- a huge gala
- going out to clubs
- quiet get together with friends/family
- working through the holidays
- staying home alone/with significant other
- visiting friends/family
- we don't celebrate holidays
- work holiday party(ies)
- Winter (or summer, down under) Solstice
- December 22, 2022 at 7:39 am #703229BillieJayFounderRegistered On: September 21, 2018Topics: 2499Replies: 371Has thanked: 1353 timesBeen thanked: 2069 times
as we all know, there are a lot of holidays in the coming weeks…
Hannukah, Christmas, Yule, New Years, and something significant in every religion and tradition.
Are you celebrating any of these?
(this poll is intended to be inclusive, and not specific to a religion or tradition. if I have missed a response that should be included, please message me)
- This topic was modified 1 month ago by BillieJay.
- December 27, 2022 at 8:29 pm #704526Genia SamoneLadyRegistered On: May 5, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 30Has thanked: 20 timesBeen thanked: 132 times
Staying home alone and working this year. Wife was coming to ND for Christmas however her flight was canceled due to snow storm (she wasn’t thrilled about our high temperature of -20 that she was coming to). Did have Christmas dinner with our daughter and grandkids at her house.
New Year’s Eve will be at home as I have no desire to go to any place that night.
- December 28, 2022 at 6:35 am #704611
- December 26, 2022 at 2:53 am #704069Cece XLadyRegistered On: April 8, 2020Topics: 43Replies: 191Has thanked: 4629 timesBeen thanked: 1411 times
Things got a bit weird. I had asked my girlfriend how we could celebrate Chanukah. Days later, she invited me to Chanukah at her mother’s apartment, but diminished it by saying that she would only stay a few minutes, so I bailed out. I found out later that I should not have bailed out. My error. She accepted my apology and is not holding a grudge.
She and I volunteered in a local soup kitchen on the afternoon of Christmas Eve.
Her son identifies as Jewish and is married to a Catholic. He invited us to his apartment for Christmas Eve, but before we arrived, he had an argument with his mother in law. He never came out of his bedroom.
My girlfriend happily accompanied me to Christmas Eve and Christmas church services. It was her first time attending these services.
She and I will attend a couple of rock concerts this week, including on New Year’s Eve. We also will volunteer again at the soup kitchen on the afternoon of New Years Eve.
Everything was and will be in drab, but at one point we had fun together window shopping online for male lingerie. We did not buy anything at the moment, but made mental notes for the near future.
Peace on earth.
- December 25, 2022 at 7:07 pm #704029Sherri RemingtonDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: August 8, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 159Has thanked: 154 timesBeen thanked: 644 times
- December 25, 2022 at 2:34 pm #703994
- December 24, 2022 at 5:30 pm #703844
- December 22, 2022 at 3:08 pm #703350
- December 22, 2022 at 2:54 pm #703343
- December 22, 2022 at 10:24 am #703282
- December 22, 2022 at 10:10 am #703278Emily AltHostessRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 24Replies: 1288Has thanked: 1454 timesBeen thanked: 6686 times
Happy Holidays Billie! I’m living life in the fast lane this Holiday Season. I’ve squeezed as much socializing and celebrating as I can into my busy work schedule. Partying with some girlfriends at The Abbey has been the highlight so far. I’ll visit with friends and chosen family on Christmas. I’m celebrating New Years early on the 30th with a girlfriend. Another opportunity to wear a nice outfit!
- December 22, 2022 at 9:57 am #703276Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 929Has thanked: 1007 timesBeen thanked: 4246 times
I didn’t answer the poll as we don’t fall into any of the categories; but my wife’s workplace and mine close during the christmas break. Up until covid we always travelled somewhere over christmas.
After a 2 year hiatus, we are reinstating that ! So yeah, if weather allows, we’ll be jetting off soon.
- December 22, 2022 at 9:34 am #703268ChloeCDuchessRegistered On: November 5, 2019Topics: 14Replies: 683Has thanked: 2606 timesBeen thanked: 3326 times
Hi Billie, Yep celebrating out of state with one of our adult offspring and young grandchildren. Each of our kids lives in a different state so for Thanksgiving we were at one place , now for Christmas with our youngest grandkids and towards the end of winter with the other. Makes going places more interesting and of course with young children around we get to recall our own memories . We’re down ‘south’ now and it’s snowing but thankfully missing the heavy snow predicted for Michigan.
- December 22, 2022 at 9:06 am #703261Holly MarieLadyRegistered On: August 8, 2022Topics: 12Replies: 154Has thanked: 166 timesBeen thanked: 717 times
Hi, BillieJay; as a devout Atheist, I celebrated yesterdays Solstice (surely, the true New Year?) with a couple of beers at the local Spoons (for those ladies not in the UK, Wetherspoons is a low cost pub chain.) I intend to celebrate New Year at home with some cider and red wine – going out is not my sort of thing, seeing as everywhere is jam packed and the places that were trying to pull me in only a few days before are all of a sudden telling me I need to pay them £5 just to pass their doors! Otherwise, life goes on as normal – and the craziness that everyone else seems to suffer from just passes me by! So, I’d just like to send belated Solstice wishes and slightly early New Year felicitations to all those lovely ladies out there – and 2023 is going to be better than the last year was! Love you all: Holly XXX
- December 22, 2022 at 2:37 pm #703334BillieJayManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: September 21, 2018Topics: 2499Replies: 371Has thanked: 1353 timesBeen thanked: 2069 times
I was trying hard to be agnostic in how I made out this poll… I hope you liked it!
I believe that the “other” holidays around this time were fabricated to put a religious spin on the Winter Solstice, personally…
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by BillieJay.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.