• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 5 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Elaine
      Duchess

I’ve started watching a Netflix series entitled ‘Secret City’.  It’s a few years old so perhaps I am the last one to see it.  Anyway – one of the main characters (Kim Gordan played by Damon Herrimon) is CD or transwoman.  She plays the part very respectfully – successful, powerful, sophisticated, elegant…, Many programs portray us as sex workers, psycho killers, some deviant person, or an over the top laughable character.  Kim Gordon does us proud.  Just sayin’.

Anonymous

Elaine it sounds very interesting I will take a look.

Thank you

Sarah

Rachel M
      Lady

Hi Elaine,

Thanks for the post.  CDers are a very misunderstood group in society because of the media.   Always enjoy seeing shows/movies that accurately portray us, not demonized us.

Rachel M

Anonymous

Can’t remember which season it is, but there’s an episode of CSI which does that. All I know is that it’s before or during season 9, as Grissom was still on it. Anyway, the episode saw a guy who lost his wife, and he purchased a full rubber body suit in order to keep his wife’s memory alive. Took her name, everything. They even highlighted a whole community that did so. Unfortunately, the guy in question was a killer, but Grissom always treated them with respect.

I always liked Grissom on CSI.  His character always treated everyone with respect, no matter if their level of education was on par with his or they were total illiterates, they all got treated the same.  Maybe if more people would emulate his character, we would all be a lot calmer in our life with others.

PaulaF

Anonymous

One of my favorite episodes was the one with the Dwarf convention. He literally smacked down Nick with the line, “they’re dwarves or little people.” Had me laughing, and when I asked a friend who was a dwarf, he even said little people was offensive most of the time due to people’s tone.

Nice recommendation, I’ll have to check it out!

Anonymous

Hi Elaine a big thank you for letting us all know about Secret City, I am now totally engulfed with it an excellent drama.

Love Sarah

xx

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?