Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Alison Anderson
      Duchess
      Registered On: October 15, 2018
      Topics: 13
      Replies: 844

I was too young in the 60’s to go dancing (I was 12 at the end of 1969).  Perhaps the only exception to that was the “Alley Cat” which is more of a line dance.  When people tried to teach me to dance in the 70’s, they would tell me “Just do whatever you want.”  That was never a help, because all I really wanted to do was get off the dance floor.

I was also never a big fan of discos or disco music.  And I hated the loud music.  I would have to stuff tissues or cotton in my ear just to survive a little while.  And I hated listening to music with super loud base that felt more like “Sensurround.”

(Sensurround was the technology first used in the 1974 movies “Earthquake” and “The Towering Inferno” to generate high volume very low frequency sound which at best sounds like a rumbling noise.  It’s high volume meant that you could feel the rumble even if it was below your hearing range.)

I could do a little of ballroom type dancing, but dance isn’t really a creative thing for me.  I’m not very coordinated, but could learn more by repetition rather than improvisation.

The funny thing is I do enjoy dancing more in a skirt or dress, particularly with a flowy skirt.  Whether it’s just swaying, twisting, or spinning, it’s a lot more fun.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Anonymous
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 0

What, with these three left feet? I do the Jerry Lee – “just stand in one spot and wiggle around just a little bit”

Connie
      xxx

ps Mind you, put me in a 50’s outfit and I’d be glad to give it a go.

4 users thanked author for this post.
        Lacy Satin
        Lady
        Registered On: June 27, 2018
        Topics: 7
        Replies: 483

I hear ya!!  I have a pair of ruffled bloomers from the 40’s or 50’s that I would love to wear under one of my vintage dresses and go twirl on a dance floor.

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Paula F
      Duchess
      Registered On: August 7, 2019
      Topics: 17
      Replies: 1556

I danced through most of the late 70’s & the 80’s.  Disco, country, slow and easy, some ballroom.  Slowed way down in the 90’s when the music was not so good.  I love going out a couple of times a month now and having a nice twirl.

PaulaF

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Deborah Sullivan
      Lady
      Registered On: February 27, 2020
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 973

Bsck in the 70’s I danced a lot at the tclubs here in LA with my girlfriends and admirers. I loved dancing in a swing skirt or mini then. Felt dreamy with a guy leading and did it in heels

Nancy Gamms
      Duchess - Annual
      Registered On: March 1, 2017
      Topics: 14
      Replies: 279

Dance like there is no youtube.

Anonymous

I used to dance Argentine, I danced jive at competition level up until covid and my favourite was my contemporary dance. The month everything shut down I was due to perform publicly in a huge event as both a core and solo dancer…yup loved my dancing just need to see if I can get it back as my mojo has disappeared with new priorities.

Bianca Everdene
      Lady
      Registered On: April 11, 2017
      Topics: 30
      Replies: 968

Yesyesyes I’m dancing, love it. Can’t wait to get on the dance door in heels and a long sequin gown, shut my eyes and just 💃

❤️Bianca

Stephanie Aston
      Lady
      Registered On: May 31, 2018
      Replies: 98

Back in the late 70’s I loved disco music and going to various nightclubs etc.  But now I’m confined to a bit of Dad dancing every now and again 😂

I would love to hit the clubs again as Stephanie,  wearing a gorgeous sparkly mini dress and heels, though I probably wouldn’t/couldn’t dance in the heels but it would be such a lot of fun.💃🏻

love Stephanie ❤️

Anonymous

Love dancing all types slow to fast and even ball room dancing. Learned ballroom while was on cruise several years ago.  One day wanting to learn the salasa once get all healed up from bottom surgery.

Hugs

Donna

Debbie Lynn
      Lady
      Registered On: July 26, 2020
      Replies: 148

I love to dance! Especially in a short skirt & heels! So Fun!!

Marlene Roberts
      Lady
      Registered On: December 9, 2019
      Replies: 212

In Birmingham, England, in the 60s the main meeting place was the dance floor, especially The Locarno. None stop dance music by two alternating live bands. Met my wife there. Locarno not there anymore and live big bands a rarity. Now live in the US. Best, Marlene.

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Bobbi Watt
      Lady
      Registered On: February 17, 2020
      Replies: 27

When I would go to weddings and things like that my wife would want to dance and I couldn’t dance I felt very uncomfortable for some reason. Now a day’s when I go out dancing I wear what I want and I can dance all night .Thanks Bobbi

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Anonymous

Hi Elizabeth i used to go out to the night clubs in the late 60’s and early 70’s before i got married, i used to go down to Manchester city centre to all the club’s down there,

All the girls used to dance around their handbags, I used to sometimes join them , they looked so glamorous in their sparkley 👗 dresses,

Hugs Roz X

Angela Booth
      Lady
      Registered On: August 1, 2020
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 1147

Throw a handbag on the floor, start the music and I will dance around it….

Liara Wolfe
      Lady
      Registered On: August 14, 2021
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 1607

I am not much of a dancer in general, but as Liara I think I would love to go dancing with my partner taking the lead. I would feel so girlish.

Hugs, Liara

6 users thanked author for this post.
        Ballymacreely Elizabeth(Liz)
        Lady
        Registered On: October 7, 2021
        Topics: 34
        Replies: 393

Liara, I’d love to dance with you, but you couldn’t dance with me as I’ve got “2left feet”. If you saw me trying to dance you wouldn’t stop laughing at my antics. Why I posted this article. Yesterday a family friend called in. We all born in 1950. She recalled going to the dance halls here in Belfast. Boys would be in one corner, girls in the other. Boys would come over and ask one of the girls”are you dancing “? She would say “are you asking “? He would say “I’m asking “. She would say “I’m dancing “. Our friend confirmed this. I myself was never in a dance hall. I was more into singing. If you watch the old episodes of the Liverbirds , that was often mentioned.

Liz

6 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.