- August 7, 2022 at 7:53 am #668226Samantha LinehanParticipantRegistered On: April 13, 2021Topics: 27Replies: 30Has thanked: 70 timesBeen thanked: 157 times
I can put on a dress, put on makeup, look at myself in the mirror and feel beautiful. Then, I turn and see back hair.
Any tricks, other than waxing? I’ve seen an ad for a long razor for the back.
- August 23, 2022 at 6:58 am #671927Alexis SpringDuchessRegistered On: August 13, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 14Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 45 times
I am one of the lucky ones. My wife takes care of the hair on my back with a Norelco Bodygroom. She has been doing this long before I came out as a CD. She doesn’t like body hair so everything else is shaved or I use hair removal cream. Have yet to try waxing. Have a high pain tolerance so don’t think that would be an issue.
- August 17, 2022 at 6:32 am #670636Sandy CraigLadyRegistered On: March 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 327Has thanked: 359 timesBeen thanked: 841 times
I shave mine with a razor.
Yes there is the Mangroomer but I took a cheap Bic 3 blade, heated it at the bend and made it more a 90 degree. The problem with razors as they’re designed is the angle you typically hold it and the blade angle are not proper when you shave your back. The simple bend works great for me and if you struggle you can add a piece of tubing to lengthen to reach “That Spot” . When the blades dull they pop off and you can add a fresh one.
I hate hair!
- August 15, 2022 at 3:29 am #670158Cece XLadyRegistered On: April 8, 2020Topics: 34Replies: 150Has thanked: 3322 timesBeen thanked: 1028 times
- August 13, 2022 at 11:40 am #669797Karla RogersDuchessRegistered On: December 30, 2021Topics: 4Replies: 77Has thanked: 92 timesBeen thanked: 319 times
I’m fortunate that my wife is very supportive. I don’t have a lot of hair on my back, but I still like a smooth appearance. My wife applies Nad’s for Men hair removal cream on my back.
I also have a light pulse which has given me good results on my chest, stomach and legs, so she treats my back with that as well.
- August 13, 2022 at 11:11 am #669795Alisha AlexLadyRegistered On: November 28, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 77Has thanked: 205 timesBeen thanked: 315 times
My back is almost smooth except for tinsy tiny spots of a few hairs on the back of my shoulder. However my issue is with my arms, chest and legs. *rolls eyes*
I use hair removal products such as Nair. Which help for a few days but shortly after that my body hair starts to regrow again. I fear waxing. I have zero tolerance for pain. Yikes. So unless it’s laser treatment just like Emily suggested or electrolysis I seem to be stuck with hair removal creams and razors for the current time.
- August 11, 2022 at 4:51 pm #669417
- August 8, 2022 at 7:35 am #668452Natalie JonesLadyRegistered On: September 20, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 111Has thanked: 353 timesBeen thanked: 551 times
Check out all of the products made by MANGROOMER you can buy them on Amazon for a reasonable price. I looked into them until my wife agreed to shave my back.
she does it for me about every two weeks. If. If not starts to itch growing back.
This summer is the first time I’ve ever shaved my entire body and it feels wonderful . I was a little self conscious at first thinking everyone could tell. So far nobody has said a thin
- August 15, 2022 at 4:53 am #670161NancyLadyRegistered On: May 3, 2020Topics: 28Replies: 385Has thanked: 1010 timesBeen thanked: 1878 times
Yeah, I use the Mangroomer. Honestly it’s not my favorite, but I haven’t found anything better yet. I don’t like chemical hair removal products and other options are too expensive for me. So for now, I struggle through it maybe once a month with the Mangroomer.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- August 8, 2022 at 6:33 am #668443Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 838Has thanked: 903 timesBeen thanked: 3761 times
I too have back hair. I’ve ruled out any hair removal, so the trick I use (not very glamourous) is picking clothing that covers up the back totally. So that means nothing backless, no keyhole blouses, it has to cover up the back completely.
- August 7, 2022 at 8:16 pm #668383Susan TalbotLadyRegistered On: June 28, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 247Has thanked: 2317 timesBeen thanked: 918 times
I have never tried Nair I’m kind of scared of that stuff.
My SO helps me to shave my back. Anyways this week I am trying a waxing on back, legs and chest. I get tired of shaving my legs so I figured try wax and see if it’s better.
- August 7, 2022 at 7:48 pm #668378
- August 7, 2022 at 7:20 pm #668369Stephanie BassHostessRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 25Replies: 3907Has thanked: 55983 timesBeen thanked: 13816 times
- August 7, 2022 at 6:46 pm #668364Stephanie MacNeilLadyRegistered On: January 31, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 127Has thanked: 373 timesBeen thanked: 619 times
- August 7, 2022 at 12:32 pm #668295Hose HeelsLadyRegistered On: May 9, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 17Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 66 times
I have the same issue, I use a Phillips Norelco Bodygroom with an extension attachement. It does not provide a smooth shave, but it is good enough. I use it weekly or every other week, depending on what activities I have planned.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.