Tagged: 

Viewing 36 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      DeLora
      Lady

In many areas there are club or groups of CDs that get together for girl’s night outs, for friendship and peer support. There is nothing like that in my area, not within 1000 miles anyway!

I’d be interested to know how many of you belong to such groups, what kind of things you do as a group and how helpful you find it.

Thanks,

D.

Mary Priscilla
      Duchess - Annual

Yes, I belong to Rose City T-Girls but have yet been able to meet in person or participate in any web-based events.  Once the pandemic is a thing of the past, I will become more active.

River City Gems in Sacramento is great.  They meet twice a month and have several special events.  They’re not doing any public gatherings until it’s safer after the pandemic. You can look them up on- lineThere are gatherings like diva Las Vegas which is currently scheduled for the last week of October.  Esprit in May in port Angeles in Washington, cancelled this year.

Anonymous

I don’t know of many around where I live, I think I remember hearing of some place in Dublin, but I think that’s more a bar than a club

I belong to two organizations in the Cincinnati, Ohio area: Crossport and Cincinnati Transgender. I joined Crossport September 2018 and C.T. October 2019. Both have peer support meetings. Crossport also offers social outings; First Friday, Second and Fourth Saturdays, and Third Thursday. Crossport is involved with local PRIDE, Transgender Day of Visibility(TDoV), and Transgender Day of Remembrance(TDoR) events. Crossport also offers a family style picnic for its members and the TG/CD supporting community.

I’ve also been a Crossport organization board member since February 2020. If any CDH member in the Greater Cincinnati area would like information on either group PM me anytime.

Anonymous

I don’t belong to any clubs but I do have a group of friends I go out with, not all CD’s but some and I have a good friend Toni also a CD and we like to hang out, go shopping that kind of stuff.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Via this wonderful site we have a lovely little private e.mail group, the “Trans Nat Girls”.

Trans cos of who we are and “Nat” cos we are international. Aussies,  a Kiwi, USA, Canada and the UK.

We have reached a manageable number so sorry to any future applicants. The “No Vacancies” sign is up.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Some additional info for any other Aussie members of this site.

The Seahorse Society operates in the 3 Eastern States of Australia, with the one in Sydney the most successful and longest standing. The other two, as far as I know have had their “ups and downs” but still operate to varying degrees.

Adelaide South Australia has the Carrousel Club which again I know very little about, but seems to be going OK. Sadly Chameleons in Perth shut down sometime back.

On line we have Transgender Radio, based in Sydney. It used to be a very strong group and ran some very successful events, but seems to have dropped right back in recent times. I am an ex member who happily ended up on CDH after a “robust discussion” with the administrators of this site.

It even got as far as a “frank and meaningful exchange of views”

Yep!! that bad!!!

Caty.

Gail
      Lady

No, I live in the southwestern suburbs of Chicago.

I’m currently 70 yrs old, married have 4 Children and 9 Grandchildren.

Started dressing @ 5!

Now, I’ve purged quite a bit, only to start over buying again–My  only  emotions  seem to be, “Guilt and Depression!” Purging cost a-lot, I KNOW. I have disposed of 2 sets of silicone breast forms that cost me $200.00 ea. along with all the other cute clothes and makeup I had.

I remember the day well, my mother caught me wearing one of her half slips, I was small so I guess the half slip looked just right for me.

I have never been to social meeting, girls night out or anything along those lines. I do remember as an 18 yr. old, joining “PHI PI EPSILON”my number was 13B10.

That’s about as far as I got. I’m VERY paranoid and seeing pictures of other men in dresses frightens me. I really think I could only relate to a CIS Woman.

I’m a member of Phi Epsilon Mu (FEM) in the Orlando Fl area. Fun group of CDs and transwomen and SOs. Keeps me sane!

Kathryn

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I’m a member of the Ontario based Xpressions, which is a social group for CD’s and TG’s. It was through the personal connections with Xpressions that I first went out en femme, and met other CD’s and TG’s in person for the first time. Thrilling and scary! The support I received from them is only matched by the support I find here, but the actual person to person contact is so amazing and wonderful!

