Viewing 16 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Sammatha
      Lady

Ladies
      Fo you think living in different parts of the world makes it easier or harder to be enfemme.

Sylvia
      Lady

Dear Sammatha ,

I live in the Netherlands myself.
      I am 53 years old and still in the closet.
      I dress en Femme about two evenings a week ,
      and underdress every day when I am Home back from work.

Love Sylvia.

Sylvia, how tolerant is the Netherlands for our types? I think of the Netherlands as being very tolerant, but I have never been to your country. I honestly have no idea on the culture towards our community.

Well I know if you live in Scotland you can wear a skirt and not be looked at as being strange. I know it’s a kilt and different from a skirt, but if I lived there I would wear a skirt. Wouild anyone really take notice? I think only if my slip was showing. He! he!…

Gwyneth
      Lady

I’ll chime in for the US. I haven’t traveled much outside my country, but I know different regions of the US is easier than others. Just my TN, big cities definitely have sections that’s very easy. Where I am in southern Appalachia, they may not find your body.

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

Samantha,

I think, like Gwyneth said, using the US as a comparison for the rest of the world. Depending on where you go, you could be completely fine and accepted, or you could genuinely be putting your life in danger.

I’m not saying that with any sense of exaggeration or sensationalism. I mean TRULY putting your life in danger in some parts of the world, including the US where I live.

Hell, I live in the San Francisco Bay area, home of some of the most open minded people about cultural diversity in the world… and I KNOW that there are neighborhoods in the Bay where I would be likely to get destroyed physically for wearing a dress and makeup there.

Do your research before you decide to dress en femme somewhere girl, be safe.

best wishes

XOXO

Rayna

Angela Booth
      Hostess

As we can only say from experience I would say where I live in England is fine. Laws offer protected status and any crime towards an individual because of sex, race or religion is considered a hate crime. I have had very few issues and live freely.

Having said that I am aware of areas where I would not go or be extremely cautious and never alone and only with others. Needless to say they are places where tolerance is known to be low and those that involve idiots and alcohol.

I live in a very liberal area in the states, but I also have lived in some very conservative states (think-red neck), there is no way I’d go out dressed in those states. I’d disappear, oh, the police would do the perfunctory search of driving down the Main Street of town, glancing in the doorways of shops as they drove by, and say “nope, not there” and then tell my wife, “nah, we didn’t find him”> in the liberal part where I currently live, the police aren’t allowed to do much except write speeding tickets, so they would’t find me either, but then I probably also wouldn’t have gone “missing”. It matters a lot in the US on the mentality of the populace, even if you are lucky enough to be protected by laws, but that varies from state to state.I know in some countries, being a CDer, Trans or gay/lesbian can be a death sentence, by law. So sad.

Peta Mari
        Lady

I live in redneck territory. We have redneck wallabies on our farm.

Jasmine
      Lady

I know for me and the town that I live in they are not very accepting there’s a small group of people and we all know who we are and we stick together I remember I had one instance though I had decided to go out by myself and when I was deciding what to wear something in me said to wear my skinny jeans and not wear my heels to go ahead and wear my tennis shoes and as I was out I got confronted luckily for me though I’ve been trained in martial arts and military combatives so that unfortunate fellow didn’t know what he was getting himself into needless to say it ended bad for him. My advice to all keep situational awareness and at least pepper spray stay safe

I’m sorry to hear it had to go that way. Happy to hear that you were able to protect yourself, though.

As a CD I have lived in Rural PA, Baltimore and NYC. I felt quite at ease out in NYC. Baltimore was also fine as long as you stayed in the gay ghetto of Mt Vernon. In rural PA I would do all I could to avoid detection.

I think Wyoming is probably more difficult than alot of areas!!

Karla Rogers
      Duchess

I have seen comments to this thread and there have been conservative = redneck comments. I personally take offense to this. Not everyone who is conservative politically is a redneck.

I am from the south, born and raised, and proud of it. I have lost count of the many times I have been called redneck by someone who is northern born and raised, especially when I was in the military, by someone who had never been to the south.

People use the term redneck to conjure up someone who is backward, illiterate, etc., especially southern. Making this type of equation to someone who disagrees with your ideology shows elitist snobbishness as well as your own bigotry.

