• This topic has 25 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Rose.
Viewing 24 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Tami
      Lady

I don’t know how many girls have stepped out and gone to Sephora, but if you haven’t I highly recommend it!

I went today en male, to get makeup advice and maybe do a little shopping.  It was truly a wonderful experience.  The staff was very accepting, and incredibly helpful.  They set me up with the perfect foundation match, and did a mini makeover on my eyes.  Gloria taught me each step of the way as she did my eye shadow, eye liner, eyebrows.  When she was done I had my first winged eyes!  One of the other girls came over and said “wow, I love the wings on you, they really make your eyes pop!”  I floated out of the store when I left.

It was scary and I was incredibly nervous, but am soooo incredibly glad that I overcame my fears and had this experience.  There are wonderful experiences to be had, don’t let fear stop you, be bold girls!

Rose
      Lady

Maybe not a bad idea for me. Makeup confuses me so far…

Leonara
      Ambassador

Tina
      Thank you for sharing your experience with Sephora…good for you, I guess being a little bold was worth it.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

Great story Tami. I think all of us have been nervous taking that next big and bold step. I’ve found that when I wanted to do something or buy something but I didn’t, I always regretted it. When I had the chance to do it again I didn’t pass it up. I guess the next thing would be to go there dressed if you eventually want to be that bold.

Tami
      Lady

It actually would have been easier to go fully dressed lol.  But the mall is an en male space at this time per my agreement with my wife.

Walking out of the mall en male with my eyes done was an experience in itself lol.  Lets say there were more than a few odd looks and glares lmao!

Patty Phose
      Duchess

In your photos you look absolutely beautiful in your dresses. You are not just passable but really pretty. Hopefully you will get the chance to go to Sephora dressed. That would be bold and no doubt fun.

Anonymous

Cool!!!!

Anonymous

Tami, Thanks to much for the description of your visit. Sounds fantastic! I would love to try it myself, I could really use some advise and guidance on my makeup. Do you know if they would do a complete makeover and any idea what something like that would cost? thanks again -susan 

Tami
      Lady

Susan,

I’m sure they can do full makeup but don’t know what the cost would be.  I’d suggest calling them to find out what they can do for you.  The explanation they do as they apply makeup is a wonderful learning opportunity.

Tami
      Lady

They also have tools to look at your skin tone and match you with the proper foundation.  I had no idea, but the underlying skin tone can be yellow, red, or green based.  Having the right foundation makes a huge difference in getting a nice natural look.

Jenn
      Lady

Glad to hear you had such a great experience Tami! In the last couple of weeks I’ve walked by Sephora, trying to get the nerve to walk in and talk to them. I haven’t done it yet, but would love to! Matching foundation to my skin tone would be my first question as well.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

Go for it Jenn. Think of the positive experience Tami had. You can have a similar one.

Anonymous

Most Sephoras offer beauty classes, usually on Sunday mornings before the store opens. I have taken 5 different classes. I learned so much and made many friends at these classes. I cannot recommend them enough.

Rose
      Lady

[quote quote=38860]Go for it Jenn. Think of the positive experience Tami had. You can have a similar one. [/quote]

While my wife and I were doing Christmas shopping for the kids, I slowed down a bit as we walked past the Sephora in the mall. I’m not quite ready to go in, but maybe soon.

[quote quote=38861]Most Sephoras offer beauty classes, usually on Sunday mornings before the store opens. I have taken 5 different classes. I learned so much and made many friends at these classes. I cannot recommend them enough. [/quote]

Do you know how much they charge for those? Or, is the info easily found on their website?

Anonymous

Classes at Sephora are free and can be scheduled through the web site.

Rose
      Lady

Oooh! Free is my favorite price! Thanks for the tip, Kandi.

I think I’m going to go and do this sometime in Jan. I finally talked to my wife about her working only on days when I work also. She’s going to start splitting her days off so that we each have one day off when the other is on. Now that I’ll have some privacy and freedom, Crystal is going to start having the fun she deserves.

Anonymous

I love going to beauty salon for makeup lessons it makes me feel good and the girls are glad to help me with the right colors of makeup to go with what I am wearing.

