- March 30, 2021 at 6:46 am #471155Stephanie PartimeParticipantRegistered On: March 15, 2021Topics: 6Replies: 15Has thanked: 105 timesBeen thanked: 134 times
- April 6, 2021 at 5:15 pm #474520
- April 4, 2021 at 7:24 pm #473796Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 10Replies: 881Has thanked: 1236 timesBeen thanked: 2930 times
I so agree with Lisa… Veet or some such does an admirable job! It may take a wee while to judge the timing and you may experience a little discomfort if left on for too long but the results are great with no danger of drawing blood. The interesting thing with a chemical depilatory cream is that it melts the hair, leaving no sharp edges for problems with regrowth.
Otherwise… pluck up courage, open your wallet/handbag and book into a Laser Hair Removal course! You realise, of course, that these clinics serve many ‘diverse’ customers and a happy customer is a return customer! You’ll have no problems there as I have found out.
Smooth, shiny Polly sends her love!
- April 3, 2021 at 6:37 am #473070JACKIE SlipsDuchessRegistered On: July 29, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 42Has thanked: 102 timesBeen thanked: 130 times
- April 2, 2021 at 4:28 pm #472828Teri RayLadyRegistered On: September 24, 2017Topics: 0Replies: 10Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 43 times
- April 4, 2021 at 5:07 pm #473789JACKIE SlipsDuchessRegistered On: July 29, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 42Has thanked: 102 timesBeen thanked: 130 times
me too teri
- April 5, 2021 at 2:13 am #473866Kathleen 60454LadyRegistered On: January 8, 2020Topics: 44Replies: 417Has thanked: 2063 timesBeen thanked: 1505 times
- April 2, 2021 at 3:31 pm #472789Stephanie PartimeLadyRegistered On: March 15, 2021Topics: 6Replies: 15Has thanked: 105 timesBeen thanked: 134 times
Awesome suggestions! Thank You! I have taken a bit of each of your suggestions and found a comfortable way. Repetition is the key. I also use a Venus or 5 blade razor. I guess the biggest challenge is learning how to shave differently than one learns with their face.
- April 2, 2021 at 1:22 pm #472693LisaTLadyRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 41Replies: 478Has thanked: 360 timesBeen thanked: 2131 times
The Veet cream did the job. After so any attempts to get a smooth finish it was such a relief. So for the foreseeable future I will be mostly shaving which is quick and efficient but the personal bit will be chemical cream and hopefully it will get less and easier with time.
- April 2, 2021 at 12:41 pm #472681GenevïéveLadyRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 26Replies: 1059Has thanked: 9130 timesBeen thanked: 4322 times
I sit in a high-back office chair that reclines in front of my makeup mirror. Once I am comfortable, and have a good view of the sbject, the procedure can begin.
Using Dove hair conditioner as a lubricant (never any razor burn), I shave with a two blade Gillette disposable razor and swap them out regularly to maintain a sharp edge.
Slow and steady is the key. We dont want any unfortunate accidents…. “HON… CALL 911” 🚑… seriously though, just go slow and you’ll be fine.
I finish off with the Philips IPL. Haven’t used the IPL at all lately… on a bit of a hiatus from it. Going to resume treatments for the next few months. Shaved my legs today and gave them a going-over with the IPL.
Actually, I’m in need of a once-over in the bikini zone… too-da-loos I’m off…
- April 7, 2021 at 8:23 am #474851Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 26Replies: 790Has thanked: 11452 timesBeen thanked: 2968 times
I’ve started using my IPL, and have gotten good results so far. I’ve probably used it the most on my face, and although I still need a daily shave, the shadow at the end of the day is FAR less than before. I would guess that I could now get away with being in makeup for most of the day before having to find somewhere to remove it, shave, and start over, whereas before I could only really get away with being in makeup for maybe three or four hours at most.
As far as “down there” goes, I went from using Veet to using a razor most of the time. It’s just something you have to get accustomed to, and get your skin used to it also. I’ll have to try that Dove hair conditioner and see what difference it makes.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- April 7, 2021 at 8:53 am #474862
- April 2, 2021 at 12:15 pm #472678Haley AnnLadyRegistered On: October 12, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 109Has thanked: 97 timesBeen thanked: 496 times
Well, I am blessed with light colored body hair, and a not too heavy beard either! I just use the cheap plastic double-blade razors that come 10 in a bag! I shave my face every day, from neck to waist one day, then waist down the next, so I never really have stubble and a non-scented lotion eliminates any razor bumps. I do leave a little landing strip down there, just to prove that I am a real ginger😉
- April 2, 2021 at 11:00 am #472657Tonya LerenLadyRegistered On: January 5, 2021Topics: 23Replies: 221Has thanked: 625 timesBeen thanked: 1078 times
I shave everything, still trying various razors but any of the Venus razors work wonderfully I feel. I also use a sensitive skin shaving cream and don’t really get razor burn much anymore.
