• Creator
    Topic
    stephanie plumb
    Participant
    Registered On: November 17, 2018
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1371

I am.

And so are you, if you are Human of the genus Homo sapiens.

Its a terribly psychiatric sounding word isn’t it?  But all it means is that you love and want new things. I could have entitled it “Why new things make us feel good,” but Neophiliac is catchier. Look it up. Save you the bother : – “love of or enthusiasm for what is new or novel.”

It stems from our remote ancestral past when we were roaming the world. To survive early man had to travel, constantly seeking shelter and new sources of food. After millenia it became hard-wired into our DNA. It is an exclusively human characteristic.

It accounts for why we feel the need to climb mountains – to explore – “to go where no man has gone before.”  To go on holiday, travel the world. To collect things.     To ……. shop.

So there we are. We are hard-wired to seek novelty.  Marketeers and product creators exploit  this flaw in our make-up to sell us things we don’t really need.  When we search for something new we get a dopamine hit. Dopamine- that “reward chemical” is actually more closely related to our motivation to seek rewards rather than being the reward itself.   Our brain reacts to novelty by stimulating us to search for a reward. It’s a non-ending positive feedback loop.   No wonder browsing for new clothes is such fun.  And so rewarding?  We can’t help ourselves. It’s Fred Flintstones fault.

That new must-have, OMG it’s perfect!  Emerald green skirt we are longing to climb into with trembling fingers after waiting with anticipation and excitement, is an example of this behaviour. Our vast collection of knickers and bra’s is another. And wigs, and shoes and so on…….

But after 6 months it has barely been worn.  What happened to that perfect skirt? Nothing of course. The skirt hasn’t changed – you have. You have bought something new.

Stephanie P

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jennifer Heels
      Lady
      Registered On: December 11, 2019
      Topics: 15
      Replies: 113

ha ha ha… yea, how many times have I bought something because I just wanted it and later not use it.. and this applies to all things not just dressing 😉

Jennifer

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Deborah Sullivan
      Duchess
      Registered On: February 27, 2020
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 463

Well put and very logical. I am sure its the dopamine rush that makes it impossible for us to stop. I have often said to newbies that crossdressing is so addictive and this would explain it . I wonder if its in anyway related to the pink fog as well.

4 users thanked author for this post.
        stephanie plumb
        Baroness - Annual

Intertwined with the pink fog certainly.  It would explain why we browse endlessly over bra’s and panties rather than lawnmowers or motorbikes.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Emily
      Lady
      Registered On: April 30, 2016
      Topics: 19
      Replies: 726

You are a wealth of information and humor! Both of which I am very appreciative. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and new words. Even if some are made up.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Rei Durden
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: October 11, 2020
      Topics: 19
      Replies: 791

Guilty as charged officer…….it’s not my fault, though, blame nature!

Amanda Burton
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: January 15, 2020
      Topics: 17
      Replies: 853

Steph…humour me here….

Is this right????…..

if I don’t fancy going clothes shopping, I am neophiliacally challenged….

so I get a quick shot of dopamine…and it makes me want to smash the sale rails….

So where can I buy this stuff…like, lots of it !!!

Living in hope, grace ❤️

Well I could never unstand why buying a puppy every week got you so excited. But hey I went along with it, never worked for me once. Now I do see why it’s dopamine and not Doberman. Anyone like a puppy have a few spare

Understand 👻👻👻

Amanda Burton
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: January 15, 2020
      Topics: 17
      Replies: 853

Steph…humour me here….

Is this right????…..

so I get a quick shot of dopamine…and it makes me want to smash the sale rails….

Living in hope, grace ❤️

Well I could never unstand why buying a puppy every week got you so excited. But hey I went along with it, never worked for me once. Now I do see why it’s dopamine and not Doberman. Anyone like a puppy have a few spare

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Grace Scarlett
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: July 26, 2020
      Topics: 50
      Replies: 1429

Steph…humour me here….

Is this right????…..

Living in hope, grace ❤️

5 users thanked author for this post.
        stephanie plumb
        Baroness - Annual

Try amazon – there’s  loads available. But you have to crank up the engine first, so:-

You hit the sale rails , which gets you the dopamine. The dopamine makes you hit the sale rails again, which gets you the dopamine,  which makes you hit the sail rails ……… ad infinitum – the Worm Ouroborous that eats its own tail.  Pots of dopamine. You are in shopping heaven.

I love that word…. neophiliacally !  Lovely tongue twister.  Try it again – Neophilialackallickally was it?

I get my dopamine from CDH! – especially from Lady Scarlett , Amanda, and Sammy. (no money changes hands)  And Amazon lingerie store……….

Steph 💖

Grace Scarlett
          Baroness - Annual
          Registered On: July 26, 2020
          Topics: 50
          Replies: 1429

Steph….did you know????Neophilialackallickally is actually an abbreviation from the longer Doric pronunciation..

getaroondinyetightfistedbussturd often heard in glasgee of an evening.

Smiles, Lady grace, just grace xx

5 users thanked author for this post.
            stephanie plumb
            Baroness - Annual

Yes…   I did… but I’m not going to try and pronounce it  – it’s got too many K’s and L’s in it.

Fit ye mean? wi’  this glasgee stuff.  It isna the Doric.  In glasgee they speak the garlic.

confused McSteph xx

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.