Viewing 18 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I only play one online game, been playing Ultima Online for 18 years.  But most of the characters I have are female.  I have the token male characters on one shard.  Shards are broke down across the world, with some in Europe, several across the time zones of the USA, and several overseas in Japan, SE Asia, and Down Under.  With todays age of mine oldest account I am able to play all of these shards, but can only have a house on your main shard you call home.  My main characters that I use for battles are Tamers, most have huge ancient dragons as guardians, my home shard I have my crafters, tailor, smith etc..

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

I have an Oculus Quest 2 VR headset that I play a few games on line with.

Currently I play Population: One, Zenith:The last City, and Beat Saber all with female avatars or characters.

Have fun out there!

xoxo

Rayna

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Voted no.  But if I ever get around to buying one of the titles from The Sims or GTA, I’d play a female character.

Anonymous
      Lady

I really appreciate this poll. I played as a female characters for years, except now I know why I do so. It was something that I questioned and thought about as an adult, and it helped me understand myself and my feminine side. I played as Clover in Payday 2, Lilith in Borderlands, Mrs. Foster in Killing Floor 2, of course Lara in Tomb Raiders, and even when there is an option for character customization I create a female character, like for Aliens: FireTeam Alpha, or The Division 2.

This reminds me of 2 instances that I feel like sharing. When I was in college (this was almost 2 decades ago) I went over to a friends place  to play their PS2. It was my friend and his GF, and we had just finished Gautlet: Seven Sorrows with me playing as the Valkyrie. This time they had rented Harry Potter. I didn’t care so much for the game (or Hermione), but when we started choosing our characters. my friends GF chose Ron. She was a big HP fan, so I was like, “hey don’t you want to play as Hermione?”, and she said, “no, I’m leaving her for you, coz I know how you like playing as the female characters”. We laughed it off, but I definitely felt a bit exposed and embarressed.

On another occasion, around the same time I was playing Gunz: The Duel online with a bunch of guys across campus. I created a female character called FireStar. Back in the day I was a bit of a gamer, so I was on top of the leaderboard and getting noticed. When guys found out it was me, in the chat box, there were a lot of “why are you playing with a chick?” or “nice a$$”, TBH most of the comments were sexist. I eventually created a male character called StarFire. When I think about it now, back then there was so much judgment when you did small things like that…it really made me build up my defenses and probabaly didn’t help me understand myself until much later in life.

Thankfully, it didn’t stop me from playing as a female characater. During the pandemic, I played as Senua in Hellblade and I loved living through her in that game. 🙂

Yes, in most games. Recent ones I can think of are GTA V and Cyberpunk 2077, both of my characters are as sassy as hell!

V x

Play several female characters when playing Call Of Duty. I have a few male avatars but I get a 2:1 friend request with female avatars! I don’t use a male or female name for my characters either. If they only knew!

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for your post.
      Hope you’re having a wonderful weekend.

I have been playing Destiny for the last eight years, even run my own clan. My main character is a dude and my two alternate characters have always been female.

For me, it was an expression of my feminine side, but most of the guys that I play with say they use a female character because they are more agile and easier to maneuver…mmhhmm right! 😂😂

xoxo

Erica😘

ChloeC
      Duchess

Hi, Michelle, I mentioned this recently, I believe, but this is a more specific question so I’ll sort of expound upon it. Some years ago when 2<sup>nd</sup> life was still quite popular, I logged on as a female character, made the jump across the valley, walked into the town, and within minutes I was hit on.  I stopped right there and never went back.

However, before that even, I joined an online RPG site that was based on the very popular books (and movies) by a quite well-known author (yes, Tolkien). We were encouraged (well you sort of had to) to take on the persona of a fictional character based on the theme of the books, locations and story lines. The people sort of in charge took on the roles of the more well-known characters, but everyone else just made up one choosing a particular ‘race’.  There were sections or houses or areas where you could create a character who resided in that location as well as interacted with others, in character.

It was online but of course just a text based environment, but each person was encouraged to become deeply involved in their character, and there were a number of specially created games in which you could actively participate. I even ran some of the games as well as taking on the responsibility of welcoming newcomers in our area and helping them acclimate to the site (including becoming a ‘housemother’ of sorts).  And I became a moderator for one of the nonRPG sections of the site (this was the Book Lore section where serious discussions were held regarding all the author’s writings as well as other books about the subject).

I have no idea if everyone accepted me as a female behind that female character, I think most if not all did, and there were some male characters that seemed rather chauvinistic in how they interacted with me (and iirc, I was occasionally supported in those disagreements by other apparent female characters). There was also a site wide contest based on the ‘Idol’ TV show where if you entered you had to create various written responses to organizers prompts and they were posted. Based on my entries, in the prelim rounds I was voted by members of my particular section (there were about 8 sections) to represent it in the final competition. I didn’t win the overall title but seeing some of the comments that became public, I think I might have been close to winning, and I got some rather interesting support from a person held in high regard who I greatly admired.

