Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I was wondering where we fit in the LGBTQ spectrum?  Or should we?  Is Crossdressing a gender or sexual preference?  The women I have talked to when I am in cd assume I am gay and therefore safe.  Most of the cds I have been with are not interested in hooking up.  They just love being gurls.  Many live a cd life in seclusion. Is there a place for them?

Anonymous

While we enjoy some safety in numbers when walking under the banner “LGBTQ”, I have always felt a little out of place there because L G B and Q are all relationship/sexual preferences, and T is a gender issue. My view is, in a perfect world we would have our own daft acronym to rally us together, allied to, but not part of the LGBQ community.

Imogen

X

I personally think some of our allies actually hurt us more.  The gay community would rather us be gay.  I feel they accept us to bolster the alliance’s numbers but most wouldn’t give a crap about us.  I would rather be independent, but that would diminish what little voice we have even more.

rhonda
      Lady

I don’t believe we fit into the LGBTQ community  but we’re are close neighbors and could easily slip into community

My personal view is that they are two separate issues, a man who likes to dabble in traditionally feminine stuff can be straight, gay, bi,trans, etc. All the letters are linked to sexual orientation, so think CD would be somewhat out of place.

Don’t think our sexual orientation necessarily dictates what we like to wear, look like, or how we act. Stereotypes of effeminate gay men, butch lesbians etc portrayed historically in media TV and film has seeped into society, mistakingly linking how we look with our sexuality.

I do however love the ‘anything goes’ feel from LGBT gatherings, and Bianca would feel much more comfortable in their presence than in the presence of a predominantly heterosexual group.

Love

B

Anonymous

I don’t think we fit into any. I think we’re a mix of gay, straight, bi etc. A cross section of society. Lately when I’ve been dressed I’ve felt that I would perhaps be part of the lesbian community but who knows? We are who we are! Hugs, Tanya.

Anonymous

I think the community has to be a part of the overall spectrum including all sub-sets…..I for one am clearly a lesbian when I’m Mikki, as my partner also is a lesbian, and the only clue I have is that she acts like one……..well…………so does Mikki………..

Recently, I’ve had bi thoughts, as I’m afraid that I couldn’t resist another like me, in a private setting, but that’s maybe just fantasy or MIKKI making more demands on me.  Wouldn’t disclose that to anyone, but a persons mind wanders from time to time.

I have been married a long time, and truthfully loyal to my commitments, and this site has opened new doors to my thinking and perhaps one day I’ll venture out and see whatever the world brings to me.  I am totally free thinking and have no issues with any labels that are defining this wide spectrum. I have no phobias about disliking any expressions short of pain, hurting, abuse, etc………anything demeaning is totally abhorant to me.

Mikki

Hi Ladies.   In my opinion, we might be considered to be transitioning. Some of us do go further, most of us do not. We are sort of an intoductory phase, if anything. I don’t know if joining LGBTQ would benefit either group.  What think you…..????

Dame Veronica

Deanna Lund
      Duchess

The LGBTQ spectrum is a sexual orientation spectrum. CD’s are heterosexuals who dress in the opposite sex’s clothes. If sexual variation is also present the CD migrates to that spectrum.

Luv
      D

I seem to waffle on this poll.  From a personal perspective, I answered “currently identify” as I see myself being Transgender as I want to transition to female.  However, I think the vast majority of CD’s really do not fit into the LGBTQ community as they are heterosexual men who wish to wear female clothing….that’s it.  I think many CD’s mix with the LGBTQ community because CD’s, for the most part, are only accepted at a LGBTQ friendly place, be it a nightclub, gay bar, whatever….so that maybe causes some confusion regarding where CD’s fit within the LGBTQ category.

Thanks for your post Jennifer. I’ve struggled with this idea at times, where to belong .. since we all need support at certain times.

Every time I think about it, the idea of just being ‘Me’ takes over, and that being ‘Me’ is enough.
      I’ve wanted very much to fit into a group in the past but now I’m starting to see there’s a beauty in uniqueness … not fitting an existing template or norm.

I think the hurdle comes from us desperately wanting acceptance and support while trying to figure ourselves out. Lord knows its been a challenge for me.  Having said that, I think not having a place to fit in also provides a freedom to define ourselves without being in someone else’s shadow.

This article below has given me strength and insight, especially points #1 and #2:

https://www.cracked.com/personal-experiences-1646-7-things-you-learn-as-straight-guy-whos-crossdresser.html

Cheers

Perhaps we are part of the + of LGBTQIA+(don’t forget the intersex and A-sexual folk).

Then again trans isn’t of necessity just transsexual so perhaps we fit in thay pigeonhole.

As for myself, I tend to not want to have a label which is difficult as societydoes tend to want to put labels on people.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?