Viewing 34 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Gail
      Lady

I was 12 yrs old and had money saved from my paper route.

There were no Walmart’s, Target’s or Kohl’s etc. at that time, only Big Box Stores where you dealt with a SalesLady, no browsing about looking and picking by yourself.

I somehow gathered courage, took the bus to the Plaza, walked around a bit, finally went into a Carson’s store and headed to Lingerie section. I already knew what I wanted to buy, so when approached by the saleslady, I said my sister wants me to get her a Garter Panty. Her next question blew me away(“What Size are you looking for?) I had NO IDEA. I finally told her, her waist 32”, my waist size at the time. The Saleslady proceeded to the drawers that contain all the Lingerie etc., open them up and asked if I had a color in mind–I said BLUE, she said not in stock, I must have been getting in the mood, because without hesitation  I blurted out “How about PINK”, that she had!

That was my very purchase, after I left that store I went to a Stockings Store (Yes at that time there were stores that sold Nylon stockings exclusively). Bought some there (size 11 Long), went to the restroom and donned my Garter Panty, attached my nylons to the Garters, then walked around all day feeling so Feminine and GIRLY>

I was 10 or 11 years old and I had about $10 saved from selling pop bottles I had collected around the neighborhood.  I made a fake shopping list that included some candy items, a bottle of Dr. Pepper, and a package of panties and a couple of other items.  I knew my size from sneaking my sisters undies from the laundry, and I headed out to the local T, G & Y store (anyone remember those?).

I had planned this trip meticulously so that I could go in when there was no one there that knew my mom.  I got the candy first, then headed over to the part of the store that had all the girls things.  It took me a minute, but I finally found my target, a 4 pack of plain, white, cotton panties.  I checked the size numbers really quick, grabbed what I wanted and headed for the soda machine.  Every step away from the panty aisle made my heart pound faster and harder and I’m sure the lady at the register thought I was up to something when I put everything on the counter.  I was sweating and probably almost shaking by then and I made sure I had put the list with the items on the counter, so she could see I was shopping for other people too.

She didn’t say a word about the panties, to my utter relief, rang up the items and bagged them and then I was out the door and on my bike so quick, I imagine she didn’t even get to blink.  That was probably THE fastest ride home I ever had on that bike that day.  When I got back to our apartment, my sister was there with one of her gossipy girlfriends, so I had to wait to try on panties that actually belonged to me, and time stood still.  Probably no more than 10 minutes, but maybe it was hours to me before they left.

They fit pretty well, maybe just a bit big, but they were MINE.  I think I kept all 4 pair of those panties until they just wore out.  It was terrifying, but exhilarating at the same time too.  And now, as long as I had some money, I would never have to raid the neighborhood clothes lines for panties ever again.  I had the whole process and all of the steps I needed to take to make a successful purchase for myself after that.

PaualaF

Laurel
      Lady

I was around 14 and was working in a restaurant where the waitresses wore black skirts and black pantyhose and modest heels. It drove me crazy when I would find a pair tossed at the end of the night and I would grab them from the ladies restroom. I finally got the courage to buy a new pair of my own on break one day. I wrote down what I wanted so the lady at the hosiery counter in Carson’s would know exactly what I needed as I knew how nervous I would be. I told her it was for one of our waitresses. I bought a lovely pair of Hanes ultra sheer control top pantyhose with reinforced toe (love those to this day) and couldn’t believe the sensation of sliding a brand new pair in my size up my skinny legs. I was a hosiery fan for life right then and there.

If my memory serves me correctly, it would have to be in my early 20s.  I never had a job yet, but it would have been in my first year at University.  I remember receiving a student loan, and being foolish and young, I thought it was free money.

So after all the years I’ve been dressing in my mom’s clothes, which no longer fit me anymore, I decided to splurge and use the loan money to buy clothing.

I headed to KMart and bought a slew of stuff, like women’s one piece swimsuits, aerobic wear – leotard and spandex legging (I totally regret purging these items, as I can’t get them back again without paying a premium price), and some shapewear.

