Viewing 19 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Hippie
      Lady

I never did, because in real life. I am blessed with a unisex name at birth

Angela Booth
      Hostess

In my mid thirties. I asked my mother what I would have been called if I were born a girl. My surname came in a bit of a panic when I was applying for a secondary credit card for my femme self.

Sylvia
      Lady

Dear Hippie ,

My Feminine name is the name I would have had If i was born a girl.
      I don’t know at what age I used it for the first time , but I liked it right away.
      CDH is the first site I have used it for myself online or anywhere else.

Love Sylvia

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I played around with different names for awhile. I would say that it wasn’t until about 5 years ago that I decided I was Liara.

Hugs, Liara

I also have played around with names. My first was Amanda Huggenkiss (A man to hug and kiss), then Miranda Huggenkiss, and now I fluctuate between Miranda or Miri (Star Trek fame Original series) lol

Anonymous

I was 11, it was fairly easy. Heather is the name I was going to have if born a girl. Thanks Mom.

Hippie
        Lady

I love the name Heather. That’s one of my favorite names. To bad Heather is not a unisex name

Anonymous

Thank you, I always  thought it was pretty and I’ve been told it suits me.

Anonymous

was 6 when came to my name like you heather my parents were going to call me Donna if was a girl will now am a girl and offical Name once able to change all my legal docs to Donna

My sister and the friend of hers who helped dress me the very first time just put the ‘a’ after my boy name.  It worked for me, so I was okay with it.

In my late teens and early 20’s, I tried a couple of different names, but always came back to Paula.

PaulaF

Anonymous

Um. 65! I needed one for CDH, which coincided with one of those Facebook “work out your drag name” things.  Constance was my late gran, Twirl was the last chocolate I’d eaten.

Hello to Connie!

xxx

Tara Ryan
      Lady

Hi Hippie,

I was 12 and I had bought the Roxy Music album Avalon, there is a track called Tara on there and the name just clicked.

Love,

Tara x

Beautiful piece of music, Tara

I was, 15 or 16? the first time My sisters dressed me for halloween,  I became Regine, and though I hid it inside for so so many years, it was who I was/am

Hugs, Regine💕👸

Cece X
      Lady

I never thought about a femme name until I joined CDH. I was about 65.

I’m 59 and actually just did about a month ago. I wanted a name that would have meaning to me. So since I’m kind of a research geek I started looking at names and their meaning or origin. Renee means reborn. When I saw that I felt something in my soul. Like a door opening.
      Might sound hokey but it’s real to me.

Krista
      Duchess

My Mom gave me the name Krista.  It is the name she picked for me as she thought she was definitely having a daughter before I was born. And she so much wanted to have a daughter that when I was a child we would have “girls” Saturdays all the time.  She told me about the name when I was in my mid-50s just over 10 years ago,  I loved it immediately.  Have a lovely week, Hugs, Krista.

Dee Frost
      Baroness - Annual

I wrote a letter early in my CD days to the notable Virginia Prince (yes, a long long time ago when we actually put pen to paper. Well that and telephone were the ONLY ways back then.). She phoned me one evening when I was living in Kansas City. She was the sweetest soul, and so openly honest and helpful.  Just out of the blue in the conversation she pronounced that I needed a “real name.”  She was exceedingly clear that it was NOT a “femme name.”  It took me a long while to figure out what she meant. She said she knew that I was going to become a full-time woman some day.

Anyway, Dianna Marie just blurted out. Virginia blessed it, proclaimed “Dee” as the contraction, and that has been me ever since!

Oh, and Virginia was right, BTW!

Dee

Anonymous
      Lady

I’ve had different fem names over the years starting in middle school but my current name here on CDH came from my male name which is Michael so Michelle it is for me. I think its a nice sounding female name.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I didn’t have a name until I accepted my crossdressing when I was 55.  That’s when Emily became a person.  Now that I’ve started to transition, I have to consider what I want my legal identity to be.  There’s a good chance it won’t be Emily Alt.

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

I was 46 when I came up with my first, but I never felt “comfortable with it”.

I came up with Rayna at 48 and love it. I’ll be 50 in 2 months, for context.

xoxo

Rayna

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Hippie

I always thought Lara was a great name when I first heard it. So when the fog took me at about 58, or 59 I took the name for myself and now I brought it here to this lovely place.

Lara

49, the day I decided to try crossdressing. I needed a user name! I think if I were to transition, I’d keep it. The only issue is people start speaking spanish to me as soon as I tell them my name… and I’m like, I have no idea what you’re saying!

It makes it awkward after though… essentially, I make them hit on me, twice. Once in spanish, and once in English when I tell them I can’t understand them. LOL.

I only came up with a feminine name when I started creating profiles online.

I really just like to call myself by my birth name, but I just put Miss in front of it.

I feel less identity loss by keeping my real name but identifying it with the feminine.

Anonymous
      Lady

Yes and I love that song.

Problem is there are tons of Michelles around being such a common name…. still, I like the way it sounds.

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?