Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Just saw a post from Stephanie where she said about it be windy and she being involved in an accident and having to attend hospital en fem. Have any of you ever had that ordeal?

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

A very similar incident.

My wife accidentally overdosed on one of her prescription medications two years ago, and it was on a day that I was cross dressed.  Both of us immediately got into my truck and drove to the emergency room.  The emergency room staff was completely professional, and it was as if they see cross dressed males every day.  They kept my wife six hours, then discharged her.  As things settled down, I joked around with some of the hospital personnel, and a few of the female staff asked me how I do my make up and where I purchased a couple clothing items.  The only strange looks came from an octogenarian in the waiting room and his female friend, also very elderly.  I always handle those with a smile and a cheerful “hello.”

Anonymous

I haven’t but it’s something I think about every time I drive en femme. Other things that keep me up at night are police traffic stops or people waving you over for assistance. I think at that point, you have to have accepted the risks and you carry on hopefully. I’m always wondering would I use my guy voice or do I try for my very new and unstable femme voice? Sometimes I go out ‘incomplete’ as well due to time, the nature of my destination or who was at home when I departed. Not sure I’d be happy having anyone see me like that!

— Abbie 🥰

Yes, a bit over a year ago.  I went to the beach en femme, and packed a bag of clothes to change into so I wouldn’t be just in my beach cover-ups.  Then promptly left them home.  So I had to go home and change, and watched my daughter a few minutes playing some video games.  That and several other coincidences put me at the scene at that moment.

Driving to the supermarket I was going down the highway.  I was approaching an intersection with a light, which was green for me.  On the left was a road, and on the right a driveway into a lot with a few stores.  The road facing me had a turn lane.

As I was approaching the light, a car facing me turned and made a left in front of me into the parking lot as I was traveling a good clip on the highway.  I couldn’t swerve either way without hitting him.  I ended up T-boning him, air bags exploding.

As I came out of the shock a gentleman who was an off duty volunteer firefighter came over and helped me out of the vehicle (he thought the vehicle may have been on fire; fortunately it was just the powder from the air bag).  He stayed with me holding me by my bent forearm as support, offered to get me a chair from one of the businesses (I didn’t really want to sit), and stayed until the police arrived.  Sometime while waiting (when the smoke from the airbag cleared) I went back to the car to get as much stuff as I could.  I discovered then that my wig had come off.  I still had the clip-on bangs from the beach, and my own hair is long, but I put the wig back on.

They did call an ambulance to check me out.  I gave the police officer (it happened to be a woman) my documents and went into the ambulance for a checkup.  I was OK except for some bruises from the air bag, some of which I didn’t discover until later.  I had a few black and blue marks on my chest, and some bleeding on the base of my thumbs as the air bag exploded past my hands. (I didn’t see this until later; my daughter who picked me up had to run into a drug store to get me bandages.)  I did have to give my male name to the people in the ambulance.

Thankfully other than the few bruises I was OK, although the car was totaled.  The police returned my documents without saying anything about how I was dressed.  The people in the ambulance didn’t flinch when I gave my male name.  I didn’t have a lot of interaction with the other driver.  I wonder if he was surprised when the police reports came out and saw the other driver was a guy, but I’ll never know.  I suspect everyone else believed me to be a woman.

My daughter picked me up and after getting and applying the bandages to both my thumbs, we continued shopping.

Anonymous

Yes, I intervened in a fight a 3 on 1 in a mall and security and police were all over it. I was on the good side but still had to go to the station to do a report and before that to the E ward to be patched up, 2 stitches above left eye and a broken knuckle. Everyone was cool and professional at the hospital and police station as I wasn’t over board just jean shorts and a cute blouse with flat sandals. The lid who was getting beat up took off so I got to explain the whole thing in court, good times.

I have never been in such a situation. I realize the very real possibility should I go out dressed en femme. The thought of it throttles back my going out publicly.

I must say I admire the grace and poise of you ladies that have “been there and done that.”

Kindly,

Charlene

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Gosh Alison that was quite an ordeal. It was good that the services were professional and you were not badly hurt. I drive all the time dressed and it is one of my worries. A couple of times I have had a flat tire,The first time I had help from a person I was with the second I had to call the rescue service as I couldn’t find the locking nut. That was easy and the mechanic was professional. Another time in a car park I was reversing out of a space and,at the same time, a car was doing the same opposite. There was a light bump. We got out and with the guy from the other car surveyed the rear of the cars. There were no obvious dents only a scuff. he looked at me and said ‘There’s no damage love so if you are okay we’ll leave it at that’. So we did.

Possibly the closest I have come to a serious disaster was on a major fast road. I was on the overtake lane and passing traffic. It was busy and I had cars close behind when a van pulled out as I was passing him. I could not brake due to fear of a rear end shunt so I quickly looked and the verge to my right was concrete so I had lights and horn blazing and moved onto the concrete. The van driver was still oblivious and carried on. me moving over was enough for the drivers behind to see what was happening and give me distance to get back on the lane without any collision. It all happened in milliseconds and my heartrate went through the roof after.

I always try to be aware but you cannot counter an idiot.

Angela, if you’re talking close calls, I did have a similar close call.  This one involved a misunderstanding of lanes as a portion of the road opened up to go through a high speed toll (basically overhead poles with transponders that can read a corresponding transponder in your vehicle).  I think toll areas are prime places for accidents as lane markers disappear or people jockey for the shortest line, then try to merge back in.

Then there was the time I went to pick up my daughter en femme from college.  I left early in the morning.  The plan was to travel another hour, change into male mode in a unisex bathroom, then pick up my daughter for dinner and finish packing for the return trip the next day.

About 500 miles from home (around 3:15 PM) I stopped to do some shopping.  As I started up again, my battery light popped on.  It turned off, but as I started driving the light came on again.  I don’t know too much about cars (heck, to me, they’re almost like buses – the wheels go ’round and ’round …) but I recognized that my alternator failed.  Driving on the superhighway it didn’t register but on the smaller roads it did.  I knew I wouldn’t make it without the battery dying.  I didn’t have a smart phone at the time, but all of a sudden, right before getting on the highway, I saw a sign for a national repair chain.  En femme I brought the car in, had an early dinner while they were able to make repairs that day, finishing just before closing.  I gave them my credit card in my male name with the intent of signing my initial and last name, but out of habit signed my male first name.  They didn’t look, and I was able to get on my way.  I didn’t get to have dinner that evening with my daughter (I called to tell her what happened) but at least was able to have a working car for the remainder of my trip (changing before checking in at the motel, and picking her up and driving home the next day).

My closest brush with any kind of problem was when I locked my keys in the car in the Walmart parking lot. The electonic key no longer works so only the manual key works. I unlocked the door, threw the key on the seat and reached to unlock the back so I could load my groceries in but hit the lock button instead just as I closed the door. Argh! Called road side assistance for an unlock service. They were just finishing another job only a few blocks away, at least I’m not the only dumb sap today. He arrived in 15 minutes, walked up to the passenger side, slipped his unlocking tool down the side of the window, popped the lock and said, “There you go Mamm, have a better rest of your day.” Never batted an eye and was done in less than 2 minutes.

So my experience with vehicle emergencies while dressed is limited but very professional.

Beth

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?