very happily married heterosexual. I think that the reason I love to dress is from when I first started. I would do the usual teenage stuff while dressed and it’s just kind of always been a way to release for me. So I believe it’s possible to be straight and a crossdresser.

Anonymous

I find your answer totally acceptable. When i dress i switch modes and want to please men and give them what they like. No games just tell me what you want and i will please them anyway i can. But once the women’s clothes come off and i switch again and I’m not interested in men i prefer women. Strange…

I love dressing as a woman but I have.never thought of myself of gay or bi I enjoy women’s company and am only attracted to women so I believe you can according to statistics the majority of crossdressers are straight I have been cross dressing for years and won’t stop I am still in the closet because of my two sons only my late wife and a couple of female friends know about my secret and they are cool about it l have been out with them a couple of times dressed as my alter ego and when we’ve been out like that they call me Patricia but they know I am strictly straight

absolutely! I’ve been dressing on and off (no pun intended!) from around the age of 13 onwards but I’m completely 1000& per cent hetrosexual.

“a totally straight male can become what I call a transsexual lesbian. Too clarify as a male I have no interest in men. I look at GS girls for their fashion, makeup, hairstyle and how I would look dressed like them.”

This perfectly sums up my position as well.

My understanding of being gay is “if you are attracted to men and want to be in bed with them for sexual act” then you are gay.

I am not at all attracted to men as I consider  pretty attractive male myself (been told all the time by men and women alike)… but strangely, when I dress up, I want to be treated like a woman. It’s like my mind changes to be a complete woman. Having said that, still I do not fantasize to be in bed with a man… Stranger… I find it.

I have always been more attracted to Lesbians and wish my wife was Bi… She is straight and does not like the idea of being a lesbian. I have seen many TS/Shemales and I love feminine Shemales/Ladyboys. Which again goes back to the definition above that I am only attracted to Feminine people/Females. I have had sex with TS/Ladyboy 2-3 times and all those were females in all aspects except for the additional tool they had. I do enjoy Strapon sex with my wife… Who once in a while obliges me with it.

Am I gay… I think not but if someone says I am gay coz of my Strapon sex… Who cares. I still don’t like men to get intimate with. I consider myself as Translesbian as someone suggested me once and I am pretty ok with it.

Anonymous

Monika,
      I agree totally with you. Men, no but CD/TG I’m in. I would love the chance to be with a shemale/ lady boy. Sounds like a good time.

Absolutely Zoe!  It’s certainly not only possible, but probable.  I’ve seen countless polls & studies that show that the vast majority of guys who are crossdressers are in fact straight.  People often confuse gender and sexual orientation thinking that they are somehow connected.  Some people view the fact that a guy who likes to dress as a woman must be doing it to attract other guys.  While this may be true for some, it’s certainly not the case for all.

That being said, there is no absolute answer on this.  There is a variable alphabet soup of labels one can place on themselves in the CD/TG/LGBTQ world, so saying that there is one concrete answer on this is simply not possible.

Bottom line, don’t focus on all the labels.  All of us should just love who we love regardless if we are wearing baggy boy jeans or that super cute dress and matching heels we love so much!  🙂

<3  Lauren

dw6235
      Lady

Yes it is possible clothes don’t make you a man or woman it’s your sexuality that makes straight ,bi, gay, lesbIan clothes are jjust a way to express who you are clothes shouldn’t be associated with men or female it is just what you prefer to wear on that day

Agreed, completely hetero sexual (father of 7 children) but fancy being a lesbian.

What does “straight” really mean? The more I look at labels the less I support them. It’s just linguistic pigeonholing. You are alive and you have a right to be happy and unless it’s lowering the quality of someone else’s life, you have the right to walk the path that makes you happiest.

As for the question, I don’t think that straight, gay, man or woman actually exist other than as byproducts of fear or ignorance. Everyone sits somewhere on the beautiful rainbow of life.

Peace, Erin x

Absolutely! No question about it!. I’m a completely 100% hetrosexual male. Very attracted to (and always will be) to women. I’ve also, when dressed, have toyed with the idea of being a male lesbian. This excites me to a certain degree as I usually have lesbian thoughts and fantasies.

