Tagged: Are you dancing?
- November 22, 2021 at 9:13 am #578899ElizabethParticipantRegistered On: October 7, 2021Topics: 24Replies: 319Has thanked: 1818 timesBeen thanked: 1348 times
I personally never went to a dance hall when I was a teenager in the 1960’s but my sister and her chums where never out of them.
- This topic was modified 1 week ago by BillieJay.
- November 23, 2021 at 1:16 am #579238Bianca EverdeneLadyRegistered On: April 11, 2017Topics: 29Replies: 928Has thanked: 3988 timesBeen thanked: 4092 times
- November 22, 2021 at 10:24 pm #579212Stephanie AstonBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: May 31, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 76Has thanked: 391 timesBeen thanked: 346 times
Back in the late 70’s I loved disco music and going to various nightclubs etc. But now I’m confined to a bit of Dad dancing every now and again 😂
I would love to hit the clubs again as Stephanie, wearing a gorgeous sparkly mini dress and heels, though I probably wouldn’t/couldn’t dance in the heels but it would be such a lot of fun.💃🏻
love Stephanie ❤️
- November 22, 2021 at 5:09 pm #579119DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 163Replies: 3922Has thanked: 22835 timesBeen thanked: 14584 times
- November 22, 2021 at 5:03 pm #579118
- November 22, 2021 at 4:47 pm #579112Marlene RobertsLadyRegistered On: December 9, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 162Has thanked: 2333 timesBeen thanked: 393 times
In Birmingham, England, in the 60s the main meeting place was the dance floor, especially The Locarno. None stop dance music by two alternating live bands. Met my wife there. Locarno not there anymore and live big bands a rarity. Now live in the US. Best, Marlene.
- November 22, 2021 at 4:10 pm #579103Bobbi WattLadyRegistered On: February 17, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 23Has thanked: 206 timesBeen thanked: 147 times
When I would go to weddings and things like that my wife would want to dance and I couldn’t dance I felt very uncomfortable for some reason. Now a day’s when I go out dancing I wear what I want and I can dance all night .Thanks Bobbi
- November 22, 2021 at 3:05 pm #579085Rozalyne RichardsLadyRegistered On: September 20, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 751Has thanked: 225 timesBeen thanked: 2856 times
Hi Elizabeth i used to go out to the night clubs in the late 60’s and early 70’s before i got married, i used to go down to Manchester city centre to all the club’s down there,
All the girls used to dance around their handbags, I used to sometimes join them , they looked so glamorous in their sparkley 👗 dresses,
Hugs Roz X
- November 22, 2021 at 12:09 pm #578982
- November 22, 2021 at 11:50 am #578971Liara WolfeLadyRegistered On: August 14, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 772Has thanked: 1307 timesBeen thanked: 2826 times
- November 22, 2021 at 4:57 pm #579115ElizabethLadyRegistered On: October 7, 2021Topics: 24Replies: 319Has thanked: 1818 timesBeen thanked: 1348 times
Liara, I’d love to dance with you, but you couldn’t dance with me as I’ve got “2left feet”. If you saw me trying to dance you wouldn’t stop laughing at my antics. Why I posted this article. Yesterday a family friend called in. We all born in 1950. She recalled going to the dance halls here in Belfast. Boys would be in one corner, girls in the other. Boys would come over and ask one of the girls”are you dancing “? She would say “are you asking “? He would say “I’m asking “. She would say “I’m dancing “. Our friend confirmed this. I myself was never in a dance hall. I was more into singing. If you watch the old episodes of the Liverbirds , that was often mentioned.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.