• Creator
    Topic
    stephanie plumb
    Participant
    Registered On: November 17, 2018
    Topics: 188
    Replies: 2481

…..  and other personal observations from a country girl here in the southern UK.

It seemed to happen almost overnight.

September was spent, Indian summers a thing of the past, the weather had cooled noticeably.

And I felt exposed walking through the fields and woods with bare legs!

Suddenly gone were the shorts, skirts and summer dresses of the GG’s passing by.  Jeans, leggings and leisure wear, even hats! and fleeces and jackets were  brought out from the backs of wardrobes everywhere.

So, reluctantly, I dug out my 40d black opaque holdups.   I only wear black opaque’s to avoid the Norah Batty look of beige legs.  My lovely legs were no longer suitable to be seen in their naked glory outdoors. For one thing the golden tan was fading, and I felt somehow inappropriately dressed.  Well, I am not not one to dress appropriately most of the time, but even I found my pale bare legs somewhat unattractive.  I felt as if everyone was noticing.  I had become Gollum slinking down by the pool. I had become visible for flouting the dress-code. There was a big yellow arrow pointing at my white appendages – I mean my legs!

It had to be opaque’s because I am a confirmed trouser hater. I refuse to wear anything with two legs  that are joined at the top.  Panties don’t count – at least mine don’t – I prefer high-leg-cut briefs.  Opaque’s last longer than lesser denier hosiery – they don’t ladder so easily  (unless you get grabbed by a briar.)

It has to be skirts.  Fortunately I am not alone. There are still a few die-hards out there.  Mind you, gone are the days when I can shorten the skirts to 15″ by rolling over the waistband and hitching them up waist high.  I do love a short skirt on a breezy day. I leave it to your imagination to figure out why.

But not with hold-ups.  I am conscious of their tops being dangerously close to being on show, and find myself constantly tugging down on the back of the skirt.  After all I don’t want to draw attention to myself do I?

Next trip out and I was suitably attired. Bye bye pale ghostly legs. It was a short denim skirt and black opaques.  And ankle boots.  I had become invisible again.

The ground is damp now, and early morning walks are through the overnight dew and often wet grass, soaking trainers and lightweight shoes.  The falling of leaves in the woods is a blessing – they cover the mud!   Not a blessing in town though, eh Grace?

The downside of opaque’s is that they lessen the tactile sensations of hem against bare skin.  And airflow is lessened, though only marginally, as it is more concentrated on the exposed skin ‘twixt panties and hold-ups.   Another minus is that I go through them (literally)  far too quickly. My feet can go through even the reinforced toe bit after only a wear or two, which is okay when wearing boots.

On the plus side they do look good against my denim skirt whilst I am driving to the car park.  And they give a smooth feel and uniform look. I have to admit it. My legs do look better in black hosiery. I guess it makes them slightly thinner and the stretchy material defines them better. And who doesn’t love the full black lingerie sensation.

Another plus is that when teamed with a black skirt, from a distance it can look as if a girl is wearing leggings.

So we are back to being appropriately dressed for the situation. Boo hoo! Can’t wait for next spring.

Stephanie P

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Barb Wire
      Duchess - Annual
      Registered On: September 16, 2021
      Topics: 12
      Replies: 527

Ahh, opaques!

So many colours! Thick and warm! Nylon, spandex, and polyamide for all occasions! And butt lifting ones too!

In my part of the world, “The Frozen North”, 100D+ is our best friend!

A fun read, Stephanie!

🍁 Barb

stephanie plumb
        Baroness - Annual

100D!  Round here they are called trousers!

Steph xx

1 user thanked author for this post.
          Barb Wire
          Duchess - Annual
          Registered On: September 16, 2021
          Topics: 12
          Replies: 527

Very good!

I try and keep it to 80D to look somewhat feminine, but once my nostrils stick together from the freezing cold I’m reaching for my 160s!

xo Barb 😂

Trisha Smith
      Duchess
      Registered On: August 24, 2020
      Topics: 31
      Replies: 413

I too am a bit off because of this frigid weather trend. I hate winter. Abhor winter. The only upside is the glorious cloths we get to wear with the fantastic boots.  This winter I am going to wear only leggings and skirts with boots and sweater tops.

