- Yes - It's a good look
- No - Yuck
- Maybe - If you can pull it off
- April 29, 2021 at 9:11 am #485422Jennifer WalkerParticipantRegistered On: September 11, 2019Topics: 26Replies: 144Has thanked: 625 timesBeen thanked: 785 times
Summer is almost here for some and so are open toe shoes. The question has probably been asked many times, but do people like the combination of open toe shoes and stockings. Does it depend upon the shoes, the stockings or even the toes.
- May 9, 2021 at 4:38 pm #490122Emily AltDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 534Has thanked: 436 timesBeen thanked: 2464 times
Personally, I wear what strikes my mood – fashion police be damned. I’ve worn stockings/tights with open toe shoes/sandals many times. They feel good. Seamed stockings, especially the fully-fashioned variety, are very sexy regardless of heel/toe reinforcements. I like that stockings/tights hide several unsightly scars on my legs. But as a practical matter, stockings/tights are a PITA. They run. They’re expensive. They’re unbearable in warm weather. It takes longer to get ready. Visits to the ladies room can be quite an “adventure”. There are plenty of times I won’t wear them for all the reasons above. Like I said, I wear what strikes my mood.
- May 8, 2021 at 5:53 pm #489780
- May 8, 2021 at 5:21 pm #489768Chelly KrossLadyRegistered On: April 21, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 117Has thanked: 162 timesBeen thanked: 292 times
Not really sandals I guess, but I do have several pair of Open Toe High Heels and I wear pantyhose with them all the time. As Krissy said, with painted toe nails, I think they look good. I usually try to use a bright/bold nail polish so that shine thru the pantyhose.
- May 1, 2021 at 3:05 am #486190Heather MeganLadyRegistered On: May 15, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 35Has thanked: 123 timesBeen thanked: 175 times
I can be a bit of a weirdo in that I don’t really like feet, so I never wear any type of ots, be it peeps, sandals, or anything else that would expose my toes. Just my thing so I answered no, I’d never do it, but you be you, and if you like it go for it 😘
- April 30, 2021 at 8:52 am #485855Andi DuBoisLadyRegistered On: January 7, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 92Has thanked: 114 timesBeen thanked: 403 times
With these toes, open toe shoes aren’t really an option so the quesion is a bit of a moot point!
The teen calls my toes freeky which I think is a bit mean it is just that there are a couple of them that are a bit of an odd shape!
- April 30, 2021 at 3:13 am #485768Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 49Replies: 1158Has thanked: 5372 timesBeen thanked: 5986 times
Maybe not sandals or flip flops so much, but I think some open toe shoes look great with nylons. I rather like the open toe shoes, they’re a lot easier on the feet, giving my toes some lebensraum to wiggle.
Mind you I wore socks and sandals as a kid so what do I know? ( the horror… the horror )
- May 4, 2021 at 10:26 pm #488048Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 14Replies: 1075Has thanked: 14513 timesBeen thanked: 4268 times
Were they white socks Stevie?
I think it’s okay to wear nylons with sandals, as long as they are sheer toe and you get the little end seam under you toes. Sandals go great with a gypsy/broom type of skirt and wearing stockings or tights isn’t much of a faux pas.
- May 5, 2021 at 2:21 am #488082
- April 30, 2021 at 3:02 am #485764Carolyn KayLadyRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 18Replies: 240Has thanked: 1213 timesBeen thanked: 1146 times
I think there are a lot of variables that one has to look at. First is where are you? If it is warm out forget the stockings, if it’s cold out then put them on, but make sure they are steer to the toe. This is only true for dress shoes and heels. If you are wearing sandals, paint those nails and let them breathe, no stockings. The big thing is if you think it looks good go for it.
- April 30, 2021 at 2:45 am #485756Patty PhoseDuchessRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1607Has thanked: 1202 timesBeen thanked: 4325 times
- April 30, 2021 at 2:27 am #485751
- April 30, 2021 at 2:03 am #485742Regine RichPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 32Replies: 889Has thanked: 8999 timesBeen thanked: 3903 times
- April 30, 2021 at 12:57 pm #485935
- April 30, 2021 at 12:47 am #485733Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 12Replies: 933Has thanked: 1321 timesBeen thanked: 3175 times
Personally Jennifer, I think stockings, tights, pantyhose with open toed sandals are the one thing I wouldn’t wear. I think it the one ‘fashion’ mistake that points out a crossdresser or transgender woman! Most of the sisters I’ve seen have fab legs and if one shaves then…
To be worn only with closed toe footwear… my wife agrees absolutely!
- April 29, 2021 at 11:46 pm #485729Stephanie AstonBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: May 31, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 33Has thanked: 138 timesBeen thanked: 142 times
I voted Yes to this as I really can’t see anything wrong with doing so! However I’ve just discovered toeless tights (pantyhose) which is a great compromise.
