Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hey everyone,

So I have started to come out at work. My colleagues know and are supportive. I dress up everyday (heels, skirts, blouse), and once or twice a week I go full out (make-up, wig, prosthetics, etc.). Our office building is rather small (4 floors) and our floor usually has 4-6 people working (we used to have about 60, but most are still working from home). So my dilemma, especially when full out, I feel awkward using the washroom. We do not have any ”individual” washrooms…just the Men’s and Women’s washroom. On a few occasions, when I knew I was the only person working that day, I got to use the women’s washroom, but once there are other colleagues around, I still use the Men’s. On a few occasions, I cross a colleague. I feel I don’t belong in the Men’s washroom, but I’m afraid of offending any women if I use their washroom. There are a few people I know that I can talk to, but I am not familiar with each individual working here. What do I do?

Hi Stephanie, I started my transition at work and had made many numerous inquiries about doing so before I started. So everyone in the building knew that there was going to be a new person at the security desk.
      My debut was on March 31st, International Transgender Day of Visibility. On that day several ladies came up and handed me a notice telling me that “As of now you are officially a woman, therefore you are now banned from using the men’s room.” As it appears that transitioning is a direction you are heading, I would recommend talking to the people you work with to see how they feel.

Love ya,

Lauren M

Lauren, I have to say, you have some awesome coworkers. I can only imagine how that must have made you feel. Thank you for sharing.

Hugs, Jill

Hi Stephanie,You stated you are coming out at work.Have you spoken to your HR person and your superior?Do they know of your intention to transition?Please keep your HR people and your superiors advised and hopefully they will keep everybody else informed.Luck be with you and hugs,Michelle.

Anonymous

Use the womens restroom when dressed and presenting as a woman.

Anonymous
      Lady

Use the women’s washroom. Make sure it is extra clean when you leave. Men put up with a washroom that is less sanitary than women do.

Cece X
      Lady

The two bathrooms on the floor where I work used to be labeled “men” and “women.” Now they are both labeled “all-gender.” Even new employees quickly discover that one of the two bathrooms has a urinal, and makes their choices. Maybe you can be the person to ask HR to relabel the doors to the bathrooms. Quite possibly, HR will not do this until someone lobbies for the change.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I can only concur with the advice given. Talk to H.R and be led by them. I have not transitioned at work but have started as a female and there has never been an issue regarding washrooms. Some workplaces have same sex restrooms and most have Ladies and Mens. I use the ladies in every place and have had no issues whatsoever.

Hi Stephanie like others have said if you present as a woman do as women do and be sure to sit and your toes allways point away from the wall with out fail he he good luck girl..

Stephanie

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?