- June 5, 2021 at 9:20 am #500696DonnaParticipantRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 106Replies: 1713Has thanked: 11209 timesBeen thanked: 6053 times
If Bellbottom jeans would ever come back would anyone wear them again
- This topic was modified 1 month ago by Samantha Roarke. Reason: Moving to Polls
- June 30, 2021 at 10:20 pm #511725Jen ScarletLadyRegistered On: May 2, 2021Topics: 6Replies: 84Has thanked: 689 timesBeen thanked: 462 times
If Bellbottom jeans would ever come back would anyone wear them again
Where is the “HELL NO!” voting option!?
As a child I was traumatised by hand-me-downs from my (much) older siblings. Getting well into the 1980s and still wearing items from the previous decade did wonders for my self confidence, not!
Over 50 now and insistent on skinny jeans for the past 30 years! Anything with even a hint of flare should be killed with fire! 😉
That, of course, is my drab self talking. Jen does experiment a bit more with swirling and colourful fabrics but, even then, a bellbottom might be an experiment too far.
- July 1, 2021 at 2:43 pm #511926
- June 30, 2021 at 9:54 am #511532
- June 30, 2021 at 9:46 am #511529
- June 21, 2021 at 7:45 am #507870Michelle McQueenLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 8Replies: 153Has thanked: 625 timesBeen thanked: 840 times
Yes I would wear them again for old times. I was an outcast too soon trend setter at my school wearing dark blue and white striped bell bottom hip huggers. I got a lot of attention but the wrong kind… LOL. Sometimes I still think about those pants.
- June 17, 2021 at 7:54 am #505669Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 55Replies: 1403Has thanked: 6096 timesBeen thanked: 7128 times
What?!? Are they not in anymore? I gotta keep up with the times, lol.
I loved the groovy hippy-dippy 70’s sister! I have a pair of bellbottoms I can wear. Heck I still have a pair of high rise pleated corduroys too (nice chocolate brown, shows off my butt quite well) – please let me know if they come back in style! 😂
….time to turn on the lava lamp and find my pet rock… far out fellow babies… 😁
- June 14, 2021 at 11:37 am #504501Jena JonesLadyRegistered On: June 12, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 1Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 2 times
- June 14, 2021 at 11:25 am #504497Jeannie JonesDuchessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 11Replies: 554Has thanked: 1655 timesBeen thanked: 1935 times
As Mr. Ed would say: Neigh 🐎
- June 14, 2021 at 8:51 am #504441Heather JamesonDuchessRegistered On: April 1, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 597Has thanked: 1129 timesBeen thanked: 2244 times
Darn right I would, a nice pair of hat pants and wedge sandals, I’ll make myself a tie died blouse and find a big floppy hat to go with it. All I need is my Volkswagen van and it’s high school all over again. Yes I kind of put a whole new definition to the words high school. lol
- June 14, 2021 at 11:04 am #504492DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 106Replies: 1713Has thanked: 11209 timesBeen thanked: 6053 times
Remember those days like it was yesterday lol 70’s were so great
- June 15, 2021 at 9:23 am #504816Heather JamesonDuchessRegistered On: April 1, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 597Has thanked: 1129 timesBeen thanked: 2244 times
Good times now great memories Donna, the freedom of expression and exploration to see how far we could push the boundaries of acceptance with society and our parents. My parents are English and my father spent six years in the British military, pretty straight flyer but I was amazed at how forward thinking he could be especially in those times. Oh by the way they were hot pants, sorry for the typo.
- June 15, 2021 at 10:24 am #504849DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 106Replies: 1713Has thanked: 11209 timesBeen thanked: 6053 times
Oh own some hot pants too and shorts lol Think going to relive the 70’s as Donna Oh now need to find a good disco club around if any lol.
- June 17, 2021 at 7:38 am #505665Heather JamesonDuchessRegistered On: April 1, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 597Has thanked: 1129 timesBeen thanked: 2244 times
I don’t know where we’ll find the disco but I’m in. Real short skirt, heels and my pink satin blouse with some big moused up hair and big hoop earrings, now we’re talking. It would be great to take another run at with the experience I have now. Most of the clubs we went to back then were back alley and underground, not many places accepting to us back then.
- June 17, 2021 at 1:54 pm #505798DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 106Replies: 1713Has thanked: 11209 timesBeen thanked: 6053 times
Done those to but never as fem would love relive it now things of yesterdays but now as fem. Not many clubs in disco left around here most are the rave clubs and country western types. few blues.
- June 7, 2021 at 6:45 pm #501718DeniseDuchessRegistered On: January 27, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 109Has thanked: 446 timesBeen thanked: 351 times
Great post! I have to side with “I love the look”. I just got a pair that I love! As others have said, very tight jean style from the waist to the knee, then open up for a cute bell at the bottom. I usually pair them with ankle booties. No peasant or midriff tops for me tho! lol
I have also taken a liking to yoga pants with a flair legs. Super comfy and great for outdoor activities!