The admins of the site changed over time having different reasons and desires as to how they wanted to handle the moderator positions, I had been on for seven or eight years slowly losing interest but still posted on occasion, and then the site got attacked and corrupted and went down for several years. It’s back but just a shell of itself.  But I still have access…as my female persona and still get on sometimes.

Hugs, ChloëC

As ChloeC said earlier, similarly I started playing Second Life and it took about an hour before a guy invited me to a private island. Being naive in terms of the game I went along and I’ll be honest I was quite shocked when I got there. I told him we should get to know each other first (I know, I know) and he seemed quite taken aback. The clothes and shoes are something else though, so I may go back to it now I know what to expect x

I voted yes. I’ve played mostly female characters since my table top AD&D days. I do occasionally create token male characters, but rarely play them that long. Star Wars the Old Republic is the last game any male characters became higher levels. I don’t worry about people finding out I’m male as I’ll freely admit that if asked.

I’ve been playing D&D since the seventies. As DM I played all genders and races freely. When asked to join a game I played a CDing male halfling, a cursed Pirate who changed from male 2 female when stressed, and several others. Currently, I am a 4th LVL Female Paladin tank. first into battle, protecting the party members but always female.

Revel
      Baroness

Hi Michelle,

I voted “yes” because I have in the past, but only briefly at a neighbor’s place. I’m in the minority here, but I normally don’t play online video games. I prefer to play games offline, or older video games. I grew up playing video games in the arcade so I have a collection of retro video games, and I love beat em up games! However, I do have a PS4 and Nintendo Switch Lite that I really like. Keep gaming! 😉

Revel

Anonymous

I accepted who I am because of my female characters in Video games. In most if not all games I play, I am female and Alla is the name I chose(sometimes Gwyndolyn). Right before the pandemic, I picked up Animal Crossing, I played a female, and the best part for me was going to the clothing shop and trying on new clothes, primarily feminine. Right after that I told a friend and started to buy a new wardrobe. I know it may sound strange that a video game had this much impact, but it did, and I am thankful.

I don’t play online games too much as some of the other players can get quite hot headed.

However, when I did play, I played Killing Floor 2 (kf2), one of my fave games.  You get to choose your merc, and I picked Rae Higgins.   So online, people would see me as Rae, and what I found out quickly is that the game picked up your Steam avatar so it would display taylor swift in the game as my av.

The other game I used to play online was left 4 dead/left 4 dead 2.  If the game had 3 players then you would be assigned the last character.  So times it would be male and other times it would be female.  But when I was assigned Zoe, I was stoked as she was one of the female characters in the game.

Well that’s it girls I am hopelessly addicted to Second Life and all the niche adult places one can visit. The attention you get is frankly ridiculous, but on the plus side these guys are in these specific clubs/places for one reason and one reason alone, so at least there isn’t the breaking it to them at the last possible moment thing. Plus, who doesn’t want loads of attention? :}

Anonymous

I love playing online games here lately I’ve been on a pretty big kick with GTA5 on line my main character is male but I’m building my 2 character as a female my plans are to actually have her better then my main character before it’s all said and done. I don’t have a male or female gamer name. Oh I also have gotten into playing call of duty WARZONE I’m playing as a female character on that game.

I don’t play online games but I have played female characters in D&D, Runequest and other role-play games over the years.

Karen x

Hi Karen.
        You should check out second life. You get to make your avatar and then you go to all the different shops and stores to dress her and then all the different meeting places and role play how ever you like. When you get good partners it even becomes pretty real because the other Avatar is a real person too. Feelings can be very sensitive and emotional.
        I could tell you numerous stories about my relationships on there and they might have been viral but they were very real and you can even voice and change your voice from male to female in the tones you choose. It became to addicting for me so I quit but am thinking about going back. I know my AV and account are still there because I checked
        Sara

I started three months ago and i agree, it’s hopelessly addictive. No idea how to change the voice but I will look into it as it seems like an ineresting addition

You should come back and then we can go shopping, dancing and fending off men together 🙂

I played a Bi female on a game called Second Life and was truthful with any of the characters that I was a male but had often fantasized as being a female in real life. It was surprising how many women accepted me as long as I told them the truth and we roll played to that. That was a few years ago now and thinking of opening my account again and yes my name was Sara on there too.
      Sara

Table-Top gaming, I have multiple chars and different genders.  FFXIV: I only have female chars.

Julie
      Lady

I used to play second life and VRChat on my current Pc. I was female in them mainly. But my current Pc needs to be replaced though hun. I do pick female avatars in Pokemon games, in Dead By Daylight, in animal crossing, in Splatoon games and in Nintendo Switch Sports. I took my Hd Nintendo Switch mii that’s a copy of my Nintendo 3ds mii of me when Nintendo 3ds first came out. That mii is 100% male Julie when she wanted to be a male. So in Miitopia remake on Nintendo Switch sweetie. I took that male mii and made him 100% female using mii features from Mii Maker and Miitopia. I do pick Peach in Mario Party and in Mario Kart now days sometimes. Luigi’s still my main honey. I always pick D.va in OverWatch games Girlfriend! So therefore I do pick female avatars more now a days.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?