Viewing 12 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Hi to all on CDH

Its not one of my “things”, but there are quite a number of “us” who would like to do the “glam” female flight attendant look. Possibly ( these days the  VERY incorrect) “hostie”

Well down here in Oz, the attendants union is”trying to ruin the fantasy”..

https://www.traveller.com.au/qantas-flight-attendant-uniforms-australian-services-union-pushes-to-remove-genderbased-uniform-requirements-h223km

Wot?? No more heels, stockings and make up??. Enough to make a grown CD cry… Which I’m doing anyway. My beloved has caught Covid, I have to isolate for a week and its ruined my first ever femme bra fitting, set down for this coming week. Hopefully “3rd time lucky”. Pre Covid I had one fall over as well.

Happy dressing

Caty.

Anonymous

It’s about time to do away with that old sexist policy and put one into effect where any employee, male or female, is allowed to wear high heels and stockings.   Just my two cents.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I suppose it was bound to come as a neutral gender uniform would solve the issue of trans, non binary etc.  Should it be the wont the fantasy could still be had.

I hope that your good lady doesn’t suffer too badly with the covid and that you avoid infection.

I mean, I think that is fair. Most cleaning services have long since foregone maid uniforms, most schools don’t require uniforms, nurse uniforms have evolved mostly into scrubs, and almost every female firefighter wears way more clothing than than the halloween costumes would have you believe. And yet the fantasy for all of these lives on.

CATY,

I don’t know exactly when Australia fell into the rabbit hole but all the news coming from down there lately is pretty over the top.

I hope eventually your bra fitting comes to be, and the world becomes a better more sane place. Best wishes….Luv, TERI

Hi Caty hope your wife is gaining good ground on the Covid situation and you also and even in the States here some places are getting into gender nutral clothing .. I hope it never happens but us girls trying to look our part as women might put us into being the odd ones out in the publics eye .. As just had my first outing into the world as going to Keystone such a wonderful time with wife and lots of Girls here from CDH ..

Stephanie Bass

Anonymous
      Lady

Sorry to hear of your wife being sick but hope she recovers soon without any lingering effects.

With the lockdown isolation and the public being aware of gender issues today its no wonder society is moving toward a general casual sloppy dressing norm. Before long only CD’s will be dressing stylishly sophisticated.

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

During my active duty years in the US Navy, American women serving in all branches of the U.S. military wore a dress uniform which was very much distinctively female.  The snug skirt and body-clinging upper uniform jacket did a nice job of placing emphasis on female curves.  Pantyhose and stiletto heels completed the female image, and in later years, small earrings were authorized, as well as modest makeup and lipstick.

When I left active duty in 1988, the above dress uniform was still a required uniform item for females.  However, sometime around 2001, this beautiful female uniform was made “optional,” no longer a required uniform item, and all females switched to wearing the ugly baggy jungle suits which their male counterparts were seen running around in.  As an optional uniform item, a female could no longer be required to own the beautiful female dress uniform.

From what I hear today, the young women prefer to wear the baggy jungle suits.

Caty hope your wife gets better and I can add all this pandemia has put a halt on all of us but still gives the opportunity to connect and share . for my family besides using masks and keep learning about past illness unknown viruses hot herbs teas has helped for us from cinnamon mint even oregano this last one at the most twice a week other more like cinnamon I put some mix into coffee maker filter and eating healthy adding green juices at least if not every day 3 per week take good care of your wife and my sisters in the meantime keep trucking I mean keep dressing .Auroras Livingfem

Raquel,

I would love to see flight attendants wear a nice uniform, if the ladies want to wear the more manly pants and jacket so be it, and  if the males want to wear the skirt uniform that would be fine also. But that’s unfortunately not where this is leading. With the jelly heads we have running the world we are way more apt to end up with a bunch of unkempt and unqualified individuals in dire need of a bath, texting and looking confused while you try to find your seat. As for me. I still love a womanly figure (male or female) in a uniform that includes a skirt and heels.  TERI

Hi Caty,

Best wishes to your wife for a speedy recovery.  Hope you can reschedule your bra fitting for another day after the quarantine.

Alice

Caty Ryan
        Baroness

Thanks Alice,

But!!! the Oz winter is not far away and my bra vendor is “right down the coast” close to Bass Strait.aka the body of water that separates the “Oz” mainland from Tasmania.

I lived/holidayed close to the above for 60 years and the winter gales that come in off  the Strait are freezing. So this old girl does not want to get her wig blown off, so  I’ve delayed the fitting until Spring.

Caty.

PS My beloved seems to be recovering OK and I’m still negative…

Hi Caty,

Great news to hear your test is negative!  Wonderful to hear your SO is better.  COvid can be so awfully nasty.  So sorry you had to postpone your fitting until Spring.  You just might have to look for a Warcol a bit closer to home after quarantine.

Alice

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Caty,

I hope your wife recovers quickly, avoiding any lingering symptoms, and you avoid that nasty Covid altogether!

It sure would be great if we could all just dress the way we wanted.👠👗💄

I wonder if there will be any male attendants in the traditional outfits…

💕Lara

That drat COVID gets in the way of everything.   Glad to read the your wife is recovering and you are still negative.

What will we do with this new request from QANTAS  staff???  Will some of the males change their dress code to more feminine attire!!!!!

We will just have to avoid QANTAS and fly Virgin or Jet Star (till they also change their uniform requirements).

I can also relate to the coming weather down south having reside there in the past.

Caty Ryan
        Baroness

Hi Raqual

Sorry, not flying anyone else, (not even “Joke” star, especially these days when they fly out of Melbourne from Terminal 4. (aka Siberia and a looonngg way from the QF domestic lounge)

Y’see…, way back in my business career I “signed the cheques”, so I bought myself a life membership of Qantas Club (Lounge Program to everyone else who reads this). I knew I’d be travelling for at least what it cost for what turned out to be another x amount of years and at the annual rate it worked out the same.

So here I am coming up 20 years retired next year and still have lounge access and can take my beloved in as a guest as well, when we “fly north for the winter” to Cairns. Only a week in August actually.. My only other flights are a couple of times a year to Hobart to catch up with an old schoolmate.

Qantas cut out the life memberships after I had retired, cant get ’em anymore.. I was also one of the first to join Frequent Flyer with a membership number in the low 10,000’s. So I guess it was a good decision to go for the “lifer”

Like most of us “Down Under” I’ve had my share of “blues” with Qantas, (trans: arguments), but overall in the 30 years I flew with them on business, local and overseas, they were very, very good.

Now I’m “not into bribery and corruption”, but private box invitations to the Australian Open tennis and AFL Grand Final, (AKA “Superbowl” “FA Cup”  tickets) may have played a part…. LOL Even better was back in ’93, when the tickets above got me in to see my team win that day.

Now this subject has strayed somewhat for the “mores” of CDH, but as my dear old Mum would have said, “there’s a tale to everything!!”

Caty.

I was also a/. a life member of Ansett Golden Wing, but stopped flying with them well before they fell over. Lucky me lost a minimum of points/credits and b/. Our company was a supplier to both airlines and I “got my jollies” when I travelled, seeing our products in use

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Bobbi,

(Tounge very much in cheek..) You are just like my dear darling SO, ruining a good story with facts!! LOL

Caty

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?