• This topic has 52 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 28 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

If Bellbottom jeans would ever come back would anyone wear them again

• This topic was modified 2 years ago by Samantha Roarke. Reason: Moving to Polls
      Carolyn Kay
      Baroness - Annual

Yes, yes, yes, I use to love wearing bell bottoms and was one of the first boys, in my neighborhood, to wear them way back when. I should have known back then there was something femme inside, lol.

Anonymous

Same here Carolyn had a pair where the flair had red white blue with one star.

Anonymous

Hi Donna, yes i would wear them again, i wore them the first time round, I’m showing my age a bit,

Hugs Roz xxxxx

Anonymous

LOL bellbottoms and tie dye shirts. for those lazy days of summer.

Prudence
      Ambassador

Absolutely!  I wish I still had the originals!

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Donna, Well I know they are not jeans, but a few years ago I got a pair of femme Lululemon yoga pants – very stylish black bellbottoms with their logo on the back of the lower part of the leg.  My wife does look twice when I wear them as they are very femme looking.  While I really like my femme skinny jeans, a gurl has to have different outfits and bellbottom jeans would be a nice addition to my wardrobe. Take Care, All the Best, Hugs, Krista.

Oh hell yeah…. I have two pair in my closet now and wear them often. I went to high school in the Virgin Islands back in the 70’s and can remember wearing my moms banana yellow hip hugger bellbottoms. A much more laid back life style then and there. Love to all….Alexis

Anonymous

Those were the good old days

Oh Donna bring back those pleasent memories of the past  .. Mom and dad said no they would not buy them but with saving allowance bought my own just loved them..  a great memorie thanks ..

Stephanie

Anonymous

LOL sounds like same parents well they did buy me one pair had to look cool in school. Then got a little job delivery of papers bought more.

I know this is an old thread but it just popped up on recent activity. I have NEVER been a fan of bell bottoms but I keep track of style trends. Bell bottoms and flare bottoms are back in style. I never would have given them much though but, due to recent trends, I have bought a couple of flare leg pants. My wife actually commented on how “groovy” they looked. Anything feminine that I wear that my wife can get behind is a plus in my book. I only have two pairs but that’s enough. The tight fit from the knees up requires me to wear a tucking gaff. So, I don’t wear them often. Besides, I would much rather wear dress or skirt. Pants are only for the days I don’t feel like shaving.

Hi Donna,

Absolutely!  Bell bottoms with a peasant blouse.

Alice

Hi Donna I love bell bottoms They were the first fem jeans i bought for my self. Most of my clothes were lets say borrowed at the time. The were a sailor style button up front panel. I did not think about VPLs or even noticeable bumps at the time I only remember getting compliments from GG friends on how cute they looked on me. They were a pain when it came to simple things like relieving  your self. I had to unbutton all those buttons. I believe I was just 13 or 14 at the time. I can not picture myself wearing them today but there were defiantly cute at the time. Thank you for the memories.

Luv Stephanie

I think they’re trending again.  I have several flared (not truly BBs) jeans that work very well for concealing high heeled booties and sandals – they have to be long enough!  One pair are hiphuggers with a button fly.  Looks great with wide fashion belts and buckles.  Remember the girls in college who wore them with peasant crop tops and bare midriff – loves those flat bellies!  In the 70s you could really kind-of crossdress without standing out in a crowd.  I’d love to see a little more androgyny.
      FAM

Lola Caprice
      Baroness

I definitely remember those days.  Had no interest in trendy fashion back then but I’d totally ROCK a pair now!  And a pair of sparkly platform boots please…

Anonymous

Oh yes had to have some sparkling boots for them. So miss the 70’s lol

I had to say No because I couldn’t find a “Hell No” choice 😉

But as always, we should all dress only to please ourselves 😍

Anonymous

Sorry heather was going to add it but decided not to didn’t want the post questionable for foul language lol.

This is just me; but no.

We have a channel called Game TV, and they play game shows from the 70s, 80s, 90s, …  and one of the game shows from the 70s is Match Game.  Some of the girl contestants would wear bell bottoms, and to me they are not flattering whatsoever.  They were once popular in the 70s, and I have not noticed them make a return.

Theres a shopping site called Just Fashion Now. If you look under the bottoms header you will find a listing for denim. There are a few choices for flare ,shorts ,bell, capris. I admire the laid back easy going hippy look. The button fly bellbottoms caught my eye.

Anonymous

Thank you Christine Peace and love .

Donna,
      Great post! I have to side with “I love the look”. I just got a pair that I love! As others have said, very tight jean style from the waist to the knee, then open up for a cute bell at the bottom. I usually pair them with ankle booties. No peasant or midriff tops for me tho! lol
      I have also taken a liking to yoga pants with a flair legs. Super comfy and great for outdoor activities!

Anonymous

Own few of those yoga pants too like how they feel great when jogging out.

Anonymous

Darn right I would, a nice pair of hat pants and wedge sandals, I’ll make myself a tie died blouse and find a big floppy hat to go with it. All I need is my Volkswagen van and it’s high school all over again. Yes I kind of put a whole new definition to the words high school. lol

Anonymous

Remember those days like it was yesterday lol 70’s were so great

Anonymous

Good times now great memories Donna, the freedom  of expression and exploration to see how far we could push the boundaries of acceptance with society and our parents. My parents are English and my father spent six years in the British military, pretty straight flyer but I was amazed at how forward thinking he could be especially in those times. Oh by the way they were hot pants, sorry for the typo.

Anonymous

Oh own some hot pants too and shorts lol Think going to relive the 70’s as Donna  Oh now need to find a good disco club around if any lol.