A female friend of mine once asked me the question, “What gender do you think your sexuality is?” or something to that effect.

Interesting question indeed.

But, yes. A guy who dresses as a woman can most deffinately be  straight (i.e. hetrosexual)

I have a deep love and respect for women and what they have to do in life to succeed as females, and it’s not all roses . . . (periods – cramps – ebb and flow of weight – expectations of men) I am totally enamoured with the beauty and gracefulness most ladies (not just women) are blessed with. From the time they are babies, they are showered with frilly lacy clothes and decor that set the stage for them to appreciate the finer more delicate things in this world.

We “boys”, who admire and actually long for, the feminine culture and experience, perhaps feel short changed in our “grow up” time being corralled into manhood, kicking and screaming while we sneak into mom or sis’s closets and underwear drawer,s smelling of sache and flowery scents of perfume laden dresses, etc., to feel the sensations of silky panties, garters and nylon stockings. slips, pantyhose and all the close body skimming skirts and dresses we could absorb.

Wow, just imagining, back in those day, how exciting it would have been to learn to put on make up properly and decorate our little girl like body’s with the adornments of a lady, just sends my mind reeling through a “high” that nothing else brings to my life. I still recall bathing and tucking my little “thingy” between my legs and looking down at that oh so adorable V down there and wishing I could just push it back inside and make it turn into the female version.

I couldn’t have been more than 5 or 6 then, while inspired by my mom’s bridge gals, who with no idea what I was doing, allowed me under their tables as I stared under their tight pencil skirts at where their shapely legs slightly spilled out above their stocking tops, held by pretty, frilly lace garters. The sight of their girdles or just panties for the slimmer (sexier to me) sent my head spinning and my hands busy under those tables as I worked to press my stiffness down and in between my slim little squeezed together smooth thighs. I would spend a couple of hours crawling beneath those tables, driving my little race car from table to table until inevitably I would begin to experience this wonderful warm tickling in my abdomen and cute little “thingy” that literally paralyzed me until it passed. I had no idea what it was, but I now realize that I was having no touch orgasms as I dreamt of wearing all those lovely underthings my moms friends were wearing under their skirts. I never really fixated on their breasts, but did love wearing my sisters bra and just rubbing it all over my body hoping it would turn me into the girl I wanted to be.

I spent every minute I could playing about in my sisters skirts, blouses, panties and shoes while she played with our neighbor girl. I loved slipping her patent leather mary janes on my slim little feet while wearing a pair of her ruffly ankle sock that were so thin and pretty. I had many episodes similar to my under the table escapades just getting fully arrayed in her clothes.

Eventually, as I became more and more dependent on wearing girly things, I wanted to know more about the equipment I didn’t have but desperately wanted. My family regularly went on 2 or 3 hour car rides to visit friends and relatives, so my sis and I began exploring each other in the back seat while tucked under a blanket with pillows and such. It was the most amazing thing at maybe 7 or 8 to have her take my hand and slip it under her dress and touch her panties then feel a slight dampness permeate them between her long legs. She was 2 years older than I and till that night I had only seen little glimpses of her “cookie”. I can still remember the smooth silkiness of this wetness when she pulled her panties to the side and slipped my fingers onto her bare vagina. I was reeling with sexual excitement . . . not because I wanted to have sex with her . . . because I wanted one of my own to slip my fingers in and share with others . . . especially other girls . . . even then.

Things escalated over a few years a she arrived at puberty and began sprouting breasts and a lovely little patch of fine, sparse hair over her lady-ness. I was a very late bloomer, so until I sprouted my own patch, we would feverishly play with one another even at home when the folks were away. It got so far as her allowing me to taste her and stick my finger a little inside and all the while just dreaming oh having my own. I would lie between her legs belly down and squeeze my legs together and press myself into her mattress covered with silky satin sheets. I would experience that same feeling from the table days and would imagine myself dripping the slippery juices from between my legs in my pretend cookie.

