Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

A very happy Australia Day to all our sisters down under next week!

Alice

Same here Alice a very happy Australia day to all the sweet sisters from down under ..

💞💋💋💋🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

Stephanie Bass

G’day CDH!!!

Happy Australia Day to all my fellow Aussie CDH sisters next Tuesday!!!

Love and hugs, Stephanie 🇦🇺💞💋💋💋

The celebration of Australia Day is as controversial as the American commemoration of Columbus Day as both are rooted in colonialism and the resulting subjugation of the native inhabitants encountered by the European explorers. Not surprisingly the debate cleaves along political lines: conservatives such as those who currently govern Australia favor the status quo while progressives seek to deemphasize the date and replace it with a more inclusive commemoration. For the record Australia’s actual birthday as a unified country under a central government independent of foreign, meaning British, control is 1 January 1901. The holiday we’re discussing is the anniversary of the 1788 arrival of what’s known as the First Fleet, the flotilla led by Captain Arthur Phillip to establish the first permanent settlement on the continent at Botany Bay near present day Sydney. You can thank the American Revolution for this as Britain suddenly needed a new place to empty its prisons onto. Yes, Botany Bay was a penal colony, the first of many across the continent. It could be said that the character of Australia was shaped by these reluctant settlers and their descendants along with their own version of the Manifest Destiny which sought to tame this rugged land no matter what, or who, stood in their way. As a result the Indigenous population declined precipitously but their small percentage of the overall population of Australia today accounts for a disproportionate percentage of those who rely on public assistance, populate the prison system and suffer social ails such as alcoholism, poor health and social isolation, not unlike the First Nations population in North America.

One other thing to consider: Rupert Murdoch got his start in Australia and today accounts for around 70% of the newspaper titles in his native country as well as Sky News Australia, which is becoming more like our Fox News than its British namesake, a worrying trend that has people wondering whether the country will one day become as divided as America now is. A former Labor Party leader who served as Prime Minister, Kevin Rudd, recently spearheaded an online petition drive which garnered over half a million signatures with the aim of compelling the government, a conservative coalition led by the misnamed Liberal Party, to establish an independent commission to thoroughly examine the media landscape in the country. Whether anything comes of it remains to be seen. 

Christine

Sadly, Christine is right.

I know… I know… ANZAC spirit and all that BUT… I’m afraid that Aussie is even more conservative and anti everything than the US… even their Cricket team cheats terribly. We give them bi-lateral trade but do they reciprocate? Not on your nellie! My brother lives there and ahs done so for the last 10+ years… can he get govt supplementary healthcare? Nope! We give Aussies the same rights as all New Zealand citizens but they won’t do the same.
      Nope… I will not add my best wishes!

Polly

Dani CD
        Lady

Sorry you feel that way Polly, I love NZ, I work with plenty of Kiwis over here and also have relatives in the North island.                     Dani👩🏻‍🔧

Dani CD
      Lady

Thanks Alice, I’ll throw an extra shrimp on the Barbie for ya. Happy 🇦🇺 Day to all my Aussie sisters 👯‍♀️ and to all my northern hemisphere sisters 👯‍♀️ I’ll be thinking of you as I sit around the pool in the 40 degree c + heat whilst  wishing I could be wearing one of those sexy Aussie flag bikinis 👙🇦🇺.                 Dani👩🏻‍🔧xoxo

Anonymous

Best wishes all you Aussie darlings…hope you party the best you can…..

Love, grace ❤️💐

[postquote quote=435873]
      Hi Dani,

We’ll be enjoying that hot sunny celebration with you in spirit while it’s frozen here in the northern US.  Enjoy the pool and your barbecue!

Alice

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Thanks girls, for all the good wishes… “Ya blood’s worth bottlin'”

50 years ago the “stereotype Aussie bloke” fitted some of the posts made here, but we’ve changed dramatically since then, Have our problems sure….refugee and climate change policies just to name two.

But its by and large a very tolerant and multicultural place to live and given I spent large part of my career travelling to most parts of the “Western World”, there was nothing like getting to LA  or Heathrow airport and getting on that 747 with the big ” red roo” on the tail and hearing the flight attendant say “G’day”. I knew then that I was “going HOME!!

But in this Covid raging world we have frequent virus free days and the total number of cases since it hit is circa 15,000. Lost about 1,000 people and that’s very sad.

Here in Melbourne we were locked down solid for about four months, but hey, look what was achieved.

Caty’s Australia day will be part time for her during the day and then out to dinner and wash that all down with a “VGR”… Very Good Red….Australian of course

Caty

Peta Mari
      Lady

Aussie, Ozzie, Aussie. Oi. Oi. Oi. I’m proud to be Australian. Love my country.

Love running around the outback with my aboriginal brothers, on native hunts, eating bush tucker. Not worrying about breaking a nail, or a bad hair day. Tucking into some roast echidna, or emu heart. (True story.)

As my friends say to me. Mary, “Your more full blood abbo then our city cousins are.”

It’s funny sitting in a massage chair and getting a pedicure, with color, and asked what did you get up to on the weekend. And so I tell them….

Anyways I digress. Happy Australia dy.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?