Rose
      Lady

Well, I did it. I signed up for a 45-minute makeover at Sephora. The appointment isn’t until mid-February, so I suppose I still have time to chicken out. But that’s part of why I’m posting here – incentive not to. 🙂

Jennifer
        Lady

You’ll have to let us know how it goes. I’m curious myself to try it. My wife does a first rate job on herself. She does it everyday and it’s always tasteful and perfect, but once I tell her I like to crossdress I’m not anticipating much encouragement. So, I will need to find another expert. I’m excited for you, Rose! 💄

Thats great that you had the confidence to do that. I couldn’t go in a place to get makeup lessons as a guy, especially not when i was learning about makeup 5 years ago. I had to teach myself the basics but didnt really get the hang of it til my SO was involved and helped me out.  We all need some help, most of us didnt have the opportunity to learn like most girls have growing up.

Cheers

Vanessa

Rose
      Lady

My wife very rarely wears makeup, so she’s not much help as a tutor for me in that regard. I figure the appointment is at 6pm, so when I leave at 6:45 nobody will be able to see once I’m out of the mall. And like I said, I could still chicken out and cancel the appointment.

Sephora is a wonderful experience. As a male, my fiance only had to say “she’s transitioning” and that was the end of that. The artists had wonderful advice for me for getting started. As Andi with an I, they were just as friendly and helpful. There was no feeling of being out of place and I go back regularly for consultation and dramatic eyeshadows.

To be honest though, their consultation helps me look for the same products at drugstore level, which still do the job and don’t break the bank.

Rose
      Lady

[quote quote=43289]To be honest though, their consultation helps me look for the same products at drugstore level, which still do the job and don’t break the bank. [/quote]

This is exactly what I was hoping for, to be honest. I don’t mind spending $50 for the consultation – the fact I can get product for that money rather than paying it directly for the consult is sort of nice. But once I hit the $50, I’ll turn around and look for similar items in the drug store, as well. Mostly, I need to learn how to apply it so I don’t look like a drunken clown. 🙂

Rose
      Lady

My appointment was last night. Oh. My. GOD! That was AWESOME! I wish I did it sooner! I can’t wait to have an excuse to do it again! Wow!

I was nervous all day, but a good nervous. Around noon I talked to somebody on the phone who had called to confirm my appointment. She was sweet and wonderful and friendly, and didn’t once have any sort of tone to her voice to indicate it was weird to be talking to a man. I got there a bit early. A few customers gave me sideways glances, but everybody who worked for Sephora was absolutely incredible – friendly, warm, wanted to help me relax and be comfortable. My consultant was incredible. So friendly, caring, warm, funny, charming. (And, because I’m still male deep down, was nice eye candy, too.)

She showed me how to do simple, basic eye shadow. But she also talked me into letting her do a more smoky look while still keeping it simple. She also talked me into learning how to do eyeliner. For lips, when I said I wanted to skip liner for now and just learn how to make my sadly-thin lips look fuller, she was all over that. My god, I had actual sexy lips! She also did foundation and bronzer and blush – all things I’m unlikely to use, at least for now. Wow, though. The look!

When it came time to purchase – the makeover is “free” but you have to spend at least $50 on product (including gift cards) – she was also wonderful. She lined up everything she used, from start to finish. When I said I wasn’t interested in buying it, there was no pressure. She just put it aside and went on to the next one. I still ended up spending more than I anticipated. I bought a set of brushes, since right now all I have is the crappy applicators that come with the eye shadow. And I bought a moisturizer designed for people with dry skin and rosecea. I’ve not really taken good care of my skin, in general. And I figure I’ll need to start doing a better job on my face if I’m going to be wearing makeup, even if it’s only part-time. On the plus, it’s also SPF 50, so those moments when I get sunburn from things like yardwork or such maybe will become less frequent.

Ladies, if you were at all thinking about it, you need to go! Go to the website, find one near you and book your appointment. It was absolutely incredible! My only regrets: I didn’t take a wig with me, so I have my ugly balding man-head in the pictures I took; and I had to wash it off last night, instead of being able to leave it on and call in “sick” to work today. I’ll post a few pics later. But seriously. Go and do this! It was so awesome!

Rose
      Lady

As promised, some pictures. Hopefully these links work right.

First, me without anything. This shows the redness in my cheeks and around my nose from the rosecea.

And here’s two I took in my car after the makeover. If I were smart, I would’ve asked my consultant at Sephora to take a few pictures so the lighting was better. Oh well. First, with my glasses on:

And now with the glasses off and my eyes closed to show the makeup better:

My wife thought I looked a bit too pale. I suspect that had as much to do with her (and me) being so used to the redness from the rosacea. Having, effectively, clear skin looked weird. But wow, did I love it.

Tomorrow, I think, I’ll be taking my first stab at doing it on my own. Yesterday just didn’t work out to have the time, and today we’re going to my parents’ house, which means completely male-mode.

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?