Viewing 13 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hello Girls. I have read so many great posts of acceptance in general lately. I have to ask,” are we more accepted now as a community”? Many girls have stated that when they go shopping whether in drab or enfemme; they find that they are treated with respect and the staff at shops and boutiques are friendly and welcoming. There are some that say when they are in public dressed “enfemme” receive compliments. I am hoping that we are becoming an acceptable culture. That would be amazing! Any thoughts?…….Gigi

Hi Gigi,

I agree that we seem to be more accepted now than before.  I enjoy shopping enfemme and a couple of years ago asked a Lane Bryant about their company policy on minorities including CD’s.  She told me all are welcome and are to be treated with respect.  It is part of their training.

Alice

DeLora
      Lady

My experience is limited to shopping in drab, but I have to say they have been good experiences. In particular, my visit to a women’s apparel boutique last November was an awesome experience, I posted about it😎
      Most times I am simply treated as any paying customer, even when it’s obvious I am buying girly stuff for myself.

I always make a point thank the sales person, a proper sincere thank-you with a genuine smile and eye contact.

I think we all have a responsibility as members of this often misunderstood community to show that we are just ordinary, decent people and not the freak Show that some believe us to be.

D.

I think I would prefer a state of affairs in which acceptance or non-acceptance was not an issue. Where one can be as beautiful and as feminine without attracting unusual or unacceptable reactions. Where be lovely is an everyday occurrence in which the sex of the lady is not an issue. Mild admiration and compliments are nice but if they become overly effusive is that not simply over-compensation for not so subliminal criticism?

Araminta.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I agree that today more businesses are accepting of the trans community than in the past. Whether that’s genuine or motivated by profit, I think most of us don’t care. It’s a win no matter how you look at it.

On a broader scope, I think there’s more genuine acceptance within the general population – especially in large metropolitan areas. I go to places that are known to be accepting of the trans community. I’m treated with respect and I receive compliments often. It’s liberating to be out in places like that.

I’d offer that what we’re seeing is a result of more girls coming out. We’re becoming more visible. Anyone that’s willing can take part. All it takes is getting together with a few girlfriends.

Namaste,
      Emily

Patty Phose
      Duchess

When I go out, I’m selective of where I go. I have done some shopping and have never been treated with scorn or ridicule. In fact most of the time, I’m just another person in the stores. Of course, put on heels, shiny pantyhose a moderately short dress, with a pretty hair wig and you instantly stand out as being the sexiest and best dressed woman around. That always gets looks, attention and sometimes compliments and conversation.

It’s scary or wonderful and sometimes both.

Such wonderful replies. Thank You Ladies.

Anonymous

I think momentum is building as more acceptance leads to more closeted CDs/TGs feeling safe to express themselves, which leads to more acceptance as it becomes slightly more commonplace and yes, lucrative, for businesses to embrace or at least tolerate us. There will be many who continue to push back and try to shut us up, but I believe the number of TGs will only grow as it is more accepted by society.

Hey sisters,

I think getting out is also part of our mission. The more people will see us out there, the more we will be accepted as we will become part of the day-to-day passers-by in the streets.

The plus side is that we stand out with beauty and elegance, which is always pleasant to the eye.

We are the ones who will claim our rightful place in society, so let’s get to work sisters!

With love,

Natalya

Anonymous

I don’t know if the general public is more accepting of us.  I suspect that it is more likely that people just have a “live and let live” attitude.  I’m sure that increasing the size of their customer base is a factor in businesses being more accepting of us.  The bottom line, though, is that whether people accept us or see us as some kind of deviants, they probably don’t think much about us after the encounters are over.

Samantha Joan
      Hostess

Hi Gigi

I agree, we are becoming more accepted in the wider society. For me, I think there will always be those who will push back.

The wave of tolerance, understanding and generally the future direction of society will win through. For me, going into a store buying a skirt or a dress has become second nature and has never been questioned.

Making those visible steps, getting makeovers etc, will show that that we don’t need acceptance, just an acknowledgment by everyone we are who we are regardless of what we are wearing.

Hugs

Samantha x x

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I also believe that there is greater acceptance of all kinds of alt lifestyles than say, 10 or 20 years ago. I live in Canada, which on a national basis legalized same sex marriage nearly 15 years ago. Not without some controversy, I might add. However it has become pretty much normal here, in most areas anyway.

The only reason I make that point, is that it seems to have benefited everyone in the community, no matter what their non binary situation might be.

I do go out en femme a certain amount, and have never had anything negative said or happen to me. I generally tend to pass reasonably well, but even when they know I’m not a GG there hasn’t been a problem.

There are now a few women’s clothing stores that I shop at in drab that know I’m buying for myself, and they are extremely helpful. One lady even likes to see recently pictures of me when dressed up.

Naturally there can be some people who might not be so accepting, and we do have to be prepared, mentally, at least for this. As a previous poster said, there is the “Live and Let Live” attitude amoungst those that don’t agree with our lifestyle choices.

Amy

I feel that I’m most often accepted, because I make no apologies for who I am. I don’t worry about whether or not I pass (although I know that I can and do)…I’m just Shawna – and I’ll welcome you as a friend or a friendly person – as YOU choose.

As I mentioned in my bio, it’s likely that I’ll continue onward in a “later in life” transition (I’m in my late 50’s)…I love my life as it is today – but I’ll admit that it’s certainly nice (and welcome) as more and more people realize that girls like us are PEOPLE – with the exact same hopes, dreams and life expectations as everyone else…

Shawna

Thank you all so much again sisters I had no idea my topic would garner so many replies. Such lovely thoughts and experiences form all of you. There are currently 35,000 + active members here alone. My guess is that is a very small percentage of us that actually enjoy dressing. That is such a great feeling that there are so many more of us out there. I hope they all discover our amazing site and become a part of our proud and friendly support group. Thank you again and I Love You all……Gigi(YOUR PROUD SISTER) always

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?