- April 2, 2021 at 10:45 am #472654Lily-Rose NielsenDuchessRegistered On: November 2, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 193Has thanked: 977 timesBeen thanked: 697 times
- March 31, 2021 at 3:54 am #471648Marcie MayLadyRegistered On: January 7, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 114Has thanked: 938 timesBeen thanked: 308 times
- March 31, 2021 at 2:15 am #471628Regine RichPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 28Replies: 789Has thanked: 7810 timesBeen thanked: 3473 times
- March 31, 2021 at 1:16 am #471609LisaTLadyRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 41Replies: 478Has thanked: 360 timesBeen thanked: 2131 times
Thanks girls. I’m watching this thread develop with great interest. I shave everywhere apart from part of my face and between my neck and nipples. As a result I have a nice tidy beard and some hair on my chest. The beard is quite simply neither I nor anyone I know liked my look without it but it also contributes to the reason for keeping the chest hair which is it’s a visible affirmation of my manhood for “she who must be obeyed”.
I shave my face and neck just before our shower in the mornings and then shave the rest in the hot shower. It doesn’t take long though it does mean I take much longer in the morning than my wife.
I’m still experimenting with “down there” I will say pubic and if it’s unacceptable let Samantha edit it out. Shaving here creates quite a severe rash plus it grows quickly and is stubbly so I end up shaving it again with bumps from the shaving rash still there this can result in little cuts. “She who must be obeyed is helping and incredibly it’s seems to me is better and more gentle at shaving there than me. We have both tried to wax. I let it regrow just to wax it and we both have tried. The hair is incredibly well rooted and just doesn’t want to pull out. Not for want of trying and as I said “she who must be obeyed” applied all her skill and efforts but eventually gave up. Please note I didn’t stop her she just isn’t sadistic enough to keep waxing just to inflict pain when it’s obviously not working.
I’m currently letting it grow a bit and waiting for all signs of skin rash to abate before we try Veet dipillatory cream.
It’s so hard being a girl.
Soon to be smooth again Lisa xxx
- This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by LisaT.
- March 30, 2021 at 12:32 pm #471356Lexie TraskPrincessRegistered On: August 9, 2020Topics: 11Replies: 113Has thanked: 255 timesBeen thanked: 621 times
I shave everyday, but only do the upper half, from neck to waist one day, then the next day I shave from the waist to my toes.
I shave the groin area all around, between my legs, upper thighs, everywhere!
I use a Gillette Venus, 5-blade razor with skintimate sensitive skin shave gel which I buy in units of 6 from Amazon.
- This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by Lexie Trask.
- March 31, 2021 at 12:40 am #471596Andi DuBoisLadyRegistered On: January 7, 2021Topics: 4Replies: 72Has thanked: 89 timesBeen thanked: 293 times
Is it just my imagination or are blades of a much poorer quality now than they used to be? It feels like I get less uses out of them before they lose their sharpness or the strips run out than with blades of old.
I’ve always used a man’s razor (currently the one with the articulated head) but do the female targetted ones like the Venus make a difference?
- March 30, 2021 at 11:55 am #471343Stephanie PartimeLadyRegistered On: March 15, 2021Topics: 6Replies: 15Has thanked: 105 timesBeen thanked: 134 times
I’ve shave everything except my armpits, a patch of chest hair (wife loves it)and facial hair (I just can’t seem to get rid of my goat-T just yet) every 4 days. I use a luffa, moisturizing wash, shaving cream and then post shower, moisturizer cream. It’s all been going really good but, when I start shaving down below I get really nervous. So, I didn’t know if there was a safer and even more effective way of doing it ourselves. Seems like careful shaving is the consensus.
How do I ask this….do you shave the groin area between high inner thigh and dangly bag?
1 user thanked author for this post.
- March 30, 2021 at 11:32 am #471331Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 54Replies: 1116Has thanked: 3881 timesBeen thanked: 5794 times
- March 30, 2021 at 11:28 pm #471584stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 146Replies: 1964Has thanked: 3130 timesBeen thanked: 9035 times
Sometimes after shaving …. it does feel as if you have used a blowtorch…. or maybe even an angle-grinder. You soon forget it when the wine takes effect.
ouch! Steph xx
1 user thanked author for this post.
- March 30, 2021 at 10:49 am #471308Roberta BroussardBaronessRegistered On: July 20, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 92Has thanked: 1119 timesBeen thanked: 372 times
- March 30, 2021 at 10:48 am #471306Jamie PeridotLadyRegistered On: February 19, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 193Has thanked: 1156 timesBeen thanked: 558 times
I have done everything from shaving to waxing. I used the Sally Hanson or Veet wax strips. They work pretty well for me. It is just a lot of work. When shaving I use a Schick slim twin razor and very little soap. The small head offers greater visibility. Some people even shave dry (especially “the shaft.”) Use an after shave product with aloe or for sensitive skin to avoid “bumps.” However, it is very prickly when it starts to grow out. Now I just use a beard and mustache trimmer (Philips I think) with an adjustable guard set at about 4 (out of 9 or 10). Not so short it pricks and itches, but not so long it looks like a jungle. Hugs🤗
- March 30, 2021 at 10:32 am #471278Robyn DrakeDuchessRegistered On: March 19, 2019Topics: 50Replies: 325Has thanked: 399 timesBeen thanked: 848 times
- March 30, 2021 at 7:41 am #471180Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 418Has thanked: 336 timesBeen thanked: 1770 times
- March 30, 2021 at 7:52 am #471187
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.