Trisha

Amanda Burton
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: January 15, 2020
      Topics: 76
      Replies: 2441

Hi Stephanie,

Yes the days are growing shorter and are often a damp chilly start to the morning.

Some lovely opaque tights and a tunic dress over a round neck long sleeved top is quite apt for this time of year, with some flat knee length boots. The only question now is are we going to have  a cold  white winter or cold wet one, and are we prepared?.

Lol Amanda xx

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Alison Anderson
      Duchess
      Registered On: October 15, 2018
      Topics: 11
      Replies: 675

The weather in New Jersey is varied, but not quite in need of opaques.  We may still get a few days of bare legs, and other days when pantyhose or stockings would be needed.  Time of day can make a difference, where it may be cool in the morning but warmer in the afternoon.  I’ll keep the opaques (tights or hold-ups) in the drawers for a few more weeks.

When the weather really gets cold, I get out an ankle length coat. The opaques peeking out below look like leggings anyway, so I can get away wearing a skirt or dress even in the very cold weather.

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Bridgette VonSmirff
      Lady
      Registered On: October 18, 2020
      Topics: 47
      Replies: 1423

It’s getting cold here too. Just last week I was laying out on the back deck overlooking the bay in a bikini (you’ll thank me for no pics) on what was likely the last day I could this year. Tonight the wind is howling in off the bay, the temperature is supposed to drop by morning, with rain overnight. Hopefully it’ll be gone by morning so I can still ride the (motor) bike in to work as the car is in the shop.

I have no issues with the wearing of jeans, and have given up on boy jeans in favor of girl jeans and wear them to work daily, sometimes nowadays (like today) with a nice blouse. I do love hold ups and a skirt though. I can’t wear a skirt at work though, didn’t meet safety code (nobody important had seen the heeled boots I’ve been wearing under my jeans though!).

Bridgette

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Jillian F
      Lady
      Registered On: May 19, 2021
      Topics: 7
      Replies: 178

Not to brag… but it’s still beach weather here in TEXAS !!!

Kristen Smithly
      Lady
      Registered On: September 25, 2020
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 70

Stephanie,
      Forgive this yank, but I have only had 1 cup of coffee and it’s early (well that’s as good as an excuse as I can come up with). Please forgive naiveté, but what are hold-ups?

Krissy Richards
        Lady
        Registered On: June 4, 2021
        Topics: 0
        Replies: 267

They are stockings that stay up and you don’t need a suspender belt or anything. Usually you can put them on and wear them all day and only have to adjust them once or twice. An amazing invention really, very liberating id say

Grace Scarlett
          Baroness - Annual
          Registered On: February 16, 2021
          Topics: 163
          Replies: 3859

Opaques….can be pronounced ” hopper queues ” ( the h is silent )..which we all know means a line of kangaroos…..

Just thought I’d mention it.

stephanie plumb
            Baroness - Annual

Well,  Grace, you can ‘op it!   This is a serious subject.

I cant opossumally do better than you in the joke department. You are marsupirially better at it than me.  Sorry, poor attempt. Never mind – I’ll soon bounce back and land on my two big feet again.   I should stop now shouldn’t I?

Roohugs Steph xx

Bridgette VonSmirff
            Lady
            Registered On: October 18, 2020
            Topics: 47
            Replies: 1423

LOLROFPIMP!!!!!

Bridgette’s in stitches

Angela Booth
      Lady
      Registered On: August 1, 2020
      Replies: 639

Ooh Lisa, The thought of a big hairy dog pushing between my legs, eeeu….

When I was younger I was complimented on my lovely legs. Alas as the years passed and after miles of running they look like two snapped matchsticks with sparrow knee caps so short skirts and bare legs aren’t an option.

Now the colder months are upon us I will wear opaque tights or leggings. I wear a shorter tunic dress and long boots. It work for me and I see other ladies wearing the same. I do wear long winter skirts too. Like you Stephanie I do not like wearing jeans or trousers. 