One weekend our cousin, who was a fully developed teenager, probably 15, came to visit with her folks. They would hang out in my sisters bedroom listening to records or the radio and doing each others make up an hair . . . I was so jealous of their creative abandon with each other. Just around bedtime on Saturday night, know that she would be leaving the next day, I made my push to play with them and have them dress me up a s a girl. I said, “I bet I would be just as pretty as you two if I had a that make up and hair.” They agreed and began their work to transform me into a cute young lady! Wow . . . I thought under the table was great! I was so excited as they put eyeliner and foundation with lipstick and bluch – mascara . . . I was in heaven! I was also so excited down there that my little “thingy” began to drip a clear liquid that made a wet spot in my underpants. Was I actually becoming a girl by doing this . . . It seemed that way. When they decided to dress me in all the finery my sis had stored in her closet for a couple of years back, training bra, Day of the Week silky panties, a cute little flounce skirt and top in bright fuscia and white flowers, I couldn’t contain my femininity any longer . . . that was what pushed me over the edge, not just wishing I was a girl, but, spending as much time like that as I could. I loved feeling like a pretty, desirable girl.

During the transformation, my cousin couldn’t help but notice and comment on my drippy little thingy and how cute it was . . . she asked if she could touch it, and of course, immediately said yes. I was about to have my first sexual encounter while dressed up as a girl . . . We spent what seemed like hours, touching and stroking and licking each other as girls. I was a bit surprised at the incredible bush my cousin had between her super soft and shapely legs. Her musty but sweet scent was so exciting as I pushed my made up face into her and began to kiss and lap her with my tongue. The feeling of her wetness on my lipstick and the tastes were beyond description. While I languished between her legs not wanting to ever stop, she pulled my bace up to reveal he large breasts and large erect nipple. I kissed and suckled on it as I left traces of my lipstick on her pink areola. She liked that so much, she actually put more lipstick on me and I just about burst. My sis was massaging her and putting her fingers up inside her as my cousin urged her to go deeper holing her wrist and pushing it up inside her. While all this was happening, my cousin asked me if I wanted to “put it in her” . . . I looked up at her with eager surprise and she kissed my lips and opened her mouth. I wasn’t sure what to do as I was only about 10 or 11 so I did the same and she slipped her tongue in between my lips. My sister took hold of me down there as my cousin laid back on the bed and we put it in her . . . I just kept imagining me being the girl and it seemed as if my “thingy” just melded into a vagina. It felt like she was inside of me . . . not me in her. I was still not in puberty so when I had my first orgasm inside a girl, I was dreaming I was a girl. I was kind of confused by all of this for a while, and just remember that this was the best I had ever felt doing anything in my life so far.

From then on, I spent as much time as I could, alone in my room, playing with my sisters make up and clothes that, I just was living to do that.

Still today, I so enjoy myself enfem. I married 3 times and my 3rd wife accepted the dressing and “lesbian” fun we would have together. I have always seen myself as a heterosexual who love the erotic feeling of changing roles and feeling like a woman, without all the female issues. I kind of hid behind my man self while I really wanted to be a woman.

Today, I find myself surfing through various website, looking for other trans girls who are in various stages of intimacy with themselves and other trans girls. I spent 10 days in New England a couple of years ago and was surfing a trans blog. I found a young gurl who was eager to experience another trans gurl romantically. I finally drove to her apartment at 3:00 AM to meet her and teach her how to do her make up. Needless to say, I found myself so aroused putting shadow and mascara and foundation, lip gloss and blush on us both, I couldn’t help but kiss her. She said she had never been kissed romantically before, and I made sure to show her the best make out session I could give her. We shared each others thoughts and bodies for hours that night and for me, I still long to give and receive that romantic feeling. Having sex as a woman for the first time in 30+ years with her was such a wonderfully exciting experience, I cannot help but want it again.

So, on the topic of most crossdressers being hetero or bi or gay, I can attest to the fact that after living a totally hetero life style for years, I now want to have the “lesbian only” sexual encounter with another trans girl, but struggle with the issue of cheating on my wife. I don’t feel guilty about what I have done, but I do have reservations about having further intentional trans affairs without her knowing. If I tell her, she will never accept what I have done, so I am stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Anonymous

Absolutely sexuality is separate from gender and our sex. I have never been with a man (being male myself) the thought makes my skin crawl. I have only ever been attracted to women. I have been married for 25 years and we have two sons. My wife has been total care for the last 7 years I am a sole faithful caregiver but hope to find a new partner when she is gone a woman who enthusiastically accepts all of who I am. I told my wife 7 years into our marriage we had 18 wonderful years together before things began to go horribly wrong for her…Alzheimer’s beginning at age 49.

