Viewing 21 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi ladies!

Here’s a slightly different poll for you.

As I was getting dressed this morning (sorry, in male mode today) I realized that as a man I don’t take anywhere near the amount of time, care and effort to look good as I do when I’m Holly. Basically, I throw on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, slide on some flip-flops and that pretty much is it. I don’t care if the items match or if the colors are coordinated, or anything at all like that.About the only time I do take some extra time is if I’m going out somewhere (like on a date with my wife), so I want to look good. Other than that, it’s just get dressed quickly and go.

Whereas, when dressed as a woman, it’s just the opposite. I take as much time as I need because I want to look pretty when I go out. I make sure my outfit is coordinated and my hose look nice with my dress (or skirt and blouse), and that my heels and jewelry compliment what I’m wearing. I ensure my hair and makeup both look nice, and make sure that the purse I’m carrying also goes along with my dress. In other words, I primp and preen and take a lot more time getting dressed as a woman. And that has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that it takes a lot more effort to appear as a woman than as a man, it’s just that as a woman I care much more about how I look.

So of course, that got me to wondering…

Are you as fastidious about your appearance as a man as you are a woman?

Hugs,

Holly

Not even close..

It’s no longer even remotely possible, as there is no man to even consider. I am legally a female and there’s no turning back!

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

I would say somewhat.. I do care about my male presenting appearance and try to make myself look good, but it takes me FAR less time to get ready in male mode lol. I could go from bed to ready in male mode quicker than the time it takes me just to put on makeup as Rilee

Anonymous
      Lady

I used to be the typical male and not shave every day or moisturize much but since letting my hair grow out and now ears pierced I shave every day without fail and moisturize too. I use sunscreen when I go out which I never did before. Mature girls need more maintenance with those pesky hairs in places where there used to be none… uggh.

When presenting female it takes me a lot longer to dress considering the shaving and moisturizing of other body parts and with the makeup too.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

No as I am more fastidious about my femme appearance as I want to look as good as I can when I am out. I like to wear nice clothes and am more particular about fashion not being seen in the same things regularly so have a bigger wardrobe that if I wear the same dress it can be accessorized differently. I am more pedantic about skin care and, unlike male mode, I spend more attention to shaving, obviously. Finally as a male I am not worried about how my face looks and checking the make up through the day!

Not as a male but being female, I’m always concerned about my hair(wig) makeup, nails, clothes, hosiery, jewelry, shoes, etc. Everything needs to be perfect for me or I’m a miserable “B***h” lol

It’s not even close for me either.  I really don’t care too much what I look like as a man, because society seems to accept it.  But, as a woman, it is much more important to look good.  Although, a lot of women these days are getting to be more sloppy with their dress as men.  It makes it very hard for us that really want to fully dress up to blend in with them, because the clothes that I like to wear would get any women noticed. ( I hope!)

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Like most of us, I’m very fussy about I appear as Catherine. Male me just chucks on whatever clothes are laying around and look reasonable. I shave my face every morning, but the weekly body shave is for Caty

Julie
      Lady

Girlfriend. When I’m in male mode aka none fun mode. I do throw on a casual romper, flip flops but sneakers if strolling when not only 1 home hun most of the time sweetie. I style my hair to look punk rock. I put on deordorant and my default purse honey. I make sure to wear a pretty comfy panty and sleep bra sister. But in woman mode aka fun mode. I go all the way. I make sure everything looks good and matches a lot of the time Girlfriend. I do put on a dress with flip flops or sandals or high heels but sneakers and a casual romper if strolling most of the time at my sister in laws or at home when it’s just me hun. I put on deordorant and my default purse or a more fancier purse honey. I make sure to wear a pretty comfy panty and regular bra sister. I wear my Lola wig and D boobs. I started to put on makeup regularly last year. Behind on that. Sorry ladies. I wear jewelry and legwear. I plan to wear perfume too sweetie. So therefore I do put more time into my appearance when dressing in woman mode Girlfriend!

Carolyn Kay
      Baroness - Annual

No, I use to be, but now I feel the true me needs the attention. When I am in drab, it is just to get through the day. When I femme dress to it to express who I really am, thus more time spent on details.