Most of the stuff fit me well, except the shapewear bodysuit as the highest size was 36 and I needed at least a 38 or 40.

Love the question.  I was 16 and could drive where i wanted when i wanted (within teenage limits) and i headed downtown to the local Dept store.  Nervous as all get out.  Heart beating two miles a minute but i did it!  No eye contact, of course, but made the purchase.  Just panties, white briefs with lace panels,  but they were mine, all mine! And so my borrowing days were over.

I first bought my own panties last year at 24. Now I’m 26 and have a somewhat of a women’s wardrobe!

The femme urge got me at 55 and I lived alone so simply drove to walmart and bought my first bra. It wasn’t that big of an event for me really, I’d been shopping with and for my daughters while they were growing up.

Nice Gail.

Lee Ann

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Probably early 30’s during my first interstate business trip to Sydney. Went to a department store and bought a bra panty girdle and (I think) stockings.

Can remember a few muffled giggles from the sales assistant, but not much more. Hell that was over 40 years ago)

At the end of the trip, (Sadly repeated many times over) what ever I had bought went in the bin before I got home.

Eventually I kept most of my purchases, cos I was part owner of a manufacturing business and had lots of personal hidey holes to keep my “Stash”

Caty

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

Yes, most of remember these early shopping expeditions.

I may have been around 10, and I combined allowance money and money I earned cutting lawns and doing chores for neighbors, then rode the city bus into town, Union NJ.  At Woolworth’s or McCrory’s dime stores (remember those in the 1950s?), I purchased panties and a cheap bra.  At this age, I was wearing my mother’s clothes and the girl across the street would allow me to use some of her items.

Around 12 years old, I began using the Sears mail order catalog.  At 16, I had my driver’s license, which made everything so easy.

Robin
      Lady

I was 12 as well  l went to jC Penney  and bought a long line bra . The sales lady  kept asking if it was the right one . I think she wanted to help me but I said yes and left .

I bought my first underwear in my early 30’s had been wearing mum’s , sister’s , other girl’s undies (not bras ) on and off for years ,when I was away at college even tried on my landlady’s underwear . Near where I worked there was a shop that sold sexy underwear  I bought a suspender belt , panties and stockings , could wait to get home that evening and try them on (my wife was still at work) and that was the start of my cd life ,over the years many purges but now I am settled and loving my time cd mostly underdressed wearing my lovely underwear and very occasionally enfemme   Michelle xx

Anonymous

My first purchases were a white bra, breast forms, panties and a skirt (all on the same day) from Amazon.  I was 61 at the time.  I just love to transform myself into a woman and wish I had discovered the joy of crossdressing many years ago.  Better late than never!😊

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I was 13 when I bought my first pantyhose. The sales lady was very helpful helping me with sizing. She kept telling me my mother would like these or they were my mother’s size. Did she know my mother? If she did, why was she helping me buy pantyhose that would be to large for her?

She took the pantyhose to the register, rang it up and put it in a bag. The next time I was in she saw me again and asked how my mother liked the pantyhose. What would you like to get for her today? It was another pair of sheer to waist. She tool it to the register and put it in a bag as she had done before.

Everytime I came in she helped me with my pantyhose purchases. It didn’t occur to me until some time later that she probably knew I was buying the pantyhose for myself. That’s why she was always checking the size to see if they would fit me. The remarks about my mother was just her helping me be discreet.

I was 17 and had just moved away fro home to attend college. I purchased a longline bra and panties from a Sears catalogue. Now I just go to the shops and buy them.

This question brings me back to how I became interested in panties in the first place back in my troubled teens. The local five and dime store was selling girls nylon panties in the same style and basic colors (white, pink, yellow and light blue) that I frequently saw Christine 1.0 accidentally reveal above the waistband of her pants so of course I had to pluck up enough courage to pick up a three pack for myself, and the feeling of that shimmering material on my skin had me hooked. 