I am a 72 year ol CDer and I can tell you from long experience that by far the majority of CDers are Hetero.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I’ve been wearing stockings and pantyhose since I was 4. I began buying my own pantyhose at 13. Iwore pantyhose out openly with shorts at 17 and dressed fully fem at 18. I love my lady clothes and I love being Patty, but I’m definitely hetero.

Candi
      Lady

This is a great topic. I am straight but love dressing as a woman and fantasize about being a gf. I often wonder who I am dressing for since I have no interest in attracting males and my wife us not particularly intetested in my femme self.

Most definitely!  I love being MacKenzie for many reasons, and these reasons continue to grow as I continue to explore and grow as MacKenzie.  That being said, however, I am madly in love with one woman and am attracted to only woman.  I may embrace my femininity in many ways, but sexually I only desire one person – my wonderful wife.

Anonymous

Everyone is different but dressing as a female makes me feel sublimely homosexual.  I have been bisexual all my adult life, married and yes in the closet.  I love the female form & female beauty, style and nudity but as my cross dressings has developed & matured it is very erotic to be dressed and intimate with an admiring male.  Many straight men would who never consider having sex with another male are very turned on by CD males and would very much like to be intimate with a sexy femme cross dressing male……

Anonymous

Absolutely.  I have been married for 40 years, and my wife and I have been completely faithful to each other all that time.  Even when I was significantly younger and thought there was something wrong with me because I like to wear women’s clothes (remember there was no internet then and revealing who you were meant opening a Pandora’s box that cloud never be closed) I had no interest in being intimate with a man.

Becky
      Lady

I would agree that when I am dressed I would say I am bisexual. I never had the experience and am not attracted to men. When dressed I am attracted to transexuals and transvestites. I fantasize about being with one of them.

Good question. From what I’ve read and just talking on this site it would seem close to 90% of cross dressers ARE straight. Numbers seem consistent. Just my thoughts.

Hugs
      Donna

Anonymous

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I would also say definitely YES girls. Even ad Tracey I have no desire to be with a man. Would that change if I was dressed in a comfortable environment, with a little alcohol etc? I don’t know but for now I wouldn’t entertain the idea xx</p>

Anonymous

i agree i’m am pangender all these diferent lables that we attach or try to attach to ourselves has kept me confused and frustrated most of my life i enjoy beeing intamate with all genders it’s not gay or bi or hetro. it’ the joy of sharing a intamate moment with another soul my wife shares the feeling these exprences when done right are the ultimate high. many hugs Rhae.

Anonymous

Well I’ve read the reply to my question and i think large percentage of crossdressers who are straight would like to have sex with a woman when thay are dressed, i know that’s my fantasy, buti i want to perform the sex act as close to how a woman would. But the majority of women would think it disgusting, so we sometimes turn to our ownkind. It dosnot mean mean we are gay or anything else. I just prprefer woman.

Anonymous

I disagree, when dressed i would love to have an affair with another CD who is dressed. Does that make us gay or just excited and happy?

Anonymous

thank you for your post this is an awsome comunity peace Rhae

Anonymous

Hi I’m Stephenie and yes it possible to be straight because thats the way I am. So far I have found 3 woman who accept me the way I am and I have told each of them about me. Being honest with them is the best way to go about it.

Anonymous

Yes. I love dressing up, but do not fancy men. I think that I must love women so much, I want to be one, if only for a short while. Having joined a few different forums, I can be attracted to other T-Girls too, but I don’t think that makes me ‘gay.’ I could probably fool around with another dressed ‘gyrl’ but they would have to be wearing women’s clothes & also somewhat passable. The illusion of another ‘woman’ would have to be strong.

I found myself the same way. Although I wish I had the courage to do that! Inspiration, nonetheless though!