Since my male side (and clothing) vanished so many years ago, I don’t even remember getting ready to spend the day as a man. I always spend the time and effort needed to ensure that Jennifer looks her best for whatever the day has in store for her.

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

In male mode everything is generic, the boxers, sox, jeans and shirts. Other than color or funtion most anything and everything goes. Takes very little consideration and no time at all.

As a woman, EVERYTHING, must be considered. Its like building something. You first start with the site preperation, then foundation on up to the roof coverings. Then of course you have the outer decorative things and whatever you choose to adorn yourself with

I do shave every day and am aware of matching but am typically in tshirts with jeans or shorts.  With work meeting and such of course I match things, look nice, iron if needed.

But that is all a very quick routine.

En drab, there are simply fewer choices to make as clothes intended for males are so limited and boring, but I’m still attentive to making sure I look good. It’s everything else that I am more fastidious about now: my skincare routine, eyebrows, hair care, etc. I don’t cut corners on that stuff just because I’m presenting male. So I do take care, there’s just a lot less to care about.

I’m with you on this, I really don’t give a damn if I look like a ruffled slob with un combed hair, beard stubble, stains on my clothes going out/ but with my alter ego Meghan- well, that’s a totally different story. An hour or more from shower to walking out the door looking totally perfect, passable and present myself as a woman for several hours. We all live in a dichotomy Conundrum.

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

Absolutely not

When in drab I grab whatever happens to be closest, only concern is whatever it’s suitable in regards to not wearing the newest clothes when painting the walls or outside temperature when going outside. Shaving is optional as is fixing my hair and so on.
      The mirror is completely ignored!

When dressed I think hard about what to wear, how to match it and many times change after a trip to the mirror.

/kelly

Elaine
      Duchess

My male dressing has evolved parallel to my en femme dressing. I am more self aware of grooming practices, for instance controlling wild eyebrows, nose and ear hair, self manicure my finger nails and toes, and keep by body hair shaved. But the biggest change has been in my male wardrobe. Since I live in a warm climate shorts are everyday wear. My shorts are shorts not longs (meaning below the knee). I like them to be a couple inches above the knee. I wear bright colors and always careful to match the top to the shorts. I like typically feminine and bright colors, and actually get complements for my pink shirt. A couple pairs of shorts are patterned sort like the kind golfer John Daly wears. When cool enough I wear runners tights, and when lounging around the house I wear men’s workout shorts that I think of as mans hot pants. My attitude is that I have spent my entire life exercising so as to stay height and weight proportionate, so I am somewhat proud of how fit I am at age 71. If I got it flaunt it. Ironically the only negative comment I have received was when out walking my dog at night while wearing running tights, it came from sloppily dressed man. I bit my tongue and walked away, but male me really wanted to exchange insults with him.

Great poll!! My answer was No. To be very blunt i couldnt care less how i look as a man because i dont like being one!!! I am like a cartoon character, same Male clothes day in day out, Male clothes shopping (if i can be bothered) is boring and Beige. Femme clothes and appearance however is an entirely different Ball game……

Fiona xx

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

Holly,

I just finished using the following Clinique items:
      – cleansing & exfoliating jelly
      – smart moisturizer
      – facial wrinkle correcting serum
      – wrinkle correcting eye cream

So my answer is an emphatic no!

I’m far from a slob as a guy but there’s no comparing the two.

Fiona

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I present as female most of the time.  Work is the only exception.

I never fussed much over my appearance as a guy.  Maybe a nicer outfit for an event or a function.  A haircut every few weeks.  That’s it.  Now that he’s fading into my past, I have even less desire to present a polished male appearance.

I often refer to myself as a lazy trans girl and that’s true.  Compared to most women I don’t do a lot.  But I do pay more attention to my appearance as a female.  My hair is much longer and I take good care of it.  I usually wear it down.  I pay attention to my skin….especially my face.  I wear outfits that suit my mood and personality.  They’re usually casual, but with an edge.  A bit of jewelry.  Sometimes a splash of makeup but usually not.

Walking out the door, the world sees a much happier face.  There’s little doubt they’re seeing a happy transgender face regardless of how much effort I made that day.  And I get gendered female often.

/EA

Not at all, in guy mode I wear whatever but as Jess I very much care about how I look. I don’t do makeup, but my lingerie and wig have to be just right every time.

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?