Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Ashley Parker
      Duchess

There’s some evidence from scientific studies that gender issues are more common among folks on the spectrum. This squares with my personal experience also. Curious to know what you all think. Thanks!!

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

Ashley, an interesting question to be sure.  I am not sure if I would be on the spectrum but considering I am on other spectrums, it’s possible.

Ashley
      Lady

It is interesting. I am really introverted and socially awkward, so it’s definitely possible.

This is probably what’s behind a lot of my anxiety over my cross dressing. If I sometimes get uncomfortable in relatively normal social situations, how am I supposed to handle situations involving cross dressing?

Anonymous

I discovered years ago that I fit the Asperger’s profile; but at an age that there seemed little point in pursuing the matter. And there was a brief time in my early teens when I wondered if I was “supposed” to be a girl, but something went wrong. Finally decided I was just a misfit in society. (Quite comfortable here, however).

Ashley.

I wasn’t aware of this. Are you are you able to provide links or otherwise references to the research. I would really like to read it.

Take care girl.

Anne-Marie.

Ashley Parker
        Duchess

Here’s one study. There seems to be a lot of debate but IME (anecdotal of course), I’ve noticed it a lot.
        https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29427119

Anonymous

Thank you, Ashley,   this seems a plausible explanation for this compulsion we all seem to have…and it fits me to a T.  Not to mention, it’s a better explanation to give than “Because I want to”.

Hugs

Bettylou

I have a long family history with autism and AS HE and have worked with them for a while and sometimes I see similarities with me and autistic people.

I think, but have no evidence, that these two demographics are statistically correlated by atypical neurological archetypes that have yet to be classified and categorized. The statistically “normal” neurological types have effectively stigmatized and suppressed all marginalized minorities (at least here in the west) because they were always a distraction from the optimization of the capitalist machine and openly challenged the spiritual hegemony of the church. Now that those institutions are in collapse, the global advance toward freedom of expression will hopefully lift their egregious trespasses against our human rights, and we will begin to heal ourselves, individually and collectively, until society learns how to live with us and our nonconformity to the petty requirements of our neurotypical Puritanical culture.

Yes, this is historically correct: A purifying movement came out of the US in the 1800s, initially aimed at purifying and containing men’s sexual appetites with the laudable aim of reducing sexual violence against women. I forget the lady’s name, just the shape of what I recall – time for a Google safari!

Unfortunately, Eugenics were picked as part of the purifying movement, so it grew to a wider set of “purity” notions, led to widespread white superiority feelings and attempts at racial, mental and sexual purity via sterilisation, correction and even extermination techniques, some of which were still in existence in the 1970s, despite the fact that these ideals were a core influence on the Nazis (among others).

It’s scary how a well meaning idea, with a strong reason behind it’s existence can lead, via the vaguearies of “morality” to such horrendous atrocities, and leave such a long-lasting consequences.

Sorry this is a bit of a vague overview – hopefully others have the details and can fill in the facts!

Love Laura

Bodhi,

Your comment is one of the most insightful, fulfilling, articulate, revealing, and uncompromising examples of understanding, experience, inclusion, and reflection that I’ve ever heard expressed so clearly and with so little prejudice, obstruction, or animosity.  You should be commended!

FAM

I had read the same thing and discuss with my therapist occasionally. Ive never been diagnosed as on the spectrum, but have had industry professions speculate that I likely am to some extent.

You have to be careful with this.  Casual observation of a trend doesn’t make it so, because your sample may be biased.  Correlation of two events could be coincidental, or one may cause the other (in either direction), or may be caused by other unrelated and unstudied events.

This is a difficult subject to study, because one of the first questions you would have to ask is, “Is the percentage of people on the autism spectrum with CD/gender issues statistically higher than the general population?”.  We have been debating the second part (what percent of people have CD/gender issues) for a long time.  Since people tend not to answer those questions (how many of us still hide it from others?), it is hard to determine a baseline.

I tend to be an introvert, but I don’t think that puts me on the autism spectrum.  Maybe my being introverted comes from years of trying to hide, and has become a defense mechanism, a learned behavior.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I did not vote at all, as I do not think I am on that spectrum at all.

I understand the issue well, and know people on that spectrum but I don’t think I’m even close, given my social nature. The one spectrum I do believe I’m on is ADHD, I’ve never been diagnosed, but I fit the description well.

Amy

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?