The meetings had been twice a month (till the virus hit), the first in the same private room every month in a pub in Toronto’s Gay Village, where you can also change on site, which gives a level of confidence and security to new girls.

Then a couple weeks later we would meet for dinner in a nice restaurant, the location varies month to month. These are much more public, we just have a table in an often busy place, so one needs to have the confidence to go out and travel there and arrive completely en femme.

That I think it is a nice combination, the greater privacy of the one for those that feel they need it, till they gain the confidence and experience to come out to the more open venue for others who are already comfortable being out en femme.

Amy

Anonymous

No, but I really wish I could find one locally. I’d love to meet up with others like me, either for friendship or perhaps even more. It’s not much fun being isolated all the time, a relationship would be wonderful.

When I first started, the woman who did my makeover would have parties in her home about once a month.  The intent is for it to be an alternative to the bar scene, something I much appreciated because I rarely drink alcohol.  While the parties often had themes encouraging you to have fun dressing, it wasn’t a requirement.  There were also some GG and male supporters at these parties, as well as TG and CD.

For the most part, these weren’t very different from an ordinary buffet dinner and cocktail party, except that most of the women weren’t.  It wasn’t particularly girly talk, although occasional conversations might deal with various TG subjects if you got people with the right ear.  Sometimes someone would come as a maid and help out.  On occasion the party took a few twists later in the evening (I don’t want to say too much, so I’m intentionally leaving it vague).  Occasionally there would be events outside her home too.

The frequency and regularity of these parties began to wane, so I wasn’t going out as much.  Then I heard that two of our regular attendees were going to speak at another organization a little further away from my home.  I had heard talk about this organization, but because of my situation I had never attended.  The two who were going to speak were going to talk about their lifestyle.  (Because they always dress as little girls or maids everywhere they go, they call themselves full time, er, the word is discouraged here but rhymes with Missy.)  I went to that group meeting where I met some people I knew from the other parties, and others who I hadn’t met before.

My situation had changed, and I found that it wasn’t as far as I thought it was, so I started attending this group as well.  They meet once a month from September to June, and try to have some speakers every month.  After the speaker and a pot luck dinner, we sit around and chat.  I have gone to most of these meetings as well for the last 3 years.

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

Up until recently, both my wife and I served on the administrative board of one of the last two Tri-ESS chapters in the United States.  I find it amazing in a city the size of Atlanta that a good CD social and support group has never seemed to be formed.  A local sex therapist sponsors a gender-diverse group, but it is open to so many varied persons that a CD cannot get the specific support they need, and the local Tri-ESS chapter is on life-support.  So sad, I would love to get together with local CDs, but there seems to be no interest whatsoever.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

Proud and happy to be a Femme Fever girl.

I belong to 1 social group though in my area (western Washington and Oregon) there are many social and support organizations plus other options. The group I belong to is The Rose City T-Girls and is mentioned below in this thread.

I am also involved in one of those “non official” groups that socialize as much as possible and have hosted lunches, open to anyone in the trans community about every other month.

Our area is very fortunate to have so many choices and if you would like information please PM and I would be happy to share what info I have.

Sandy

Got ahead of myself there on the submit button…

RCTG is a very active social group and before Covid would typically have 2 official activities each week including a Saturday regular place and Wednesday dinners at different locations. In addition to this there have been hosted home events such as Super Bowl, golfing, range day, theater, trips to the coast and so on. Currently have organized Zoom events/meets.

The non official group I’m in has our primary lunches but beyond this we meet for lunch, go shopping or visit any place of interest.

Sandy

I am part of an ad-hoc local LGBT group called the Rainbow Underground. No real membership as such, but I support their events as far as possible. Their main draw is the local Queer Arts Festival, which I contribute to as both an exhibiting artist (photography) and as a performer.

Anonymous

i belong to Xpressions a Toronto area support group/club

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

I know of a “club” in San Jose(30 miles away) that girls can rent a locker and keep things. They come in male, dress on site. Hang out with the girls…etc.

Once the Covid issues abates, I might consider joining. I only started my open CD journey about a week before all the lockdowns hit California.

