Tagged: ,

• This topic has 12 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi girls,

I’ve been practicing my makeup 2-3 times a week and I’m definitely improving. I’m having trouble color correcting for beard shadow though. I can shave very close and I’ve tried some of the Jecca Blac products along with a red/orange color corrector but I’m still not getting the results I want.

I apply primer, then color corrector and then my liquid foundation, powder, bronzer etc…

Please share any tips or products you’ve found useful.

Thanks,

-Chloé

Try putting orange concealer on first. Then the primer, etc. The orange needs to get into the skin, not just rest on top of the other stuff.

I’ll definitely give this a shot, thanks Monica!

-Chloé

Angela Booth
      Hostess

After what Monica advises try blending your foundation with a pan stick. I put a little foundation on a sponge and then rub it over the top of a Kryolan stick and then pad into the face. Powder down as you do after.

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

Another tip that was given from a makeup artist to our group at DCR last April…

You can do the color correcting on top of the foundation. Some tame red/orange powder over the beard shadow can help to hide it for you. Give it a try…

XOXO

Rayna

I haven’t tried red/orange powders, just liquids. Maybe I’ll look into that as well. Works for drag queens, ha ha

Jill Marshall
        Duchess

This has been my M.O. for a long time.  I think it works for me because my shadow is relatively light, I did foundation first and treated the correction as a mid-process or finishing touch when I could see how much I really needed, rather than trying to make it disappear at the beginning.  For this I use an Almay coral blush palette, but I have also tried some reds and pinks.

Anonymous

I was doing this for a while with the Elf concealer, and generally happy with the results. But I think it ended up making my skin tone much darker than it normally would be, so back to foundation on top!

Anonymous

Well, right after I write that, this happened (concealer over foundation…) https://flic.kr/p/2nYPi5W

So I don’t know! Go with whatever works…😜

I’m also using Jecca Blac and having the same concerns. My hair still somewhat shows through.

I use a pancake cover then powder then concealer then powder then finish . Sad to say by 6 it’s baaaack

Anonymous

I just made a little video showing my favorite product and technique. Maybe it will be helpful?

https://youtu.be/BZTfwUrkHyA

I’m a full time girl, so I have to do this everyday. My daily routine for “putting my face on”:
      1st to last. MAC Studio Radiance moisturizing primer all over my face, Maybelline Super Stay concealer on on all areas where beard hair need coverage, Anastasia Illuminating Foundation all over, final application is MAC Prep & Prime Highlighter in the shade ‘Bright Forecast’, which is a soft orange color, this goes wherever beard hair needs coverage. For me, that is where my mustache hairs need attention.

If you wish, you can check out my results by taking a peek at my photo page.

Hugs girls,

Ms. Lauren M

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?