Sorry, but I had to vent a little.

Barb Wire
        Lady

Point well taken, Karla!

Before Covid, my wife and I spent our time between Brevard, NC and Clemson, SC for 10 years straight in the month of April (we’re avid cyclists). Southern hospitality is very real! Never have my wife and I been so welcomed anywhere else on this planet! Plus, the diversity and intelligence of opinions is welcomed and encouraged, but we did stay away from religion. We are planning our 11th visit in April of 2023.

Barb

I am deliriously happy that I live in the city of Victoria, British Columbia! This is what was released in April by the federal government: “Victoria is the most gender-diverse urban centre in Canada, with approximately 0.75 per cent of residents identifying as transgender.” I work as a trans woman at a BC Government office in Victoria and take public transit to and from work, go shopping locally, out to restaurants, to art galleries, all these things without any harassment or negative responses. I am truly thankful for this as someone who only recently finished socially transitioning. My heart goes out to so many of our sisters in the States who are facing and having to deal with the attacks from the radical fundamentalist far right wing nutcases.

Hugs girls,

Lauren M

I really don’t know how to respond to this. I do live in the north and have been called a redneck. I am and could be called a conservative that being said don’t kill me yet. I do believe this country is going down the drain and remember some of my old friends that have fought for our freedom in World War Two and served our country in other ways talking about what my happen when and if the communists and Marxist infiltrated our county. And they had some prophesy if you want to call it that of how it may happen and it was what they fought against, it is happening. And it is scary. As far as anyone I know and talk to Im talking conservatives now don’t really care how you live your life. They just don’t believe that you we should push our lifestyle on the rest of the world as being the normal or right thing to do. There are a lot of strange things that people do and most of you would think some of them are strange or weird.I don’t want to offend anyone but I say you can live how you want and I will love you anyway even if I don’t agree or like what you are doing.But that doesn’t mean in some cases you should push it on the rest of society as being normal or right.I would be more fearful of a liberal city then in a backwoods conservative town.Just looking at the crime stats.But I still don’t want to go out and be known as Debbie. If you do want to go out dressed and you look appropriate fine.Im ok with it.I guess Ive said enough to be hung out to dry and ill stop now.

I think that living your life the way you prefer (as long as it doesn’t hurt anyone else) is probably a goal everyone can easily agree on. Sometimes people (religious zealots come to mind) forget that. Most of the issues that divide us are twaddle designed to distract the people from the important issues that would improve our lives.

I grew up in Iraq. coming from a conservative anti-gay male-dominant society these ideas are severely condemned. My father was a strict army man. Mother is a typical Arab conservative old school mom. I been always expected to be a brilliant well-mannered little son with excellent grades at school.
      My first experience was a simple as innocent as polishing my nails with a red nail polish. I was only 6 at that time. I really liked my finger nails new look. But when my mom saw that she went nuts and she reproached me for doing such thing with a loud tone as she was washing the nail polish off my finger nails with a nail polish removal and telling me that my father “would get upset if he saw his boy doing things that only girls can do. Boy will be only boys. Girls will only be girls“.

Barb Wire
      Lady

I live in Ontario, Canada.

I go to events “en femme” with girls like me in friendly cities and towns. However, I don’t push it close to home, but I do enjoy my morning coffee on my patio during the summer in my bunny slippers with a friendly “good morning” from most.

There was an evangelical push in the 70s and 80s to rally our conservatives against the lgbtq+ community, but that fizzed out. Seems that our conservatives up here realized that the lgbtq+ community being so large is good for business, so both liberals and conservatives are tripping over themselves to suck up to them.

I feel for my American Sisters deeply since I have friends in unfriendly territory. I do hope the tide turns.

Barb

Anonymous

Ladies,

Please be continue being careful not to fall into a religious or political discussion, which would en up in this thread being removed. Some replies have been reported. Some have been removed. So please keep that in mind when replying.
      Thank you.

BillieJay
      Managing Ambassador

darlings,

while I celebrate the diversity that is “us”, I cannot put up with the finger pointing and name calling that I am seeing in this thread.

I find it in the best interests of the site to bring it down, rather than allow what I am seeing here.

BillieJay

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Being a crossdresser’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?