Of course it’s possible to be straight and wish to dress. I am a married, straight, heterosexual cd who loves to dress in women’s clothes. My wife unfortunately, does not share my hobby. She know that I like to dress but will not join in. I am NOT interested in men and never will be. Even when I’m with other cd’s, I don’t fancy them. I’d rather be in a woman’s. Ompany whilst dressed but that will not happen. I have 5 children and tw are pregnant with grandchildren. So yes, you can’t dress and be straight.
      Hugs to all
      Gina xx

Those who replied that hetero CDs are far in the majority are right on! In fact the latest information shows roughly 80% are “straight” and the remaining 20% are either Bi or only Gay. Personally I had thought the percent was more like 90% until I learned that some 10% who believed that were straight began to have doubts along their journey – later confirming for themselves that they were Bi. Many of the members of the so-called CD dating clubs began by testing the waters with other CDs. And yes, some found it wasn’t an attraction.

Over the years hundreds of CDs have contributed to my Blogs, now at 74, that include discussions on this topic. Go to http://www.neverclimbedhismountain.com and click on Blogs.

Julie

Hello all,

I am new here and this is my first posting.I am a married crossdresser who has been dressing since very young.I to am hetrosexual and can say I have never fancied another man or another crossdresser.I am very happy and comfortable with my sexuality.I just love to dress as a female every now and again.

very best to all

Deborah x

I would say that most MTF CD are heterosexual. Even if one fantasizes about being bi when dressed up.

It also seems that the main concern about CD’s wives is that they will think that they are gay or bi or not into them anymore. That is not true. I am totally attracted to my wife and I wish she would be more open to the whole CD concept. She’s not into it and does not know about my CDing.

One of my fantasizes is being totally dressed up as Stephanie and going out with my wife as “girlfriends.” A girl can dream…

Lynn
      Lady

hi Zoe

I love to crossdress as Lynn and I’ve have been doing this since I was very young. I also wondered if I was gay or bi and couldn’t figure out why I had I very deep urges to crossdress. That is until I came across a post on one of the web sights I visited and someone posted; I am not gay nor am I bi….. I am in love with women and their clothes. And for me that made sense and the reason I crossdress and now my wife has just discovered my passion and she ok with it and wants to help me with my makeup and dressing so I don’t have t keep it a secret any longer. I hope this helps. Lynn

Depending on the definition for straight.  In my case, once I am in my feminine self, I think and behave like any  woman, so having sex with a man is “straight” for me.

Like most of us here I think, I’m difficult to pigeonhole.   As a male I’m entirely enraptured by and turned on by women.  When I’m dressed or even in a femme mindset and fantasizing, I get quite turned on by imagining myself dressing for a man… not at all because I am attracted to a male sexually,  but because it seems so erotic to imagine a man relating to me as a woman.  I can just imagine being able to feel flirty and seductive and knowing a guy would respond to my feminine charms.  I don’t know if I’ll ever actually get over my nervousness and explore, or whether it will stay in the fantasy realm…. enticing though.  FWIW, I heard from a therapist many years ago that one can’t fool their fantasies..  If you fantasize about it and it aroused you… that’s what you are.  So.. does that mean I’m bi?   I’m not going to worry about categories..  I have way too much self-acceptance and awareness to evolve through just now to put names to it all.

yep. most crossdressers are straight as a matter of fact.

Lynn
      Lady

Hi, my name is Lynn. For so many years I also wondered if I was gay because I love cross dressing in secret. I would sit there all dressed and saying to myself, what am I doing ? I’m I gay ?  But when I would start to watch two guys making out in porn I knew that I “was not” attracted to men. This made me more confused on why I had this urge to cross dress in women’s clothes. That is until I came a cross someone’s profile that stated that they were a cd but they were not gay or bi or even attracted to men, simple they loved women and their clothes and for me that made a lot of sense.  Recently my wife found out about my cross dressing after 7yrs of marriage and to my surprise she was ok with it and wished that I had told her sooner, but I explained to her that my cross dressing ended my first marriage because she thought I was gay and didn’t understand why I cross dressed if I wasn’t gay. Now my present wife is helping me with my makeup and clothing choices and I think has made our marriage more stronger. So yes, Is it possable for a man who has the urge to dress as a woman to be straight. I hope this helps .

