• This topic has 19 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 19 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I would really like to lose 20 lbs of belly fat.  I jog and walk at least 3 miles a day and sometimes 5 or more.  This has done me no good wrt weight loss.  Have any of you ladies lost a significant amount of weight and, if so what method or supplement did you use?

Thank you,

Kerri

Hi Kerri,

To lose weight you’ll need to cut calories in your diet.

Alice

Angela Booth
      Hostess

There are so many regimens available out there and can be confusing. What works for one doesn’t work for another. The first thing to do is check in on your doctor and have a health check to make sure you are fit for what you want to do. The doctor may refer you to a clinic or group and form a plan of diet and fitness regimen tailored for your needs. Perhaps join a gym and work on the areas that you want to trim, again diet is important as you need to ensure your intake is enough to get you through the day and not too much to stop weight reduction. Your body has taken years to get to the shape you are in and you may see belly fat but what is on the inside that may also cause a belly? It took years to form then how quickly can it be reduced? 

Losing weight is not an exact science and use the S.M.A.R.T. model – Specific, Measured, Achievable, Realistic and Timed.

HI Kerri

I find if you can stick to it the Keto diet works well, cut down the carbs

Paula

Anonymous
      Lady

I get on my spin bike every other day and do planks to tighten my core. Watching calories is hard for me but cutting carbs is easier. I have gone from a 20 size jean to a 14 in a year and 26 dress to an 18/20. My dresses are larger to accommodate my bust. It takes work no other way around it. Now if I could just find something to make my feet smaller then I would be so happy!

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Kerri

I find it difficult to cut calories. I exercise almost every day. I find it very hard to cut down on portion size, and I love my deserts.

I have lost about 15 pounds, but I think that’s mostly due to my drinking less since I’ve been dressing. This girl only has one beer in the evening.

Before I discovered my inner girl I had 2-3 drinks most nights.
      Alcohol can really add to that calorie count.

Lara

Anonymous

I rode my Peloton like a woman possessed last year for 6 months and didn’t see a lot of weight loss, but did feel great and got more toned generally.  It wasn’t until I focused on diet that I saw significant weight loss.  It’s especially difficult on HRT, at least it was for me, as my metabolism slowed way down. Note the distinction between being on a diet and just having a healthy diet.  The latter is the more sustainable in the long run, but hard to achieve.

Noom was my choice, and it worked well, for me.  Monitoring portions and what I ate every day was a chore, but it helped me eventually make better choices and be more mindful about what I was eating, and now it’s second nature.  It doesn’t take very much to consume a lot of calories, and it’s nearly impossible to burn it all off on exercise alone.  I lost 40 lbs in total and have sustained that for a year now as I settled into the right calorie intake and exercise mix for sustainment. Noom is expensive, and not necessary, any tracker for diet journaling can do (myfitnesspal is one I use now).

The other thing I do is weigh myself every morning.  I used to think that was a terrible idea, but what actually happens is you learn to recognize what is just normal fluctuation versus a developing trend in the wrong direction and adjust accordingly before its too far gone and demotivating.

Also, I’m sad to report, belly is the last thing to go, and I swear breasts are the first.

Best wishes!

Natalie Dane
      Duchess

Hi Kerri,

Like others have said there is no magic to weight loss.  The key is simply taking in less calories than you expend.  This is the only sustainable method for long-term, healthy weight loss.

One thing I would stress is not just eating less but eating healthier.  It doesn’t take much more time to prepare meals from raw or while foods if you can manage the time. The foods taste great, and you know exactly what’s going into your body.

Try not to drink your calories, you’d be surprised how quickly sports drinks, soda, juice and alcohol undermine calorie cutting.  Opt for water instead.  I know some people just don’t like drinking water, but it helps activate you metabolism, will keep you full longer and keep you hydrated!  If you do shy away from water try cutting up some fresh fruit into mineral water this will sweeten your drink naturally and be crisp and refreshing!

Truly wishing you the best. I know it can be challenging but it’s also well worth it. I have struggled with weight my entire life and dropped roughly 40 lbs in 2021 by closely monitoring my diet using a phone ap.   Recording everything you eat can get bothersome, but if you stick with it long enough you eventually understand how much your body needs to sustain itself.  Natalie.

Eat food!
      Not too much!
      Mostly plants!
      Walk!

Araminta.