Anonymous

I don’t know where we’ll find the disco but I’m in. Real short skirt, heels and my pink satin blouse with some big moused up hair and big hoop earrings, now we’re talking. It would be great to take another run at with the experience I have now. Most of the clubs we went to back then were back alley and underground, not many places accepting to us back then.

Anonymous

Done those to but never as fem would love relive it now things of yesterdays but now as fem.  Not many clubs in disco left around here most are the rave clubs and country western types. few blues.

As Mr. Ed would say: Neigh 🐎

Anonymous

LOL Mr ED wore shoes

not only would i but i already d0

i just luv a boho look and a pair of bellbottoms

with a cool blouse ,floppy hat, big big sunglasses ,

flip flops, and a fabulous smile make it THE look

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

What?!?  Are they not in anymore?  I gotta keep up with the times, lol.

I loved the groovy hippy-dippy 70’s sister!  I have a pair of bellbottoms I can wear.  Heck I still have a pair of high rise pleated corduroys too (nice chocolate brown, shows off my butt quite well) – please let me know if they come back in style! 😂

….time to turn on the lava lamp and find my pet rock… far out fellow babies… 😁

Anonymous

Wasn’t the mood ring part of this year too

Anonymous
      Lady

Yes I would wear them again for old times. I was an outcast too soon trend setter at my school wearing dark blue and white striped bell bottom  hip huggers. I got a lot of attention but the wrong kind… LOL.  Sometimes I still think about those pants.

Anonymous

I didn’t wear them then, and certainly woudnt now

No. Never. If I were to have something billowing around my ankles it would be a long flowing dress.

[quote quote=500696]If Bellbottom jeans would ever come back would anyone wear them again[/quote]

Donna

Where is the “HELL NO!” voting option!?

As a child I was traumatised by hand-me-downs from my (much) older siblings. Getting well into the 1980s and still wearing items from the previous decade did wonders for my self confidence, not!

Over 50 now and insistent on skinny jeans for the past 30 years! Anything with even a hint of flare should be killed with fire! 😉

That, of course, is my drab self talking. Jen does experiment a bit more with swirling and colourful fabrics but, even then, a bellbottom might be an experiment too far.

Anonymous

Sorry wanted to be civil could have added it lol

Hugs

Donna

Anonymous

My older cousin went through a “hippy” phase, and I got his hand-me-downs in the early ’70’s. Oh how I hated those embroidered bell bottoms, tie-died T shirts, etc. I did my best to trash them so I didn’t have to wear them. To this day, my mother will comment about how hard I was on clothes growing up! lol
        She never noticed I wasn’t near as hard on the more blouse-like peasant shirts… 🙂
        This thread is sure bringing back the memories!

Being Dimensionally challenged, i think of any type of pants as being my arch nemesis!
      Skirts and dresses.

Anonymous

lol I am a all type of girl love wearing casual things to formal dresses.  Maybe reliving my youth again but this time as a woman.

Donna

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Oh yes they were great in the 70’s and were great for cleaning the floor. They wouldn’t suit me at my age and I have bought a mop instead….

Anonymous

LOL would wear them few times if woodstock would come around again.

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

Wore them in the 1960s, when they were part of the US Navy work uniform.  The Navy got rid of them in the early 70s, and I have never worn them since then and will never wear them ever again!

Confession Time:  I proudly own and wear 2 pair of “Flare Leg” jeans.  That is how they are sold now, and you can argue with a young person until they turn blue (no choking, please) in the face that they insist that the bell bottoms from 50 years ago are NOT the same thing as ‘Flare Leg” jeans.  I wear mine mostly with some of my boots or sandals.  My mom was one of the ultimate ‘hippie chics’ and I was not far behind her in my likes of what I wore as a male back then.  The 2 pair that I currently own are women’s cut and sized, a little embroidery on the back pockets, but no colorful stitched flowers on the legs and bells.

You will also get the almost same exact argument from them about ‘Hip Huggers’ vs. ‘Low Rise’ jeans.  What was once a fashion trend will always come back around eventually, just be patient.  Let’s just pray that double knit suits stay gone forever though.

PaulaF

Anonymous

Now just needing one of those old VW vans.

Welllllll Donna, I do drive a van.  But it’s a Toyota Sienna XLE.  Comfort did win our over hip.

PaulaF

Anonymous

That would work just as good.

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I sure would. I come from the era of bell bottoms. Aging myself. LOL

Hugs, Liara

Donna,

Until August I would have agreed with several other girls and replied NO. I was shopping at a Maurice’s store in Nashville, and a saleslady approached me and asked if I needed help. I gave my standard “No thanks, just looking. ” She looked at me head to toe, and said “I have a pair of jeans I’d like you to try on.” I was amazed that she could look at me and hand me a pair that she thought would fit. I did go into the dressing room and try them on. They were KanCan “Flare Leg” (as Paula pointed out here) jeans with a 33′ inseam. They fit perfect.

I took a couple pictures , but wasn’t really sure about the flare/bellbottom look. I decided to wait, still shocked that she instantly knew they would fit. That evening at dinner I was talking with a couple of GG friends, and told them the story. After showing the picture, one of the girls said they looked great and should go back and buy them. I did go back two days later and grabbed the only pair in my size.

I wore them out to a couple bars in DC a couple weeks ago with pair of heeled sandals and got lots of compliments.

So in short time, my NO WAY changed to a yes. Thinking about getting another pair now. I’d also never heard of the KanCan brand, but now have two pairs, they really fit great.

Thanks

Lisa

Anonymous

Thats great Lisa know been looking myself and everytime go to the store always have in my hands then put them back.  Really need to stop thinking and go with inner thoughts and just get them.  Once get all healed up from my facial surgery plan on going shopping for sure. A girl with a new face need some new clothes for sure.

Donna

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?