Viewing 3 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

This is my first posting on the Genetic Girls Forum.

The pandemic gave me the freedom to grow my nails long. They actually got quite nice and an oval or rounded style was possible. But then one broke and another broke…and I finally gave up and cut them all back to regular guy length.

The CD girls on this site with whom I have discussed this all recommend fake nails. But I insist on naturally long nails or naturally short nails…but no fake nails.

Here, then, is my very genuine question: Inasmuch as some Genetic Girls do manage to maintain decently long natural nails, how do you do it?

Your advice will be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you!

• This topic was modified 3 years ago by Eve Larson.
      Kayla
      Managing Ambassador

Hi Amanda

I am a CIS Woman. I have had issues growing my nails all my life. I have found dipped nails helps to strengthen and help them grow. Taking Biotin daily will help and drink lots of water. It is amazing how much drinking water will help your skin, nails, hair and overall health. I have also used clear nail polish or strength if nail polish which helps.
      I hope you find something that helps you. My nails and hair I always like then look good.
      Hugs

Kayla

Mandy Wife
      Baroness

If I have my nails even slightly long they break so I put a couple of coats of clear on them and that helps.

I also have a friend who has super long natural nails and she has shellac applied on top to strengthen them.

To answer your question about how to keep nails long, there are some basics:

-feel the corners of each nail EVERY day (I do this bu running my teeth along them as I used to be a nail biter) and make sure they are smooth. If one nail is not, file it until smooth.

-there is witchcraft nail gardener at shoppers drug mart in Toronto and I think it is by Sally Hansen. I do not use it but I heard it works.

Below, I explain what to do if you want nail polish that lasts but a less expensive version:

I get a “shellac only, no mani” done every 2-3 weeks. I get shellac put on, and in Toronto, it costs $25 plus tax ($20 for shellac and $5 to take off the old shellac).

I do not allow them to cut my cuticles as once they do, they will grow back more thickly. (If there are hangnails, a little snip is fine but not to remove all the cuticles. To remove all the cuticles is called a “full manicure”, and it costs $40. It is not necessary. If one has had cuticles cut before by getting a full manicure, if one ignores cuticles for 3 months, they will become soft and invisible again.)

The point I am making is that my “shellac removal and application” costs $25, every 2-3 weeks. I can do anything with it and it stays on perfectly.

-if one’s nails are “soft”  even with daily filing and/or with the clear nail polish Witchcraft by Sally Hansen, getting “gel nails” put on at the salon is the only way….but they are super expensive ($60 every 2-3 weeks)…I do not get them myself.

I hope this helps. 🙂

Carmen (Cis)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Dear Genetic Girls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?