Tagged: 

Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I have tried several brands and types of bras. Can someone help me?

Could you be more specific?  What is the problem or for what are you looking exactly?

Anonymous

I think that if your wife is supportive, her advice would be invaluable. She could help with measurements to help you find the correct size and then explain what the different types are. She might even help with selection and fitting.

Wives are an invaluable resource because they have learnt the lessons we are still trying to learn.

Jane

Best bra??? here is my opinion. You will “stuff it” with something, sooner or later. I recommend a full cup type.  Socks, kleenix or the….breast forms all fall out of demi bras and balconette types….definitely want to avoid this….can be most embaressing. Visit web-sites on How to buy a bra……lots of great advice. Proper measurement and sizing are mandatory.  It is my discovery that even though the tag reads 34 B, actual sizes vary from mfgr to mfgr. Yeah! Really”  Best bet is to try them on and take your stuffing with you.    Lady Veronica Graunwolf

In my limited experience I have found the following:

Band sizes are frustrating. Why does everything from a 40 to a 50 fit my 48″ chest?

Cup sizes go all over the place since they’re volume based. As suggested, figure out what you’re putting in them and adjust accordingly. And don’t get me started on breast forms and their sizes.

So, to the point. If I just want to wear a bra without forms or stuffing, Especially for underdressing I like the various pullover/sports types that you see advertised on TV and in the newspaper inserts. Since they’re made to stretch to accommodate different cup sizes they ‘fit’ my small male breasts. I also have a 46AA Amoena bra if I want a ‘real’ bra experience.

Otherwise, I agree – full cup if you don’t want things to fall out. Amoena or other mastectomy bras if you want to put your forms/stuffing in a pocket. Good old Playtex – especially for us larger folks – if you want something basic and practical – like a lot of GG’s do. Bali makes some very nice ones as well – my Bali bra is my go to if I am dressing to go out.

Sexy is harder – I look for an underwire and full cup that’s sheer or lacy, but haven’t found a great one yet. Amazon, Her Room and its associates, Lane Bryant are all good sources.

And some of the crossdresser specialty shops have bras made to hold forms as well. I haven’t tried any of those yet.

Hope this was helpful

Millie

Victoria’s Secret

Wow, what an interesting question with endless answers.  There are a million different sizes, styles and types of bras.  So, I think the best answer is whatever fits you and makes you feel comfortable and makes you not want to rip it off at the end of the day.  That being said, you might want to go to a thrift shop and try and buy a few cheap bras that seem ok to you.  After a few days of wearing one you will know if you might love it or want to make a bonfire with it.  Look for things like long enough straps, shape under your clothes, body fit and chafing etc. Then look at the label and try to find a new one in the same model and size.  That helps you get closer to a bra that you can count on making your own.  Some people wash their new bras 3 times before they find them comfortable.  I wear beige off the shelf Maidenform underwire T-shirt bras for everyday and black or beige Maidenform pushup bras for extra effect in an evening gown.  They are so comfortable that I don’t even know that I am wearing them.  My bras last about 6-8 months so hopefully the manufacturer hasn’t changed the design or material causing me to start the search process all over.  Incidentally, I see bras like car models, here for a while and poof, suddenly they are gone without warning.   So, I usually buy a few extra  bras that I think are perfect fits for me and then just keep them on hand for when I retire a worn out one.  This process usually works for me as long as I maintain my figure.  So, I hope this is useful and supporting information for you.  Hugs literally,  Marg

Anonymous
      Lady

As others have said, there are thousands and thousands of different bras to choose from and the best way is to try one then another until you find one that is comfortable and does what you expect. No one can tell you exactly what bra is best for you.

My best bra is the one I’m wearing on any given day. Today its a Vanity Fair, red, full soft cup bra with lace around the bottom of the cups and it holds my D forms very nicely. Its very comfortable.

It’s really a personal choice thing. My favourites are Delta Burke because they have wide straps at the shoulder and stay in place.  Bali would be my next favorite. All my bras are underwire which can be a pain at times but really hold the girls where they should be.  I usually wear DD so support is paramount. Some are padded but most are designed to hold my forms without seeing the form at all, giving good separation.

Brand is not so important but rather style, so depending what I’m wearing for a top will dictate what bra/panty color and style I will wear. I usually buy mine at Ross or Burlington, or Bealls.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Jill Lacey.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?