- December 10, 2021 at 6:00 am #586743HippieParticipantRegistered On: December 20, 2016Topics: 38Replies: 332Has thanked: 1349 timesBeen thanked: 1526 times
- December 16, 2021 at 12:00 am #589596Lacy SatinLadyRegistered On: June 27, 2018Topics: 7Replies: 486Has thanked: 442 timesBeen thanked: 2232 times
I only came up with a feminine name when I started creating profiles online.
I really just like to call myself by my birth name, but I just put Miss in front of it.
I feel less identity loss by keeping my real name but identifying it with the feminine.
- December 15, 2021 at 10:48 pm #589583Carmen CruzLadyRegistered On: September 12, 2021Topics: 27Replies: 286Has thanked: 433 timesBeen thanked: 1717 times
49, the day I decided to try crossdressing. I needed a user name! I think if I were to transition, I’d keep it. The only issue is people start speaking spanish to me as soon as I tell them my name… and I’m like, I have no idea what you’re saying!
It makes it awkward after though… essentially, I make them hit on me, twice. Once in spanish, and once in English when I tell them I can’t understand them. LOL.
- This reply was modified 5 months ago by Carmen Cruz.
- December 15, 2021 at 9:31 pm #589562Lara TuckerLadyRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 788Has thanked: 17408 timesBeen thanked: 2837 times
- December 12, 2021 at 1:53 pm #588040Rayna CarlianDuchessRegistered On: March 4, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 409Has thanked: 554 timesBeen thanked: 1432 times
- December 12, 2021 at 11:51 am #587978Emily AltDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 14Replies: 758Has thanked: 626 timesBeen thanked: 3620 times
I didn’t have a name until I accepted my crossdressing when I was 55. That’s when Emily became a person. Now that I’ve started to transition, I have to consider what I want my legal identity to be. There’s a good chance it won’t be Emily Alt.
- December 12, 2021 at 8:10 am #587841Michelle McQueenLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 24Replies: 1232Has thanked: 7565 timesBeen thanked: 6118 times
I’ve had different fem names over the years starting in middle school but my current name here on CDH came from my male name which is Michael so Michelle it is for me. I think its a nice sounding female name.
- December 12, 2021 at 10:11 am #587913BobbiRegistered On: September 13, 2018Topics: 36Replies: 1759Has thanked: 2298 timesBeen thanked: 5704 times
- December 12, 2021 at 8:04 am #587839Dee FrostLadyRegistered On: September 18, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 38Has thanked: 83 timesBeen thanked: 261 times
I wrote a letter early in my CD days to the notable Virginia Prince (yes, a long long time ago when we actually put pen to paper. Well that and telephone were the ONLY ways back then.). She phoned me one evening when I was living in Kansas City. She was the sweetest soul, and so openly honest and helpful. Just out of the blue in the conversation she pronounced that I needed a “real name.” She was exceedingly clear that it was NOT a “femme name.” It took me a long while to figure out what she meant. She said she knew that I was going to become a full-time woman some day.
Anyway, Dianna Marie just blurted out. Virginia blessed it, proclaimed “Dee” as the contraction, and that has been me ever since!
Oh, and Virginia was right, BTW!
- December 12, 2021 at 7:42 am #587830KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 10Replies: 727Has thanked: 3346 timesBeen thanked: 3625 times
My Mom gave me the name Krista. It is the name she picked for me as she thought she was definitely having a daughter before I was born. And she so much wanted to have a daughter that when I was a child we would have “girls” Saturdays all the time. She told me about the name when I was in my mid-50s just over 10 years ago, I loved it immediately. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Krista.
- December 12, 2021 at 7:31 am #587826Registered On: September 13, 2018Topics: 36Replies: 1759Has thanked: 2298 timesBeen thanked: 5704 times
- December 12, 2021 at 6:25 am #587808Renee RebornRegistered On: December 11, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 2Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 13 times
I’m 59 and actually just did about a month ago. I wanted a name that would have meaning to me. So since I’m kind of a research geek I started looking at names and their meaning or origin. Renee means reborn. When I saw that I felt something in my soul. Like a door opening.
Might sound hokey but it’s real to me.
- December 12, 2021 at 4:58 am #587769
- December 12, 2021 at 4:19 am #587733Regine KellyLadyRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 44Replies: 1464Has thanked: 20371 timesBeen thanked: 6973 times
- December 12, 2021 at 3:26 am #587715Tara RyanLadyRegistered On: April 20, 2021Topics: 4Replies: 451Has thanked: 1417 timesBeen thanked: 1753 times
I was 12 and I had bought the Roxy Music album Avalon, there is a track called Tara on there and the name just clicked.
- December 12, 2021 at 4:24 am #587734
- December 12, 2021 at 3:14 am #587711AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Um. 65! I needed one for CDH, which coincided with one of those Facebook “work out your drag name” things. Constance was my late gran, Twirl was the last chocolate I’d eaten.
Hello to Connie!
- December 12, 2021 at 2:45 am #587704Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1561Has thanked: 30616 timesBeen thanked: 6377 times
My sister and the friend of hers who helped dress me the very first time just put the ‘a’ after my boy name. It worked for me, so I was okay with it.
In my late teens and early 20’s, I tried a couple of different names, but always came back to Paula.
- December 10, 2021 at 1:49 pm #587008AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
was 6 when came to my name like you heather my parents were going to call me Donna if was a girl will now am a girl and offical Name once able to change all my legal docs to Donna
- December 10, 2021 at 1:28 pm #586990AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- December 10, 2021 at 12:54 pm #586958Liara WolfeDuchessRegistered On: August 14, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 1484Has thanked: 2846 timesBeen thanked: 5104 times
- December 10, 2021 at 9:58 am #586840SylviaLadyRegistered On: October 10, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 674Has thanked: 16793 timesBeen thanked: 2814 times
Dear Hippie ,
My Feminine name is the name I would have had If i was born a girl.
I don’t know at what age I used it for the first time , but I liked it right away.
CDH is the first site I have used it for myself online or anywhere else.
- December 10, 2021 at 9:33 am #586822Angela BoothLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 1005Has thanked: 3735 timesBeen thanked: 4691 times
In my mid thirties. I asked my mother what I would have been called if I were born a girl. My surname came in a bit of a panic when I was applying for a secondary credit card for my femme self.
- This reply was modified 5 months ago by Angela Booth.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.