Sincerely,

Lynn

Anonymous

A gay friend of mine once told me that it was who you fell in love with not who you would have sex with that determines whether you are gay or straight.  I love women; not men.  Like some of the other ladies here, I fantasize about alluring a man (and it takes a lot of imagination) as a woman, but it seems more like validation of me as a female rather than anything romantic.   I am married and love my wife deeply.   Dressing as a woman is a way of identifying myself with that which I love and frankly allows me a chance to wear much more interesting clothing.  There is almost a ritual in shopping and dressing as a woman that seems to be completely missing from male attire.

Yes, Research has shown that most males who cross dress are heterosexual. I am…..until I get dressed. Then what I want, is to be taken as a woman in  every way. Identified with and made love to as. Not as a man in women’s clothes. I don’t feel attracted to men physically, just that it is an extension of me as a woman to want to enjoy sex with a man. To give a man pleasure as a woman and receive pleasure from him. Am I therefore gay? I am sexually attracted to women as a man. Also as a woman. Am I a closet lesbian? Confused? So am I. If I find that I can fulfill my fantasies, I will let you know. No man has yet accepted me as a woman. I appreciate how women feel about men just wanting a quick bang. That is very unsexy. That at least has come out of exploring my female side. I am attracted to the thought of a loving caring guy to share my femaleness, in  every way. I live in hope… Joanne

carrie
      Lady

yes there are a lot of crossdressers who are not gay or bi,i happen to be a bi crossdresser and have been since the age of 12

Maria Darlov (KGB)
      Managing Ambassador

Yes. I consider myself wholeheartedly straight. I love women, love the female body. I was married for 28 years to my best friend and soulmate. She was and always will be the love of my life. She is the reason I shave my legs daily, it was a major turn on for her. I lost her last year to a heart attack. I was devastated.

I have always had the desire to dress in women’s clothing as far back as I can remember. Whenever I was alone at home, I would put on her dresses and underwear and walk around. After she passed, I realized I needed to indulge my desire and began purchasing my own famine attire, after all, hers didn’t quite fit, especially the shoes.

Now, since I’ve joined this site and posted pictures of myself, I’m beginning to question my feelings. I have men, even though they are crossdressers, they still spend most of their time as males, flirting with me and telling me what a beautiful and sexy woman I am. I find myself flirting back, and enjoying it very much. Turned on even. I’m not sure how to process this.

For the time being, I intend to continue as before, and just enjoy the pleasure and happiness this brings me. Thank you Crossdresser Heaven for bringing joy back into my life.

Hi im jackie.

It true straight men dress in wemons clothes.  Im one who loves to wear sexy lingerie. Only at home alone. I sometimes wear them under my male clothes when im out. And im married.  Again. 2 of 3 wife’s new an even liked me dressed it panties, bras  garters, nylons, nighties.  I love it to. I have some sexy things that i wear when im alone and in the mood. i dont wear makeup or wigs. Im not attracted to men at all, but thats me. So yes it true. Injoy it,  we do.

Yes. I am straight and love women.

I found out that the urge to dress as a woman started early in life. I never understood it until I found out that others are effected this way as well. Thanks to forums like this I understand my situation.

Also the vast majority of cross dressers are heterosexual like myself.

I look at the urge as an outing of my feminine side, which we all have. With some it comes out more strongly. My feminine side is very strong but I am still a manly gent.

The urge to dress comes and goes. It was strongest when I was very young.

However as I age I seem to want to dress and act like a woman more and more. If I could dress all of the time as a woman I would. But not feasible.

So that’s my two cents worth.

The older I get the more like a lady I want to be.

But, yes, as I grow older the urge to dress has become much stronger.

Brianna
      Lady

Yes, it is possible. At work, or most anywhere else, I am straight. I do consider myself bisexual, since I like being with bisexual men, bi couples, or crossdressers. However, I prefer, and always been attracted to women. Having said that, I do like to dress up, and become very naughty as a woman. Thinking of all the fun women have, when being with a man. So, when I wear panties, bras, lingerie, bikinis, etc…….My thoughts are how hot and sexy I feel.

Viewing 97 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Archived Replies To: Is it possible for a man who has the urge to dress as a woman to be straight.’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?