Christine

Hello Gail,             I think it was when I was about 20 or 21, not sure. I went into Marks & Spencers [M&S] a long way from my home, so no one would recognize me when in the shop. I bought my first pair of knickers, they were a size 12 & white nylon lace.                 love,  Helenmarie

I bought my very first underwear in person at a Victorias Secret store in the mid ’90’s. I had graduated college and was finally living on my own. This was pre-internet so I used the various holidays (Christmas, Valentines day etc) as my cover for going into stores to buy for my girlfriend. I did actually buy for my girlfriend (we wore the same size) but there always happened to be a couple extra articles on the counter when it came time for me to checkout. I’m not sure if the cashier was the wiser despite me buying 5-10 pairs of panties at one time. Yeah, I guess she knew. Oh well. It was so exhilarating and liberating.

I was 16, had started driving and had my first job as a bag boy and carryout at our local grocery store. I had started my journey five years ago, wearing my mom’s things whenever I got the chance. Bras, panties, hosiery, swimsuits and foundations(girdles for those under the age of 40). Mostly, her underthings were white, tan or black. Certainly on the conservative side. I was looking for something a bit younger and sexier.

I drove to our local Sears store. I had money in my pocket and I needed a fix. I went early on a Tuesday morning, just as the store opened. My heart was racing. I worried(needlessly) about being seen by someone I knew or one of my mom’s friends. I got to the lingerie department and I was in Heaven. Nothing but femininity surrounded me. I headed straight for the bikini panties.

I found a bikini style of nylon with a narrow lace waistband and lace leg openings. I bought those panties in black, red, navy blue, ivory, yellow and white. $14 for six panties. I was in panty heaven. Size 6. Money so well spent. What a nice thing to remember that happened nearly 50 years ago.

Kay

Anonymous

13 years old around halloween time and we were going out trick or treating as girls!  me and my cousin who lived within walking distance to a thrift store bought a denim skirt and camis, not the best outfits for october in michigan lol i remember it like  it was yesterday but it was 16 years ago.

Hi Girls

MY very first purchase for myself was 💄 lipstick.  I was 49 yeats old.  The next day I purchased my first pair of panties. By the end of the week I had my first outfit, complete with shoes.

This was less than a year ago. I still remember the thrill of putting on my lipstick in the car for my 3 hour drive to the hotel I was staying at for work the next day.

Love and Hugs

Paula

Rosiebeth
      Lady

Well I’ve been dressing since I was 7 years but I was 52 when I bought my first feminine clothing.  A matching bra and pantie and a satin evening night dress with matching robe.    The difference now is that there mine.
      hugs

Rosiebeth.

I was 16 and was at a K-Mart. I bought a lovely red bustier. It was close to valentines day. I remember I was going to tell the cashier it was a gift for my girl friend if she asked. There was a problem with the transaction of the person in front of me. She bought quite a few items. They had to take everything out of the bags that they already rang up and do it again. It seemed to take forever. I just wanted to make the purchase and leave. It seemed like it took forever!

I’ve been dressing since I was six… but always in someone else’s stuff. When I was 30, and amazon made it possible, I bought my first pair of red pumps and nude lace top stockings. By the first time I could put them on in private, I bought my first white bra and panty set from Target. Needless to say… I fell totally in love with Aimee that night… and it’s only gotten better  😉

Rosiebeth
      Lady

Oh. Lingerie shops are to die for sweets.  Don’t be afraid because the girls will help.

Judy Ann
      Lady

I was 16 at the time, I went to Kmart and bought a pink bra, i didn’t know much about sizes but it looked like it would fit me, there were a couple of girls giggling  and watching me and then got in line behind me.  I made my purchase and went on my way. I got home tried it on, it was a little tight but I could wear it.  Next time I was out I bought a garter belt and  stockings from the Woolworth store.

