This topic contains 16 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  karley delaware 5 hours ago.

• Creator
    Topic

stephanie plumb
    Participant
    Registered On: November 17, 2018
    Topics: 30
    Replies: 200

I ask this because when I am out and about in the countryside en femme, as Stephanie, I am much more relaxed if  I come across women, either singly, or in groups, or in mixed family groups, and are more likely to pass them close by.  But if I see a man or men coming towards me, or looking in my direction,  I  go into panic mode and take avoiding action, until it is clear they are not a threat. It is worse the younger the man is too. But I am still much more inclined to avoid older men too.  Is this simply a matter of seeing a man as a positive threat whereas women are not? Or is it I think a man will be more disapproving?  As a man I am not at all worried by other men out in lonely places because I can handle myself quite well. But Stephanie feels very vulnerable and sees men as a real threat. Am I feeling what  women feel when out in the country?   Do women automatically see men as a threat?  I have noticed that when I am out as a male, women on their own do seem a bit apprehensive as we approach each other and usually avoid eye contact.  On the other hand a woman with a dog is much more relaxed if I am also with my dog.

So, are you more scared of men when out en femme?

• Author
    Replies
     karley delaware 
    Participant
    Registered On: October 23, 2017
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 172

I have not gone out fully in femme, but sometimes my dressing is somewhat “questionable”, wearing  above knee shorts, perfume, pony tail, and  maybe some modest jewelry like a cheap ankle bracelet.   I am cautious around men and avoid groups of men.  I carry modest weapons like keys, bright flashlight, monkey fist and a tile cutter knife.  I am on the short side in height at 5.3 and have taken an urban self defense class just in case.  So far, nobody pays me any mind.  My neighborhood is inner city.

karley delaware

1 user thanked author for this post.
     Tiffany Wells 
    Participant
    Registered On: April 10, 2019
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 47

Haven’t been out in femme myself but I think it’s more of men disapproving more because like u said when I’m male mode u can handle your own so in femme mode if it came to it ud be able to do the same thing. That’s just my view on it. Have no fear dear( lol coming from me who scared to leave the house in femme)

Cherrie Llewellyn 
      Participant
      Registered On: January 10, 2018
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 21

Tiffany

Hey girl. I was the same way as you, too scared to go out as cherrie. Fear is a string emotion. I built up enough will power and strength to go out one night with some friends that are drag queens. And by the end of the night I had an exciting time. It felt like I had won the lottery. One day at a time time Tiffany that’s all it takes. If you want to go out in femme, you will get enough courage to do so. I hope when that day comes I would like to be the first one to know.

😘 cherrie

Dame Veronica Graunwolf 
    Participant
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 1746

After my days in Nam………no one causes me fear. The Devil whispered….beware the storm. The Knight replied……I am the Storm.

4 users thanked author for this post.
     Imogen Mann 
    Participant
    Registered On: March 2, 2019
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 116

Purely because men are ‘generally’ more aggressive towards trans people, and it;s well documented that lone females run into trouble too… Yes, I avoid them, not fear, just self preservation and common sense.

Imogen X

Anne Preuss 
    Participant
    Registered On: December 13, 2018
    Replies: 257

The situation definitely dictates my level of fear.   I’ve been en femme during the daylight hours with an older gentleman glancing (leering) at my chest.  Since other patrons were there, my level of fear was nonexistent.   I’ve never gone clubbing but if I were and a man were hitting on me, my level of fear might/would escalate depending upon how he came across to me.   Now if I were walking from my car to a bar or club at night and I saw a man, my fear would definitely escalate until I could be in the security of others around me.

Nancy Gamms 
    Participant
    Registered On: March 1, 2017
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 106

I’ve had some cat calls before but was in a bit of a public place and not worried for my safety.  I think having mace as a woman is a good idea.

Sa·man·tha 
    Participant
    Registered On: January 21, 2018
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 355

Yes Stephanie…not sure I’d describe it as “fear” per se…I tend to be suspicious of everyone…but I feel like women are more liable to accept me whereas men are less liable.