Hopefully, covid permitting of course, there will be some evenings out prior to Christmas where the finery can be worn. A bit of brightness among the gloom.

Krissy Richards
      Lady

Im glad that its getting cooler possibly colder as its a wonderful chance to wear my new hosiery as ive missed them over the summer as i would’nt say ive got stunning legs but once i slip into a reasonably priced pair of tights or stockings they suddenly look so much better! Went out with some friends on Saturday night and even my bio female friends were asking me ‘Wow id give anything to have legs like yours krissy” so in a very untypical move i went into the toilets and had a little look and was surprised how good they looked! We even had a compare and contrast session with my bio female friends and i was a little shocked! So now that that bit of me is good its time to work on the rest as been dieting and like many im still not quite happy about my shape, im down to a dress size 14 but i really want to lose a couple more sizes so i blend in more as over the years ive found its all about the blending in. Anyway had a great time on Saturday and even got a little good nite kiss 💋 at the end of it so think im blending in so much better as just looked like another woman out with friends and that makes me happy

5 users thanked author for this post.
        Angela Booth
        Lady
        Registered On: August 1, 2020
        Replies: 639

The fact that you can go out with girl friends and receive nice compliments that make you realise you are accepted and one of them. It’s nice to read that you are becoming the woman you always were. Are you at the stage where you work as Krissy yet?

Krissy Richards
          Lady

I’m between jobs at the moment as my last job was in the construction industry and I can’t really do that. So I’m going to go back to college at some point. X

Charlotte Walker
      Duchess
      Registered On: April 18, 2021
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 577

Hi Stephanie

Love your introduction and story. It’s lovely to see another UK resident on CDH.

Hugs Charlotte

PS I will send you a friend request.

Grace Scarlett
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: February 16, 2021
      Topics: 163
      Replies: 3859

Steph…

Lovely post and so many good points….

We have a few clear evenings, but as soon as we get a cloudy, rainy one….it’s dark soooo early. And once the tan fades, those white legs almost glow in the dark😵😵.

….does 2poos have one of those flashing collars for winter????

The GG’s in my town are into the cold weather clothes already, even though it has been really mild. I suppose it’s only right to mingle in….although I do love autumn wear…..when I can stay upright, haha.

Thanks and huggs, grace xx

stephanie plumb
        Baroness - Annual

Grace….

Of course 2poos has a flashing winter collar …..  thoughts….  perhaps I need one so she can find me in the easily in the gloomy woods, as the days shorten.  Or a light on my shoulder bag?   Glow-in-the-dark hat? Scarf?

Hugs Steph xx

Amanda Burton
          Baroness - Annual
          Registered On: January 15, 2020
          Topics: 76
          Replies: 2441

The perfect answer, a neon flashing squirrel on you shoulder bag, 2poos will spot you anywhere and race towards you.

Lol Amanda xx

Connie Twirl
      Lady
      Registered On: August 18, 2021
      Topics: 14
      Replies: 439

Thanks for the post. It reminds me of an incident last autumn – we were having lunch at M&S and a lady came in to the cafe who was soooo well dressed. Everything she wore was autumn colour coordinated – skirt, tights, sweater, jacket, scarf, hat, boots, handbag, solids and patterns. It was absolutely exquisite. I couldn’t help wondering how long it took her to do that, or did she just chuck it on and rely on natural talent?
      If the poor thing noticed me ogling her, then it’s your outfit I was lusting for, dearie, not your body.

Connie

xxx

Krissy Richards
        Lady

I find myself always looking at other women and think gosh id love to have something like that in my wardrobe,this morning i was gazing at plain black leather boots this lady had on and thought wow they are amazing and i want a pair. She looked amazing

Connie Twirl
          Lady
          Registered On: August 18, 2021
          Topics: 14
          Replies: 439

Hard, isn’t it? As a straight CD, I look at face and figure like any other bloke…… plus clothes, hair, shoes and makeup like any other girl.

Connie

xxx

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account