Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Looking for recommendations on a good basic face skincare routine. I’m enjoying experimenting with makeup when I can, but I’ve noticed that my skin feels rough. I’d really like to develop a good routine and products to use every day (morning and night) to help my skin become softer and more amenable to makeup.

Thanks for any suggestions. This stuff can be so confusing!

Lola Caprice
      Baroness

Thanks for asking this question Marcie.  I will be watching this thread because I need help too!  Sorry I don’t have any answers though.

💖Lola

Jill Marshall
      Duchess

Much depends on the specific qualities of your skin. Also not all areas of your skin may need the same thing.

For regular washing day to day I have used Neutrogena facial cleansers-Either the face wash in a pump bottle, cream cleanser and every so often the exfoliating scrub.

Since my skin tends to the oily side, products that have worked best for me for additional moisturizing are cera ve hydrating facial cleanser, or cetaphil cleanser. These are very gentle, almost neutral. I dont really use these to cleanse, just to moisturize as a supplement especially around my eyes. It takes time and the effect is subtle but I believe these provide a gentle hydrating effect that has helped more than the retinol lotions that I tried. Retinols are popular and make dramatic promises but they are pricey and for me they have not been particularly effective.

For areas where I shave, very recently I started using an aftershave balm, and I am liking the effect that has had as well in terms of smoothing down follicles or other bumps.

Anonymous

Thanks for sharing. I’ll have to try the aftershave balm.
        Thanks Boo Boo

Anonymous

I have been using an anti-bacterial face wash that helped me personally with my skin staying clear. Before I apply makup, I use a primer that also hydarates the skin.

Everyone is different & has individual skin needs. Just sharing what has finally worked for me xx
      Hugs
      Boo Boo

I use MiamiMD products. I use the main face cream and the hair and skin suppliment. All of the cigarettes I smoke gave me that “face” by age 20. After about a month of the products I look like a teenager again. Though I am only 22.

I’m a Rodan & Fields girl all the way…

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Professional Makeup Advice’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?