Hi Kerry! I lost over 30 lbs cycling. I bought a good bicycle, changed my diet by eliminating sweets. I cycle almost every day. I am now a size 12. I was a size 20/22 (fat!). So diet and regular exercise is my reply to you. Good luck in your efforts. Hugs, Debbie Lynn

Hi Kerri,  I was once 30 pounds overweight and climbing and my doctor asked what I was eating.  I said beer and pizza.  She said OK if you don’t change in a few years you will be a 55 pound overweight mess and I will be giving you medication and making you eat salads etc……..or you can continue the way you are right now IF you reduce that amount that you consume.  Sooo, I went on the beer and pizza diet (not officially recognized) and cut down from 3 beers and an 3/4 of a pizza down to 2 beers and a half pizza.  I then weighed myself every morning and if I was up a little I just reduced that amount of beer and pizza for the day.  It took 10 years to finally work it all out but now I still have beer and pizza for lunch and dinner (usually one slice and one light beer per meal) and got to the healthy weight that I can maintain and still have fun with my food  (no salads etc.).  My doctor is OK with my blood work and my weight and I still work part time as a lumber jack.   If my weight starts to get a little low, I just enjoy an extra pizza slice.  The reverse is true also.  It works for me but I think that the takeaway from all of this is what most people have already said.   You have to reduce caloric intake.  It’s not easy but it is possible.  You might try to reduce what you would normally eat by 1/10 and also drink a glass of water just before sitting down.  You might also have to put up with peer pressure to eat.  My wife and her family were always insulted if I didn’t chow down at their table but I persisted and now they struggle with serious conditions that may have been avoidable.  It’s a lifestyle change and not easy but I wish you great success.  Marg

Anonymous

Hi Kerri,

I have used the “MyFitnessPal” app to count calories and macros for the last 4 years.

I lost 15 lbs and have kept it off using the old fashioned calorie counting.

Also I do CrossFit 5 days a week.

Good luck

Caroline

First off, I am not a doctor, just reporting what worked for me. Also please note there is no one size fits all. When I went into the doctor to ask about weight loss, he talked about cutting out mayo, pop, pizza, no more fast food…all of these were things I didn’t ever have. I hate mayo, have one can of pop a week, never get fast foods. My problem was with constantly snacking on various small foods when I wasn’t hungry.

Losing weight is all about calorie deficit. Taking in less calories then you are burning. 3500 calories make up one pound. I heard that most people consider 1 mile to be equal to 100 calories burned. So it is important to calculate it out to figure out how much you are burning from exercise.

After that it is all about figuring out how much you take it. Keep a food diary and track what all you eat and be honest with yourself. There was a study done on food diaries and found out people who honestly tracked what they eat usually lost more weight. Keep track of it and count calories. The human body needs ~2000 calories a day. So anything below that helps burn the excess calories you already have on your body.

Fiber and protein both help with keeping a full feeling throughout the day. Cold water also helps, keeps the body hydrated, pumps up metabolism and helps with a full feeling as well as helps the body flow and keep off water weight.

Christa
      Lady

I was 260 in November. Urgh. I got a new job as a supervisor at a sports/convention complex in the operations dept. Basically it’s my job to oversee the workers. It’s a big place. The convention center has multiple floors too. Let’s just say I do ALOT of walking and have no time to snack.

I’m now a size 14 and down to 225 lbs!

Oh…and plus I get to drive the Zamoni for hockey games!

Peta Mari
      Lady

I have been doing Keto for 3 years. I was a lifelong asthmatic. Had had 10 severe analylphalaxis reactions to food intolerance. And weighed 122kg.

Within 5 months of starting keto, i went off all asthma medications. And dont have to take antihistamines for food intolerances. And I am down to 74kg.

I dont count calories. And I’m not hungry. (Yes I get hungry, but once I eat I’m content.)

If anyone is interested, I reccomend you look up Proffessors Westman, and or Phinny. Dr Paul Mason.

Anonymous

I don’t know or can’t say that it works for everyone. But when I smoke a little Maryjane. I lose weight like crazy I guess it has some kind of effect on my system. I dropped like six pant size went from 270 280 down to like 190. In like just a few months

Lady j

I have lost 35 pounds since the end of January. I have found that a slight calorie deficit and non-aerobic exercise to be the best. 2 days a week maximum for aerobic exercise. Some light weight lifting can help (I haven’t done it) to burn it off quicker as well. Find a BMR calculator and put your particulars in and drop your calorie intake 10-15% a day. I also intermittent fast.

Hi Kerri!
      I can’t really say what exactly works for me, I switched to a WFPB diet and lost some weight, but I mainly do it for other health reasons. My youngest daughter has a friend who is both a personal trainer and a Registered Dietician (she is my RD now) This woman is fit!. She told me good luck trying to lose weight with exercising alone as the main method. It doesn’t work. You will lose some (not much) but it’s mostly fluid loss. It is more a matter of lower calorie/type of foods intake, HOWEVER, the exercise part of it is very important to maintain the loss, and to tone any flabby parts left from weight loss, not to mention the cardio benefits! She doesn’t know I CD, so she is always suggesting I work on my upper body to get more arm muscle and build up my pecs. (I don’t want pecs, I wants boobs, lol!), but basically no matter what method you lose, less calories in is the key. She doesn’t condone KETO, but it works for many (I did it for a while and lost a lot of weight, but as soon as I went off Keto, I started to gain it back). One thing she told me was a lower weight does not equal healthy, so don’t “crash diet”.
      Hugs, Kristen

Elaine
      Duchess

For me the only diet yhat works is eat less, move more. Fad diets don’t work or are temporary loss. Loosing weigh takes a long time. I have lost 30 pds over 9 years.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Elaine.
      Anonymous

after diet and exercise, coolsculpting.

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?