My toes aren’t great but as I’m 6’ tall they are so far away so I can’t see them anyway 😂
- April 29, 2021 at 5:43 pm #485621Gabriela RomaniManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: January 11, 2021Topics: 84Replies: 165Has thanked: 125 timesBeen thanked: 794 times
I don’t do it. I don’t like the way they look. Yet, everybody has the right to wear what they please. (But you asked so…)
True, not all hosiery is created equal. If there is no reinforced toe/hell, and it is a nude color, they will even look refined. Otherwise I will just look the other way, easy.
I just wonder… may be interesting to repeat this survey adding an age parameter… hmmm… (no, I’m. no Spring chicken myself!)
- April 29, 2021 at 1:52 pm #485570Peggy Sue WilliamsDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: June 26, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 279Has thanked: 999 timesBeen thanked: 1204 times
Oh my, this is a loaded subject, highly opinionated and highly personalized.
I think geography plays into it too, meaning what country do you live in and again, what region of that country do you live in? When I was stationed in Hawaii in the 1980s, flip-flops (they called them slippers) was the state-wide shoe, worn by one and all. Rather difficult to wear pantyhose with flip-flops, but I actually did see a few people try on rare occasions. No silly, we could not wear them with our Navy uniform.
Here in Atlanta, Georgia, after April 1st, it is virtually unheard of to see any female wearing pantyhose, except possibly for an octogenarian lady on her way to church. So, hose with sandals? No, it does not happen. Night spots and classy places? You will see girls wearing strappy high-heel sandals with bare toes and nail polish, sometimes to include toe rings and anklets.
A rare exception, female attorneys and executives will wear heels and pantyhose year round, with executive business attire. Pumps only, of course.
All the above being said, I have been known to wear very sheer pantyhose during the cooler months, with open toe high-heels. It kind of “winterizes” the high-heel sandals, and it is classy looking.
I recall one girl from support group, who, for whatever reason, would wear pantyhose with flat sandals, well into the warm months. It kind of dated her, made her look a bit older for her years, but that was the style she was comfortable with. Bless her heart!
- This reply was modified 1 week ago by Peggy Sue Williams.
- April 29, 2021 at 1:52 pm #485569LeslieLadyRegistered On: September 14, 2020Topics: 17Replies: 192Has thanked: 1589 timesBeen thanked: 869 times
- April 29, 2021 at 12:38 pm #485534Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 65Replies: 1350Has thanked: 4825 timesBeen thanked: 7403 times
If men can wear socks with sandals ( did I say that out loud???? )….
then my darling, you wear exactly what you want !!!
- April 29, 2021 at 6:01 pm #485630DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 56Replies: 545Has thanked: 3875 timesBeen thanked: 2176 times
- April 29, 2021 at 5:19 pm #485617Jennifer WalkerDuchessRegistered On: September 11, 2019Topics: 26Replies: 144Has thanked: 625 timesBeen thanked: 785 times
- April 30, 2021 at 8:57 am #485857
- April 30, 2021 at 8:44 am #485851Holly GoodrichLadyRegistered On: April 19, 2021Topics: 18Replies: 38Has thanked: 137 timesBeen thanked: 304 times
Given that I only have 1 pair of women’s shoes (3″ open) the answer for me is a real no-braimer.
My male shoe size is a 13, but t can squeeze into a women’s 11W. Mostly, when i go shoe shopping, i cant find anything that large. When i do, the fit is so narrow, even my dog would have trouble getting her paw in. 😂
- April 29, 2021 at 12:06 pm #485508Kayla OlsonLadyRegistered On: June 15, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 65Has thanked: 504 timesBeen thanked: 214 times
I do not have any stockings but have an enormous collection of pantyhose in large selection of styles and colors that I often wear with me open toe heels all of which are 6″ and higher.
It goes beyond the pairing of the choice of hosiery and type of shoes worn. I believe it is more about how the hosiery and shoes accent or compliment the overall outfit that is important. For example, an exquisite evening dress paired with the right style and color of hosiery and heels in addition to makeup and accessories completes the “total package” which more important than looking at 1 or 2 parts individually.
- April 29, 2021 at 11:49 am #485501T.J. ByronDuchessRegistered On: October 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 350Has thanked: 3812 timesBeen thanked: 1449 times
I Love my nylons, and have special stockings to specifically gor OTS,Shoes. I tend to not wear soild toes and heels in the stockings with OTS. I do have a ptetty close toed Mule , that I get a chill from fully fashioned heel in view!!
I love my nylons…sometimes I start putting an outfit together with choosing the stockings, garter belt, OBG, ETC…
- April 29, 2021 at 10:45 am #485474GenevïéveLadyRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 30Replies: 1197Has thanked: 10210 timesBeen thanked: 4923 times
Socks and Sandles… Oh My…😱 (Just kidding… 😄)
Personally, I don’t see anything wrong with nylons and OTS. They are your feet… if you like the look and is comfortable… then go for it.
Don’t allow others to decide what you can, or cannot wear.
- April 29, 2021 at 9:26 am #485429Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 20Replies: 2095Has thanked: 4176 timesBeen thanked: 7507 times
I have always heard that hosiery with open-toe shoes was a fashion faux-pas; BUT I have seen some girls pull it off, and the fashion police are much less vocal, now. I would say if you have the toes for it (I don”t), go for it.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.