Viewing 20 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Open toe

Summer is almost here for some and so are open toe shoes. The question has probably been asked many times, but do people like the combination of open toe shoes and stockings. Does it depend upon the shoes, the stockings or even the toes.

Jen

Anonymous

Hi Jennifer,

I have always heard that hosiery with open-toe shoes was a fashion faux-pas; BUT I have seen some girls pull it off, and the fashion police are much less vocal, now. I would say if you have the toes for it (I don”t), go for it.

Hugs,
      Betylou

I hope so. I do it all time. If it is not the thing to do. I don’t care. I am going to continue to do it. Because I can.

Anonymous

I Love my nylons, and have special stockings to specifically gor OTS,Shoes. I tend to not wear soild toes and heels in the stockings with OTS. I do have a ptetty close toed Mule , that I get a chill from fully fashioned heel in view!!
      I love my nylons…sometimes I start putting an outfit together with choosing the stockings, garter belt, OBG, ETC…
      LATER LOVE….
      Dr. T.J.

I do not have any stockings but have an enormous collection of pantyhose in large selection of styles and colors that I often wear with me open toe heels all of which are 6″ and higher.

It goes beyond the pairing of the choice of hosiery and type of shoes worn. I believe it is more about how the hosiery and shoes accent or compliment the overall outfit that is important. For example, an exquisite evening dress paired with the right style and color of hosiery and heels in addition to makeup and accessories completes the “total package” which more important than looking at 1 or 2 parts individually.

Anonymous

Jenn….

If men can wear socks with sandals ( did I say that out loud???? )….

then my darling, you wear exactly what you want !!!

Grace ❤️

I will have to post a picture.  It could be the next big thing on CDH, leave the leg hair to grow in first though

love

Jen

Anonymous

wait a min men wear sandals and socks color me shock hehe as for wearing hose and sandals go for it seen many woman wearing hose and sandals looks great.

Leslie
      Lady

I have to go with Bettylou I don’t have the toes for OTS. So I don’t have an iron in the fire about this. But I prefer the look of hose with dress shoes (maybe I just love wearing hose).
      Leslie

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

Oh my, this is a loaded subject, highly opinionated and highly personalized.

I think geography plays into it too, meaning what country do you live in and again, what region of that country do you live in?  When I was stationed in Hawaii in the 1980s, flip-flops (they called them slippers) was the state-wide shoe, worn by one and all.  Rather difficult to wear pantyhose with flip-flops, but I actually did see a few people try on rare occasions.   No silly, we could not wear them with our Navy uniform.

Here in Atlanta, Georgia, after April 1st, it is virtually unheard of to see any female wearing pantyhose, except possibly for an octogenarian lady on her way to church.  So, hose with sandals?  No, it does not happen.  Night spots and classy places?  You will see girls wearing strappy high-heel sandals with bare toes and nail polish, sometimes to include toe rings and anklets.

A rare exception, female attorneys and executives will wear heels and pantyhose year round, with executive business attire.   Pumps only, of course.

All the above being said, I have been known to wear very sheer pantyhose during the cooler months, with open toe high-heels.  It kind of “winterizes” the high-heel sandals, and it is classy looking.

I recall one girl from support group, who, for whatever reason, would wear pantyhose with flat sandals, well into the warm months.  It kind of dated her, made her look a bit older for her years, but that was the style she was comfortable with.  Bless her heart!

Anonymous

I don’t do it. I don’t like the way they look. Yet, everybody has the right to wear what they please. (But you asked so…)

True, not all hosiery is created equal. If there is no reinforced toe/hell, and it is a nude color, they will even look refined. Otherwise I will just look the other way, easy.

I just wonder… may be interesting to repeat this survey adding an age parameter… hmmm… (no, I’m. no Spring chicken myself!)

Gabriela

I voted Yes to this as I really can’t see anything wrong with doing so!  However I’ve just discovered toeless tights (pantyhose) which is a great compromise.
      My toes aren’t great but as I’m 6’ tall they are so far away so I can’t see them anyway  😂

Stephanie 💋

Personally Jennifer, I think stockings, tights, pantyhose with open toed sandals are the one thing I wouldn’t wear. I think it the one ‘fashion’ mistake that points out a crossdresser or transgender woman! Most of the sisters I’ve seen have fab legs and if one shaves then…

To be worn only with closed toe footwear… my wife agrees absolutely!

Love Polly

I do do it, with sheer stockings, so you can see my pretty painted toes through them,it does depend on my outfit, though
      Hugs,Regi👩💕

Leonara
        Ambassador

I’m with you Regine…thanks for sharing

I think I must have misunderstood the question?

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I’ve been wearing pantyhose with platform wedges since I was 17. I often went out wearing that. I loved the look.

Carolyn Kay
      Baroness - Annual

I think there are a lot of variables that one has to look at. First is where are you? If it is warm out forget the stockings, if it’s cold out then put them on, but make sure they are steer to the toe. This is only true for dress shoes and heels. If you are wearing sandals, paint those nails and let them breathe, no stockings. The big thing is if you think it looks good go for it.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Maybe not sandals or flip flops so much, but I think some open toe shoes look great with nylons.  I rather like the open toe shoes, they’re a lot easier on the feet, giving my toes some lebensraum to wiggle.

Mind you I wore socks and sandals as a kid so what do I know?  ( the horror…  the horror )

Were they white socks Stevie?

I think it’s okay to wear nylons with sandals, as long as they are sheer toe and you get the little end seam under you toes.  Sandals go great with a gypsy/broom type of skirt and wearing stockings or tights isn’t much of a faux pas.

PaulaF

Stevie Steiner
          Managing Ambassador

They were white socks when the day began… somewhat dirt coloured by the end of the day. 😂

With these toes, open toe shoes aren’t really an option so the quesion is a bit of a moot point!

The teen calls my toes freeky which I think is a bit mean it is just that there are a couple of them that are a bit of an odd shape!

-A.

Anonymous

Mmm good question? If you have nice painted toes then yes xx

I can be a bit of a weirdo in that I don’t really like feet, so I never wear any type of ots, be it peeps, sandals, or anything else that would expose my toes. Just my thing so I answered no, I’d never do it, but you be you, and if you like it go for it 😘

Anonymous

Not really sandals I guess, but I do have several pair of Open Toe High Heels and I wear pantyhose with them all the time. As Krissy said, with painted toe nails, I think they look good. I usually try to use a bright/bold nail polish so that shine thru the pantyhose.

Chelly

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Personally, I wear what strikes my mood – fashion police be damned.  I’ve worn stockings/tights with open toe shoes/sandals many times.  They feel good.  Seamed stockings, especially the fully-fashioned variety, are very sexy regardless of heel/toe reinforcements.  I like that stockings/tights hide several unsightly scars on my legs.  But as a practical matter, stockings/tights are a PITA.  They run.  They’re expensive.  They’re unbearable in warm weather.  It takes longer to get ready.  Visits to the ladies room can be quite an “adventure”.  There are plenty of times I won’t wear them for all the reasons above.  Like I said, I wear what strikes my mood.

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

First- wear what makes YOU happy…

But for me answering this question..

When I read the question, I saw “stockings” as socks… so my answer was “NO-Yuck”

Now upon reading other comments, I see where “stockings” could be hose/nylons.

Again for me, this is a no. Because I personally don’t like hose. I find them hot(temp) and constricting.

So, I’m in the nope all the way around LOL

xoxo

Rayna

Hi Jennifer NO ITS YUCK Why would you ruin the look of open toe sandals. Just paint your toes and show off those pretty  little piggy’s’

Stephanie

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?