• This topic has 7 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Elaine
    Participant
    Registered On: September 2, 2015
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 92

I like to read books about LGBT subjects – crossdressing and transgenderism specifically; non-fiction, biographies, auto-biographies, memoirs, and historical trans personalities.  I’m NOT interested in trans fiction or LGBT love stories.  Most of what I have read has been about the LGBT journey and the challenges of coming out, then living as CD or trans.  I find these accounts interesting and beneficial to me as I balance my own life’s story.  My latest read is “Tomorrow Will be Different” by Sarah McBride.  Sarah is currently a transgender state representative from Delaware.  You may remember her from the 2016 DNC (Democratic National Convention) as she was one of the guest speakers thus becoming the first ever trans speaker at a national political convention.

Unlike the other books I have read hers is not the story of her struggle with being trans, living the lie, coming out, surgeries, etcetera.  And unlike so many other trans people Sarah comes from a wealthy family, well connected politically, and had access to resources most of the rest of us do not have.  She recognized her privilege and has used it for the greater cause working as an advocate for trans rights and equality.  I expect we will see Sarah again on the national stage.

Very good read and I highly recommend it.  Are you a reader?  Any recommendations?

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by Elaine.
    • This topic was modified 1 month ago by Elaine.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous
      Registered On:
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 228

Love to read.

I know it has been out for years but recently discovered the Martin Beck detective series. But there were only 10 novels so will have to find something soon.

Jessica

Hilda Beaumont
      Duchess
      Registered On: March 14, 2020
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 186

Hi Elaine, I’m a voracious reader and for relaxation I think science fiction has a lot to offer. A long time ago I read the Female Man by Joanna Russ see https://www.amazon.co.uk/Female-Man-S-F-MASTERWORKS/dp/0575094990/ref=sr_1_1?crid=16L6GU3I04PM0&dchild=1&keywords=the+female+man&qid=1611935473&s=books&sprefix=The+Female+Man%2Caps%2C149&sr=1-1
      More recently The Power by Naomi Alderman see https://www.amazon.co.uk/Power-WINNER-BAILEYS-WOMENS-FICTION/dp/0670919969/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3RLHDARPSXFH7&dchild=1&keywords=the+power+naomi+alderman&qid=1611935605&s=books&sprefix=the+Power%2Cstripbooks%2C165&sr=1-1

Can thoroughly recommend both although Russ is a bit of a tough read IMHO.

Love to all you sisters

HildRuth 💋💋

Amelia Lawrence
      Lady
      Registered On: January 4, 2021
      Replies: 25

I just finished the first Living with Crossdressing book lately. I need to start the second one, as the first was very informative!

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Stevie Steiner
      Ambassador
      Registered On: June 11, 2020
      Topics: 42
      Replies: 976

I’ve been an avid reader since I was a little kid.  Literally hundreds of books in my library.  😁.

Nothing beats a good book!

Polly Stewart
      Lady
      Registered On: January 2, 2021
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 564

Elaine…

I’m a voracious reader! Every new experience I have I read as much as I can about the ’actors’ in the story.
      I tend to read a huge amount of non fiction but anything is grist for my mill.
      An old girlfriend once gave me a book… Middlesex which I found totally fascinating.

xx Polly

Leslie
      Lady
      Registered On: September 14, 2020
      Topics: 13
      Replies: 133

I am reading Max Beerbohm right now, a biography of him and plan to move on to some of his writings. And then I have a nice biography Wilde and several of his books.  So maybe retirement is so bad after all. I get time to reread the books I have enjoyed before!

Patti James
      Lady
      Registered On: January 5, 2021
      Replies: 74

I am reading Walden for the upteenth time. It’s one of my favorite books.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account