Hugs, Judy

Anonymous

I remember it so well. I was 13 yrs old. I had walked down to Montgomery Wards. I was so nervous. I walked around the boys section and then wondered into the woman’s section. When I walked over to the panties there was a lady who was staring at me, I can only imagine what she was thinking. I walked over to stand and started looking for my size. I found a 3 pack on a hanger Red White and black. All satin and frilly. I walked them up to a counter where an older lady was working. She asked me “Dear what do you need these for.” I told her they were for my sister. She looked at me funny and rang me up.  It was quite the experience at 13 but I got over it and have been buying woman’s clothing for 28 yrs now.

Great Question/Topic XOXO

My first was in my early 20’s. Before then was always my sisters or friends sisters.

It was a lingerie shop and got my first pair of panties. Powder blue silky bikini.

After that it has been many visits to Victoria Secrets, luv to get help picking them out from the younger sales girls.

Hugs–Christie

Gail
      Lady

wonderful————-

I was 16 I had A summer saying job in the city. When i got off the bus I had A two block walk to where I worked and passed a small lingerie shop both going and returning from work. I always slowed my pace passing the shop checking the display of all the lovely things. One day there was A beautiful peach color bra and pantie set and A yellow  baby doll nightie in the window I thought about them all day on the way home I checked them out again. I had to have them so the next day after work I gathered up my courage and went into the shop, A  older woman asked if I saw something i liked and I replied yes the peach bra and panties and the yellow nightie. Asking  the size I wanted she placed them on the counter saying you have good taste in lingerie and showed me panties that just came in I bought three more. She made me feel quite comfortable and told me to come back again. It was A very enjoyable experience one that I have repeated many times.

Ahhh, brings back such great memories. I was about 16 or 17. I had bought nylon panties for myself several times by that time, but what I really wanted was a garter belt and stockings of my own. I had been fixated on pretty lace garter belts since the first time I saw them in the Sears catalog. I was determined to get one for myself. I went to a local department store and boldly headed straight for the lingerie department. After looking for a few minutes, I found a lovely red satin garter belt with black lace. I had to have it! It would match perfectly with either the red or black nylon panties I already owned. Luckily, the stockings section was close by and I quickly found a package of sheer black nylon stockings. I was all set. I went to register and a young woman, not too much older than myself, helped me. She was really sweet and smiled as she rang up my purchases. She didn’t ask who they were for but probably had a good idea that I was getting them for myself. She placed them in a bag and thanked me with a smile. I rushed home wanting to try them on immediately, hoping I had chosen the correct sizes as this was the first time I had bought a garter belt and stockings. Luckily, I did a good job of sizing and everything fit wonderfully. I tried them on with my red nylon panties with black lace and they matched perfectly. I’ll never forget that day, purchasing and then wearing my first garter belt.

Natalie
      Lady

I was 20 years old (36 now) I went to a 24 hour Walmart about 3 in the morning as I was still very in the closest about my cding i remember the place being empty but since it’s 24 hours I could shop the women’s section in peace. I found a short skirt I really liked and then picked up a few other things and checked out. I still have that same skirt although it’s getting a little worn from lots of use over the years. After I bought my first clothing item I couldn’t stop after that! lol

Fatale
      Lady

I bought a short skirt with a matching corsage and white stockings when I was 16. I’ve never been one of the hot guys; I’m shorter, bigger butt, weak jawline, etc. So I thought if everyone was gonna treat me as a girl anyway, I might aswell dress like one.

My parents figured it out and did not take it well. Suddenly one day it was gone from my closet. They never admitted to throwing it out but I’m gonna bet my money on that they did. Either that or clothes have become sentient and started walking out on their own

Kimmie
      Lady

My thought exactly. I found it difficult enough to buy lingerie for my wife for Valentine’s Day. The mere thought of shopping for myself and getting attention and help from a saleslady gives me the chills. Thank goodness for the internet and plain shipping materials.

Sarina
      Lady

I was 23 when I bought my first pair of heels off of Wish, which were black with bows on them! I was so excited when I got them in the mail, it didn’t take long to get a new, different pair!

I haven’t yet bought anything in person, definitely sparks the anxiety that I’ve seen other ladies mention.

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?