- June 7, 2021 at 8:02 pm #501739
- June 7, 2021 at 5:21 pm #501697Christine ManlyBaronessRegistered On: November 13, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 10Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 42 times
Theres a shopping site called Just Fashion Now. If you look under the bottoms header you will find a listing for denim. There are a few choices for flare ,shorts ,bell, capris. I admire the laid back easy going hippy look. The button fly bellbottoms caught my eye.
- June 7, 2021 at 5:42 pm #501706
- June 7, 2021 at 7:10 am #501472
- June 7, 2021 at 6:55 am #501464Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 551Has thanked: 479 timesBeen thanked: 2371 times
This is just me; but no.
We have a channel called Game TV, and they play game shows from the 70s, 80s, 90s, … and one of the game shows from the 70s is Match Game. Some of the girl contestants would wear bell bottoms, and to me they are not flattering whatsoever. They were once popular in the 70s, and I have not noticed them make a return.
- June 6, 2021 at 6:25 pm #501283Heather MeganLadyRegistered On: May 15, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 49Has thanked: 172 timesBeen thanked: 241 times
- June 6, 2021 at 6:28 pm #501284
- June 6, 2021 at 12:39 pm #501178Lola CapriceBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: May 26, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 246Has thanked: 1082 timesBeen thanked: 971 times
- June 6, 2021 at 1:21 pm #501193
- June 6, 2021 at 12:27 pm #501174Falecia McGuireLadyRegistered On: January 11, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 168Has thanked: 223 timesBeen thanked: 942 times
I think they’re trending again. I have several flared (not truly BBs) jeans that work very well for concealing high heeled booties and sandals – they have to be long enough! One pair are hiphuggers with a button fly. Looks great with wide fashion belts and buckles. Remember the girls in college who wore them with peasant crop tops and bare midriff – loves those flat bellies! In the 70s you could really kind-of crossdress without standing out in a crowd. I’d love to see a little more androgyny.
- June 6, 2021 at 11:59 am #501164Stephanie KennedyPrincessRegistered On: March 15, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1005Has thanked: 6859 timesBeen thanked: 4205 times
Hi Donna I love bell bottoms They were the first fem jeans i bought for my self. Most of my clothes were lets say borrowed at the time. The were a sailor style button up front panel. I did not think about VPLs or even noticeable bumps at the time I only remember getting compliments from GG friends on how cute they looked on me. They were a pain when it came to simple things like relieving your self. I had to unbutton all those buttons. I believe I was just 13 or 14 at the time. I can not picture myself wearing them today but there were defiantly cute at the time. Thank you for the memories.
- June 5, 2021 at 4:59 pm #500888Alice UnderwireLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 45Replies: 3577Has thanked: 4138 timesBeen thanked: 7872 times
- June 5, 2021 at 4:37 pm #500880Mika MaloneDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: November 11, 2020Topics: 45Replies: 835Has thanked: 2094 timesBeen thanked: 3245 times
I know this is an old thread but it just popped up on recent activity. I have NEVER been a fan of bell bottoms but I keep track of style trends. Bell bottoms and flare bottoms are back in style. I never would have given them much though but, due to recent trends, I have bought a couple of flare leg pants. My wife actually commented on how “groovy” they looked. Anything feminine that I wear that my wife can get behind is a plus in my book. I only have two pairs but that’s enough. The tight fit from the knees up requires me to wear a tucking gaff. So, I don’t wear them often. Besides, I would much rather wear dress or skirt. Pants are only for the days I don’t feel like shaving.
- June 5, 2021 at 4:22 pm #500872Stephanie BassPrincess - AnnualRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 1967Has thanked: 23945 timesBeen thanked: 6498 times
- June 5, 2021 at 4:08 pm #500862Bobbisue JonesLadyRegistered On: May 24, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 152Has thanked: 529 timesBeen thanked: 448 times
- June 5, 2021 at 3:21 pm #500839Alexis ReneDuchessRegistered On: September 26, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 18Has thanked: 54 timesBeen thanked: 132 times
Oh hell yeah…. I have two pair in my closet now and wear them often. I went to high school in the Virgin Islands back in the 70’s and can remember wearing my moms banana yellow hip hugger bellbottoms. A much more laid back life style then and there. Love to all….Alexis
- June 5, 2021 at 3:49 pm #500856
- June 5, 2021 at 2:29 pm #500810KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 9Replies: 643Has thanked: 1992 timesBeen thanked: 2993 times
Hi Donna, Well I know they are not jeans, but a few years ago I got a pair of femme Lululemon yoga pants – very stylish black bellbottoms with their logo on the back of the lower part of the leg. My wife does look twice when I wear them as they are very femme looking. While I really like my femme skinny jeans, a gurl has to have different outfits and bellbottom jeans would be a nice addition to my wardrobe. Take Care, All the Best, Hugs, Krista.
- June 5, 2021 at 1:29 pm #500779
- June 5, 2021 at 11:53 am #500740Rozalyne RichardsLadyRegistered On: March 10, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 604Has thanked: 1050 timesBeen thanked: 2081 times
- June 5, 2021 at 12:39 pm #500763
- June 5, 2021 at 10:10 am #500716Carolyn KayBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 19Replies: 283Has thanked: 1324 timesBeen thanked: 1396 times
- June 5, 2021 at 10:24 am #500718
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.