Dala

Amy Myers
      Baroness

That sounds like quite a social life you have! Must be wonderful to be out and about en femme so much.

Amy

[postquote quote=357442]
      Yes, that is a very nice shop though I’ve never spent the day. The owner is very sweet. Maybe we’ll meet there someday!

Anonymous

im in michigan and ive been looking for something like that but because of covid nothings happening.

Anonymous

My local CD shop closed a while ago. Our local CD club closed. No one was going or paying dues.

Anonymous

I have made application to join Tri-Ess, whose HQ is here in Houston, but it will be a couple of weeks before I expect to hear from them.

Does CDH count?  🙂

but no, sadly, i am not but would consider joining one if there was a local org.  Maybe there is one local but i am unaware of any at this time.

I am a member of Sig Epsilon in Atlanta. Due to Covid I have yet to go in person. They meet once a month. Friday night through Sunday morning. Going to places as a group. Cant wait to go. Please everyone wear mask and stay distant. I am so ready to get all dolled up and get out!!!

Hugs

Diane

I live in Los Angeles and I’m really surprised at how little there appears to be in terms of social groups. I know of CHIC in Long Beach, but I’ve found nothing in LA. In the mid 90’s I attended a few Tri-Ess meetings. Ultimately, they weren’t my cup of tea, but they were a safe place to go out dressed and meet others.

Hi Marie, I also was surprised how little I found of these groups in LA where I live.  Not even a group here at CDH, that’s why I made one, for people like us who miss places like that.  Las Angelitas was just created with the idea to be a place of camaraderie, where on a safe atmosphere you can meet people from  and get to know about her process…Perhaps one day we organize a girls nigh out LA.  What do you say? lets make this happen?  The invitation for the group Las Angelitas it is extended to any  CDH  member.

LOVE kisses

Linda Summers

So frustrating that there seems to be no cd groups in the Lehigh Valley, PA area. But with the Covid they probably would be not meeting now.

After some looking around there doesn’t seem to be any expressly CD focused groups near me. I have looked around at the usual suspects, but Michigan seems fairly barren for CD groups. There are trans and LGBT focused groups, but there is always some concerns to how they will react to CDs, especially if I am not comfortable coming out to them.

I have talked to a few of us around so I have a small circle of friends, but there is nothing super there yet. Maybe a group will form from them, but I dunno.

They have a nice meet and greet group in Nola. Very sweet people, no drama, lots of support and I may have pushed a few to join CDH.

-SR-

thanks for sharing joane, I just open a  group into the LA area. Where are you located?   ❤️
      lsummers

Patty Phose
      Duchess

On Long Island we are extremely fortunate to have Femme Fever. I love the meetings and parties. Unfortunately due to some personal circumstances and now the Covid 19 restrictions, I have not attended neither in a while. Looking forward very much to getting back to them ASAP.

Hi, Julia. FL is such a big state. Anything in the Tampa Bay area?

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

In the 1980s, when I first contacted Tri-ESS, they had local chapters throughout the U.S.  Today, they are down to two active chapters, Tau Chi in Houston and Sigma Epsilon in Atlanta, and when I last heard, both chapters are on life support.  A shame, because they provided support for both the CD and the wife of the CD.

It is great to have a “club” for boys who want to be girls, but as we see over and over here on CDH, the wife or GF are intimately involved in the CD’s life, and the wife requires her own special king of support.  With the demise of the Tri-ESS chapters, there is virtually nothing left in the way of support for the CD’s spouse or GF.  If anyone reading this has any information about support groups for wives and GFs of CDs, please let me know?

Anonymous

I’m a member of Tau Chi in Houston, and they are working online-only, due to COVID.  But still putting out the monthly newsletter, and there was a Halloween party.

Bettylou

I am unaware of any specific group for crossdressers here in the Coachella Valley (~350,000 people) currently, nor have I heard of any past groups.

For me personally, I was a board member and treasurer of our local group, Transgender Community Coalition which morphed into the Transgender Health and Wellness Center. Crossdressers were welcome, but there was no specific programming. I served for just over 2 years. Currently involved with several other volunteer and non-profit organizations, but not specifically trans…

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?