The fact is, this is not always so.  A second fact is, so far I haven’t felt that anyone of whatever gender has mistreated me any time I’ve been out.

But yet, I’m more anxious about men.  Women have equal capability for confrontation and violence, let’s bear that in mind as truth but yet it’s men who have that reputation.  I really think these stereotypes need to be revisited with an objective eye.  Ever been in an abusive relationship?  I have some baggage here.

To be honest: it’s that I’m afraid of being judged harshly by other men, whereas I don’t feel this fear about women.  The counterpoint is that I can charm a man, women will be immune to my charms, most likely.  The situation has never arose but I always keep weaponry close at hand.  I avoid seedy places and keep aware of what’s going on about me.

3 users thanked author for this post.
     Michelle Liefde 
    Ambassador
    Registered On: May 27, 2018
    Topics: 33
    Replies: 749

I think being aware of your surroundings and those around you is just a smart thing to do.  Do men scare me? Well people in general do because of how easy a simple situation can escalate. I have not gone out as Michelle, but thanks to many stories I have heard over the years from GG and Trans Women alike, I think we should be confident but vigilant.

2 users thanked author for this post.
       Sa·man·tha 
      Participant
      Registered On: January 21, 2018
      Topics: 37
      Replies: 355

Yea?  What kind of stories were those Michelle?

Michelle Liefde 
        Ambassador
        Registered On: May 27, 2018
        Topics: 33
        Replies: 749

Stories of being harassed by men in public places, feeling uncomfortable riding the train or walking in a park by oneself.  And some stories that I will not repeat here involving a whole lot worse than feeling uncomfortable.

Dasia ThePhoenix 
    Participant
    Registered On: April 12, 2019
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 20

Not at all. I could hold my own and I don’t have sacred reverence for their gender. Meaning I’m my own person and I think we all are.

Kayla C 
    Founder
    Registered On: February 8, 2018
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 188

Stephanie,

I think this is a great topic.  As a GG when out in public especially at night, parking lots, etc I really try to be very careful and have some safety measures in place.  It is always better not to be along but this isn’t always possible for me.  I try to make sure I’m not on the phone, keys very close, and confident.  I actually have more male friends that female so I wouldn’t say I am scared of men.  It is just important to be careful and aware.  We live in a strange world and it is very sad that we have to feel we could be in danger.

Stay safe,

Kayla

4 users thanked author for this post.
     Mikki Monroe 
    Participant
    Registered On: March 24, 2019
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 171

I’ve never been out…………but I can answer—I hate men…………..but deep inside me, I’d like to meet other’s like me……….and prone to my style………maybe not totally passable, but shapely, smooth, and glammy……and shows that they work hard on that appearance…………then………….I could be totally engulfed………maybe just a fantasy—–but I do ‘go there’………….

Mikki

Erica 
    Participant
    Registered On: April 10, 2018
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 32

In man or woman mode, or just everyday somewhere inbetween I am cautious of men. I find women more comfortable to be with. I do think women are cautious of men. I also think I was less approving as a younger guy. We need to unlearn what we are trained by movies and TV. Scociety teaches us. I wish I could share my full self with the world but fear dictates a lit of behavior on both sides. In me and the world around me. Great question. Would live to hear other opinions.

Tiffany Alexis 
    Participant
    Registered On: March 28, 2019
    Replies: 75

Never been out en femme, but if I was, and if it were more than one man esp a group of 3-5 young men, yes. I live in an area that violence against cds can occur easier than in most. Any one man I am not afraid of, I know how to handle myself and he will come out the worse unless he has a weapon. Two, I could hurt enough to get away. But more than that, unless you are a SEAL or something, and I am not, I know I’d go down. I’ve seen quite a few of those fights (lifelong emergency services/rescue in hard core urban systems) and they end poorly and yea they scare me. Probably my second biggest fear, after my wife finding out I dress lol.

Tiffany

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account